Beta testers wanted for new Renderers.

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Radi
Adept

Re: Beta testers wanted for new Renderers.

Post by Radi »

Hi I have a question regarding that new openGL renderer. It possible to plug openGL renderer into UED ? (every window have a render selection, but in 2.0 its only a Software and Direct3D). Im want to use a OpenGL in editor, I know method that for all viewport in .ini I can change to openGL. but this way 2D viewports are messed up, and reseting viewports cause all of them switch to Software mode again -.-.. so to use openGL again is to close editor, change ini, and open editor again.. Why for these many years nobody make an open GL selector for viewports like in UED2.1 ? this is so hard to make or people are pussy and fears some copyright terms..?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Updated the original post :mrgreen:

Sorry I didn't see the last post.

Change to this in the main ini
[Engine.Engine]
WindowedRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

It doesn't work for old opengl render on modern hardware and drivers. We see screen tearing and lags.The multicore processor (corei5 4430) is loaded on 50%, as if we were playing a game with modern graphics. I hope, that Smirftsch can solve this serious isssue! I used simple ways to fix issue , but nothing helped.

We really need a good opengl render!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Dude, on my on-board Intel whatever I could see serious lags and bad frame-rate in using OpenGL. I was changing setting at video-card and then it started to work perfectly. See if changing video setup won't help. For me was a section "TextureColorDepth" which I changed to "Desktop Color Dept" in video card's settings menu. Previously was on "32 bits per Texel" but looks like it was very bad with OpenGL from UT. You should try to do some fine tuning.
Mention:
I have updated drivers with "Driver Booster 3" able to collect and install news and then I did a backup of driver files in order to have them up-to-date.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

sektor2111 wrote:Dude, on my on-board Intel whatever I could see serious lags and bad frame-rate in using OpenGL. I was changing setting at video-card and then it started to work perfectly. See if changing video setup won't help. For me was a section "TextureColorDepth" which I changed to "Desktop Color Dept" in video card's settings menu. Previously was on "32 bits per Texel" but looks like it was very bad with OpenGL from UT. You should try to do some fine tuning.
Please give me the exact path to these settings. i have Nvidia GTX660
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I did not see my old Nvidia for a long time but as I know so far that card has some settings accessible in context menu (desktop right click) or it should have an Icon is System tray leading to a lot of settings. In my old NVidia I had even custom setup for games (including UT, Quake3, ect.). Now that PC is resting under table. I cannot say an exact setup values as long as I'm not a hardware/software expert but worth a try to look around those settings. Being executed by some skilled manufacturer I'm doubt to not support different gaming settings. I'm unable to recall much game-crash video related on that machine, it was only a bit too lazy for new WEB things. However D3d9 worked awesome as well, and looks like it was faster than OpenGL.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Gadavre wrote:It doesn't work for old opengl render on modern hardware and drivers. We see screen tearing and lags.The multicore processor (corei5 4430) is loaded on 50%, as if we were playing a game with modern graphics. I hope, that Smirftsch can solve this serious isssue! I used simple ways to fix issue , but nothing helped.

What is "it" ?
The previous UEd question ?
the renderers in the original post ?
or just UT in general ?
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Updated first post with an important announcement :rock:
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

And look who saves the day once again...

All hail Smirftsch, our commander in chierftsch!
You must construct additional pylons.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Dr.Flay wrote:
Gadavre wrote:It doesn't work for old opengl render on modern hardware and drivers. We see screen tearing and lags.The multicore processor (corei5 4430) is loaded on 50%, as if we were playing a game with modern graphics. I hope, that Smirftsch can solve this serious isssue! I used simple ways to fix issue , but nothing helped.

What is "it" ?
The previous UEd question ?
the renderers in the original post ?
or just UT in general ?
I wrote in detail about this issue. Render and game original.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

sektor2111 wrote:However D3d9 worked awesome as well, and looks like it was faster than OpenGL.
Be not under a delusion!manufacturers can release videocards without directX9 support. And a new graphics card just will not work with the game.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm going to check it.

Edit: Do you like how do it sounds, Doc ?