Porting NW3 to ZDoom

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Porting NW3 to ZDoom

Post by Red_Fist »

I don't see how that could work if you can't get exact positioning, like every 45 or 90 degrees.
Binary Space Partitioning
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Red_Fist wrote:I don't see how that could work if you can't get exact positioning, like every 45 or 90 degrees.
I didn't understand. sorry.

However, the MultiMissile Launcher is already finished! Except the alt firing modes, that is.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Do you have put the MultiMissile in UT with the center hand config?
In a test cube to have a better cut?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:I don't see how that could work if you can't get exact positioning, like every 45 or 90 degrees.
I didn't understand. sorry.

However, the MultiMissile Launcher is already finished! Except the alt firing modes, that is.
He meant for the player character holding it in third person view. Not first person where you hold the weapon.
Third person ...like you want to see which weapon your opponent is holding.

Btw. is this a first person 3D model in Doom? Or is it a cut out screen caption?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

A cut out screenshot ripped from Mesh Browser and with background withered in Paint.NET.

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm already working in the WRE! The only problem is that to take a shot of the WRE grenade in Mesh Browser I will need to get rid of it's camera texture, but it seems impossible!

Who could take some few ingame screenshots for me? (In a black cube with lightning would be very good, as I can just remove the black background while the grenade shows!)
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Bump, and I found a hidden feature of the Mesh Browser: Ctrl-C actually copies a image of the mesh with the actual background transparent! I'll remake the WRE, MultiMissile Launcher and WRE grenade sprites! Without terribly chopped edges!!! Yay!!! :D

EDIT: Oh wait, it's still useful, but the correction is that the Windows Capture Tool seems to read correctly the transparent pixels of the mesh in view in the Mesh Browser, and when it copies to the clipboard, but only Paint.NET succeeds in keeping a transparent background, whilst MS Paint, that lacks the alpha support for some idiotic reason, displays black. :P

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote:but only Paint.NET succeeds in keeping a transparent background, whilst MS Paint, that lacks the alpha support for some idiotic reason, displays black. :P
Because MS Paint is an archaic Bitmap based painting device.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

papercoffee wrote:
Gustavo6046 wrote:but only Paint.NET succeeds in keeping a transparent background, whilst MS Paint, that lacks the alpha support for some idiotic reason, displays black. :P
Because MS Paint is an archaic Bitmap based painting device.
Back in 1992, Deluxe Paint 2 supported Alpha! If not then why aren't Doom sprites with black background??

Weapon of Destruction
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

There wasn't alpha.

It just deletes the completely black color, i think, some games have that.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

FXANBSS wrote:some games have that.
Oh yes you just remembered me of Re-Volt (1999). It is the only car racing game I like (beyond NFSU2), and it's textures always are transparent in RGB(0,0,0) colors; but let's try not to deviate much from thou topic.

Anyways, a lot of the meshes have an eye in place of glow, or e.g. the Bolt mesh is completely red. I can't make sprites from the Bolt of the Bolt Rifle if it's just... red! It must be blue! But why this?

Weapon of Destruction
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Lol, i know that from Re-Volt.

EDIT: About the Bolt Laser: First, double left-click in the mesh, you will get a configuration window, then go to display, and go to multiskins, try to find the blue textures, and finally put them there, and then CTRL + C.

If you want to make the Super Bolt Rifle, try to find the red colors.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Thanks for the advice....

I just finished the Bolt Rifle, the Vulcan and the WRE! (the WRE was actually some days ago)

Who wanna screenshots?

What should I replace the Double-barrel Shotgun for?

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I ask a important question, nobody answers. I have hope, but it'll end quickly without response...

This is NOT a double post! It was more than 24 hours after the other post.

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

You don't have to remind us that you kept the 24hour limit ...we have eyes and can read the time ;)

For the screenshots ...the Vulcan is too long. It looks more like a rod than a weapon which fire bullets.
The pick-up of the Bolt Rifle ammo is too huge... it's bigger than the actual weapon.
The DB-shotgun? the Flame Tracker could fit.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I was thinking of replacing it by a Freezer, but yeah, a Flame Tracker might be funner :P
(and I was calling it "Flamethrower")

So, I will downscale the Bolt Rifle ammo and upscale the Vulcan horizontally. Maybe this helps. :) It will look good!

PS: I need FlameTracker Glob sprites.

Weapon of Destruction