FrickinSharks with Lasers for U1

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

FrickinSharks with Lasers for U1

Post by MrLoathsome »

For my first post in this new section I will submit a U1/227 compatible version of the FrickinShark.*

The only difference between this and the FrickinShark_RC4 for UT is that the laser's scorchmark decals have been removed.
See the readme.txt file and included source code for more info on that.

*This was made using both U1 and UT resources. It was compiled with v436 UT.
Not sure if it is an Import or an Export. You tell me. :rock:
I commented out the EditPackages that are UT specific or not required for this. (BotPack etc...)
Does not reference any UT specific stuff that I know of in Core or Engine.

Tested briefly with a copy of UnrealGold patched with a stale version of 227g. No problems.

If for some reason this fails to function with any version of U1/UT, or if just compiling it this way is a problem let me know.
(I could recompile it with a bone stock UnrealGold install if needed. I think.... :omfg: )

Any feedback would be great, as I am planning on some more ScriptedPawns that will hopefully work with
both U1 and UT being completed at some point.
Those will all only have 1 version that is compatible with everything. (Probably...)

These sharks just needed 2 versions, because the UT scorchmarks were just working so good.

See attached:
Attachments
FShark_RC4U1.zip
FrickinSharks for U1
(391.22 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: FrickinSharks with Lasers for U1

Post by JackGriffin »

It it OK if I make a testmap with these and run it on my coop server?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: FrickinSharks with Lasers for U1

Post by MrLoathsome »

It is indeed ok.

Let me know how it works out.

*Edit: A few notes.

As somebody pointed out when I first started messing with this project, these are merely Fly's in DevilFish costumes. :pfff:
Keep this in mind when using them.

I have tweaked these so that they will indeed fly/swim in and out of water, unlike the default Fly.
But don't bother screwing around with trying to make them stay in the water, as they will not cooperate at all.
It could probably be made to happen, but would be horrible and inefficient, and not the right solution.
I made a few attempts at that earlier, and while I could make them struggle a whole lot to get out, they would
eventually escape the waterzone and fly around. (It was cool to watch. The default SP AI code was fighting my changes.)

That being said, put a lake in your testmap anyway. 8) :rock:

About an hour ago, I finished grafting in the cool ranged attack stuff onto an actual DevilFish. (IsA("DevilFish") == True)
It is working very well I think. They will ignore players until they enter the water, as a fish should, but then
attack with both the melee and ranged attacks. They are a bit more active than the default DevilFish, and will
continue ranged attacks after you jump out of the waterzone. (Usually...)
Some times they will flop up onto the bank after you. If they are lucky, they will flop back into the water.
They will not attack out of the water.

Just have the UT only version of it with the scorchmarks done ATM.
Waiting to hear your initial test results as far as if the FSharks_RC4U1 pawns work as they should with your U1 setup and Map and server etc
before I kick out a U1 version of it. Pretty sure it will, but would like confirmation before I compile more stuff with my somewhat non-standard
development setup.
blarg