Damn website names

Discussions about everything else
ANUBITEK
Adept

Damn website names

Post by ANUBITEK »

Clicked on a link I saw on Google before realizing it wasn't beyondunreal, got this instead:
http://www.unrealwiki.com/
Looks like it might be a Japanese conference. . . Thing. Careful, NoScript stopped some things and it was asking to run Flash. Just thought this was an odd site to end up on.
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Damn website names

Post by Barbie »

I often use Virustotal for suspicious web sites. For your above mentioned nothing evil was found.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

Pro tip: If you go to the actual Unreal Wiki, your browser should allow you to add it right to your search providers.

Another pro tip: If you're on firefox, add the extension "Hide Unwanted Results of Google Search" and add such sites to it. It will automatically trim down the Google search results so you don't accidentally click on any result you already know you won't like.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Another kinda hint:
Mozilla Firefox has also a plugin (a pretty cute one) called Flagfox if I well recall. This one shows the flag for country and IP address of server which you are currently browsing.
Tip now: If you know web-site's address (the good one) you might save it. Later (couple of minutes) you might point fake "names" to your known IP using HOSTS file. Then if you commit a typo mistake or something similar you will be redirected to real Web-Site using HOSTS definition without to mess with "servers". Even you can create something shorter like "UWik.com" pointed properly to the right Location. However I'm wonder how you did not have Wiki in Bookmark's list.