Red_Fist wrote:There are two "TriggerLight" in the stock, UT actor browser.
Boulder ? It's not the end of world.
Then checkout MH-MJD(fix) or something like this (probably fix version). See how many MonsterEnd0 has. Still wonder why MH is crashing ? Simple: Because of ass-holes infiltrated in UT as "mappers-helpers" attacking from inside (my opinion), because they cannot do nothing from outside being keept away by tools and Internet "trackers" + bans shared between admins. I said many times to many people to check stuff before saying: My Server. Stuff unchecked = Garbage server, and this is what people run into MH for years. I was trapped by such stuff until I realized that I need to clean all mess out and things are going to turn into an insane stability. You'll be surprised to see how stable can be MH if is loaded only with good stuff, not that "good stuff here
" by Kaal. I mean really good stuff.
What sometimes I missed too:
- Levels with multiple LevelInfo (that's not shown in Editor by default);
- Pathing Screwed - server might crash randomly from a monster or using Bot you'll figure that in first 3 seconds - will avoid future headaches;
- Values uterly screwed at actors: Numerical float format loaded with letters and others and such things;
- Textures with alien material - read again;
- Some stuff set as bStatic, bNoDelete, bGameRelevant which should not be like that - from now on is fixable;
- Values from LevelInfo screwed for no reason;
- Unizoned Levels - lagging - nobody could read Zones chapter;
- Overidding maximum view polys allowed for good functionality;
- Multiple bruses in the same location for the same purpose (water surface or whatever multiple crappy portal);
- Non mapping actors added in Level: WayBeacon, CTFLevelInfo, SpawnNotify, and the rest which are not mapping stuff just dumbness;
- Movers toggling once but returned being double triggered in short time (damage blast), breaking;
- Order given to creature involving an unexistent state or a bad config eg: Queen - order Sitting. Stock Queen won't sit ever anywhere is just a dumb noob imagination who never read anything from scripts;
- Actors with meshes screwed spaming trash: Almighty IntroDude as a general amnesia - forgetting to check that stupid LOG. I'll fix that in some week-end.
We can debate also files involved (uterly trashes) - mrl.u
as example, Bpak.u (already having multiple fixes). So try to avoid adding stuff containing string "fix" because usually doesn't include anything very fixed + files with Pawns having a problem with AnimSequence "Fighter" which might even crash some Linux (btw) servers.
MH's homework is huge. Is more useful working to fixes rather than useless "adds" + objects stacking for no reason.
I think I can do a simple Actor able to attack many problems.
What can I say: Welcome in MH land!