INIsDragons

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: INIsDragons

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, I got a few things:
- How far do the dragons' projectiles go? I mean do they have a limited range or are the like Ferali's setup to NW3 where they'll go on forever?
- You test map has a little stage with a staircase. Have you tried hopping on the back of a dragon? It's sometimes fun to jump on a titan's shoulders.
- When the ice dragon came out it only fought some of the skaarj, the ones closer to it didn't react to it. Why?
- Have you tried getting a headshot on the dragons?

Personally I think you should "summon unreali.skaarjplayerbot" into the map, leave a weapon & ammo out, let a dragon loose, and then go ghost into a wall to watch how it goes.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

EvilGrins wrote: - How far do the dragons' projectiles go? I mean do they have a limited range or are the like Ferali's setup to NW3 where they'll go on forever?
The projectiles have configurable speed but after 5 seconds they change from PHYS_Projectile to PHYS_Falling. This means they will travel out in a straight line and then start falling down in 5. I did this to try to keep them from messing up skyboxes, etc.
EvilGrins wrote:- You test map has a little stage with a staircase. Have you tried hopping on the back of a dragon? It's sometimes fun to jump on a titan's shoulders.
I use the stairs to test collision at different heights and stuff like that. Variations of this test map I've used for a very long time. You can see this same map in the Food Fight vids too. The dragons could be rideable with some code changes. It might be something someone wants to take on?
EvilGrins wrote:- When the ice dragon came out it only fought some of the skaarj, the ones closer to it didn't react to it. Why?
The scripted pawn code is weird. Some monsters won't attack unless they are bumped or shot. The dragons will be configurable to be semi aggressive or full-on killers.
EvilGrins wrote:- Have you tried getting a headshot on the dragons?
They have the headshot specifically removed. It moves around too much to be accurate.
EvilGrins wrote:Personally I think you should "summon unreali.skaarjplayerbot" into the map, leave a weapon & ammo out, let a dragon loose, and then go ghost into a wall to watch how it goes.
The Fire Dragon lays absolute waste. I haven't seen that much carnage since using the Dead City zombies with the TWT ones. Total bloodbath. The other dragons are less deadly because of the nature of the projectile attack (with the exception of the Ion Dragon).

Hope that answers enough :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:- You test map has a little stage with a staircase. Have you tried hopping on the back of a dragon? It's sometimes fun to jump on a titan's shoulders.
I use the stairs to test collision at different heights and stuff like that. Variations of this test map I've used for a very long time. You can see this same map in the Food Fight vids too. The dragons could be rideable with some code changes. It might be something someone wants to take on?
I was more thinking with how powerful the things are, the safest place to be where you can fight one is on it's back, shooting it in the back of the head...

...unless you gave it the ability to buck players off like a horse.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

EvilGrins wrote:the safest place to be where you can fight one is on it's back, shooting it in the back of the head
You'll never get that close if these are used as intended. They are supposed to be boss monsters, very tough to fight.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Bit of a bump but it's been over a week ;)

I have finished the beta version as well as the demo map. I'll be handing them out to people for testing shortly. I'm waiting on an author to approve some of his work I used. I'm positive he will be happy but I promised him first look at it and approval before I handed it to anyone else.

I'm pretty excited about these dragons. It's some of my best work.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: I'm pretty excited about these dragons. It's some of my best work.
After Food Fight of course. :mrgreen:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Touche' my good friend. Touche'.