SciFi-Online-FPS anyone ?!

Unreal1ty
Average
Personal rank: UT-Mod Lead Designer

SciFi-Online-FPS anyone ?!

Post by Unreal1ty »

Is anybody interessted to start a new SciFi Online-First-Person-Shooter, which is based on the upcoming UT99-SDK?

Would like to start a mod, which takes place in a near dark future. Some kind of an endtime-scenario on earth. I can imaging huge multiplayer-battles in the desert, in a destructed world with modern, but realistic weapons not like UT. The world is reigned by some really big companies, which built up their own armys and they are going to fight against everything, that wants to stop their commercial crusade.

1st Media Update - 07/08/2008

Here is a small trailer i made some time ago. Nothing special, but i just put it up on youtube today. Maybe you are interessted.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by Unreal1ty on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: SciFi-Online-FPS anyone ?!

Post by Creavion »

Just a small tip: To have ideas is not the right way to start a mod and ask the community for joining them. Screenshots of maps (at least as beta) are basic requirements or maybe - in your case now - modelled and skinned new weapons or something like that (if you have such skills and programms). Anyway you should show something to awaken the public opinion of your ideas.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

yeah, thats right. but i cant show some screens without team-members, models or maps right now. the only thing i could do is to show my concept arts. I wanted to start a new mod without any premade stuff and just hear, if anybody is interessted in the concept idea. (eigentlich können wir auch deutsch schreiben xD)
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Unreal1ty wrote:yeah, thats right. but i cant show some screens without team-members, models or maps right now. the only thing i could do is to show my concept arts. I wanted to start a new mod without any premade stuff and just hear, if anybody is interessted in the concept idea. (eigentlich können wir auch deutsch schreiben xD)
@German:
We shouldn`t, because this is an international forum and everybody should be able to understand, what we discuss here. (even if the english skills - like my ones - not so good) :tongue:

Well, ok, concept arts are not that stuff what would awake my interest a lot like ingame-shots, but its better than nothing. Overall a story introduction can be useful.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

i will be working on...

So i have little time until the SDK will be released, right? xD
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Personally I was very interested in creating a Mod with Unreal1ty a couple of weeks ago, but as time passed by I decided to only finish the SDK and having a ghost-like Unreal-Community appearence. We both were very strife-torn between creating that good idea of a progressive, dystopic Tactical-Shooter and the good idea of a progressive, dystopic Sci-Fi/RPG Shooter (Strictly based on Babylon 5, with the possible permission of Straczynski, with the help of the SDK of course). Both good ideas, but we lack developers, time, and especially for me: intention and will.
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

thats right xD so you see, im still searching for members. but im mapping and drawing concepts to start my new project as soon as possible. hope you doing well with the sdk. and when you are going to be interessted in creating a mod, just tell me ^^.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Unreal1ty how about your member searching progress? Did you find anyone?
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Unreal1ty wrote:Is anybody interessted to start a new SciFi Online-First-Person-Shooter, which is based on the upcoming UT99-SDK?

Would like to start a mod, which takes place in a near dark future. Some kind of an endtime-scenario on earth. I can imaging huge multiplayer-battles in the desert, in a destructed world with modern, but realistic weapons not like UT. The world is reigned by some really big companies, which built up their own armys and they are going to fight against everything, that wants to stop their commercial crusade.
A world like that will need a lot of vehicles. It also sounds a lil bit like C&C: Tiberian Sun.
I could help whit a map if the project is still alive...
[offtopic]??? never found this topic before ???[/offtopic]
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Myth wrote:A world like that will need a lot of vehicles. It also sounds a lil bit like C&C: Tiberian Sun.
I could help whit a map if the project is still alive...
Hmmm maybe a bigger story line is also very handy? with a bit more detail then "end time of the world" cause you can imagine any end time for earth, Resources running empty at planet earth. We are killing each other for resources
OR
We destroying planet earth by Waste stuff, think of tsjernobyl... (or the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
OR!!
The end time of earth is...The worlds get involved in a massive LAN party! We forget to eat and drink during that party... were dying all 1 by 1 every second! MUAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA :twisted: :wtf:

Oeh :D tiberian sun! Good old happy memories :D
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

Yep, im still searching for members. Hm thinking about the story, i can imagine the mod takes place after a global war (maybe WWIII) and nearly every big city and all the human-constructed structures are destroyed. So we are in a post-apocalyptic or post-industrial world. There are many rebels, which come together to fight against the huge companies to get their rights, their lands and especially their lifes back. They just want to build up a new life without torment and war, but the companies still trying to conquer more and more lands, making more money, killing people and so on. That means, there are a lot of paramilitary groups, which get together to stop the comercial crusade of the cruel global-players, which rule the world in these days.

The whole enviroment is pretty dirty and dusty, you can see the ancient ruins of the modern world, that are now without a function, because a new time has come, without any laws, without any parliament and without grace for anybody.
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Ahhh :D no skaarj/alien mod thingie :) Sounds really good IMO. But about mapping. Just everything in "old ruin city style" or also some desert or other themes? I can map :P but i think i got to many projects on my back :(
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

Im thinking about a desert map (the world after the nuclear war), a totally destroyed city (maybe inspired by a well known game from epic :lol: ) and a oilfield map would be great. but there shouldnt be too many maps. I want to concentrate on just 2 or 3 maps at first and try to make them pretty detailed and good looking. Quality not quantity.

But the most important aspect for me is that the UT99-SDK has to be released, because i want to make use of the new features. :what:
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Hmmm gears of war idea ruin citiy?

Anyways, do you want to create the mod on your own? or with more others? like mappers/scripters and stuff?
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

I would like to have as much members as i can get, but ive heard, that shadow will stop developing the SDK...sad but true. So i dont know, if im going work with ut99 again.