Nexgen MH Edition?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
itsbowseryt
Novice
Personal rank: YouTuber

Nexgen MH Edition?

Post by itsbowseryt »

Hello, I found a server using a Nexgen version called "MH Edition v211".

Screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/3vqhg310t/

So I searched for it here http://goo.gl/PUkcm3 and whan can I found is just "Nexgen MH v209 , Nexgen MH v201 and other Nexgen stuff. The Nexgen MH Edition have more tools like server adds. Can someone send me this version of Nexgen if it really exists and help me to config it cause when i tried to config the Nexgen MH Edition v209 its just crashing or something. So please help :help:
the way it's meant to be played
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Nexgen MH Edition?

Post by Barbie »

Have you tried Nexgen-112 already? I'm running it at a Monsterhunt server without problems.
server adds
Just install ServerAdds (v1.04 is latest?) for this. :)

EDIT: Better do not use URL shortener - everybody wants to know where the journey ends.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
itsbowseryt
Novice

Post by itsbowseryt »

Barbie wrote:Have you tried Nexgen-112 already? I'm running it at a Monsterhunt server without problems.
server adds
Just install ServerAdds (v1.04 is latest?) for this. :)

EDIT: Better do not use URL shortener - everybody wants to know where the journey ends.
Yes i tried it but where i can find that version? Just wondering
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

itsbowseryt wrote:Yes i tried it but where i can find that version?
Hmm, have you tried that version before finding it? Maybe I misunderstood your posting... :confused2:

And after some dark years in the web some Web Search Engines were given to menkind and brought light to the users:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
itsbowseryt
Novice

Post by itsbowseryt »

Barbie wrote:
itsbowseryt wrote:Yes i tried it but where i can find that version?
Hmm, have you tried that version before finding it? Maybe I misunderstood your posting... :confused2:

And after some dark years in the web some Web Search Engines were given to menkind and brought light to the users:
I have the Nexgen 112N already installed but i need to find that MH Edition v211 to download and test it
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You ought to email Hitman. He kept all those files for years and he's probably ran it at one time or another.
Edit: NVM, I had it.
NexgenMH_211.zip
(365.94 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

What the difference with this version?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
itsbowseryt
Novice

Post by itsbowseryt »

Chamberly wrote:What the difference with this version?
I think the MH version does have server adds tab included but the rest of that its the same. And also the versions are different :loool:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I got asked how to use this, so I'll reply here and everyone can then use it. The original file had WAY more downloads than I thought it would. Grab these files:
NexgenCC.zip
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
NexgenXMH_211.zip
(178.63 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Put these lines in your unrealtournament.ini

Code: Select all

ServerActors=NexgenXMH_211.NexgenX
ServerActors=NexgenMH_211.NexgenActor
ServerPackages=NexgenXMH_211
ServerPackages=NexgenCC
ServerPackages=NexgenMH_211
Don't mess up the order of these, they have to stay this way. It's fine to break them up though and put the actors with the other actors and packages with the others.

I honestly cannot remember if this was private modding or not or of it even works. Nexgen is completely unsecure and I never used it because of that so I just don't know. Anyway, there ya go.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
itsbowseryt
Novice

Post by itsbowseryt »

JackGriffin wrote:I got asked how to use this, so I'll reply here and everyone can then use it. The original file had WAY more downloads than I thought it would. Grab these files:
NexgenCC.zip
NexgenXMH_211.zip
Put these lines in your unrealtournament.ini

Code: Select all

ServerActors=NexgenXMH_211.NexgenX
ServerActors=NexgenMH_211.NexgenActor
ServerPackages=NexgenXMH_211
ServerPackages=NexgenCC
ServerPackages=NexgenMH_211
Don't mess up the order of these, they have to stay this way. It's fine to break them up though and put the actors with the other actors and packages with the others.

I honestly cannot remember if this was private modding or not or of it even works. Nexgen is completely unsecure and I never used it because of that so I just don't know. Anyway, there ya go.
Thanks mate :tu: :gj: :agree1: :mrgreen:
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

the MH edition has been made by Destination Unreal and was a private version.
i know that because they don't have allowed MHA to use this version, is why i have create the 112MHA edtion.
the message are in cyan and some even message is on center insteat on the hud on MHA edtion
i dont know if Destination unreal st ill active but you should ask the permission to use it.

ps: sorry if my English is bad.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Couple of things:
- Nexgen for MH actually has a few missing MH things (especially for default MH);
- it doesn't do any Skaarj Fix when it should/could do;
- it doesn't have an "update monsters number" feature - default MH need this in several cases;
- more MH related stuff - but amazingly is called NexgenMH, LOL :???: ;
- MapVoteLA13 has a better valid kick system than these old Nexgen-s :ironic: ;
- the rest of crap bugging things (I was working a couple of hours to reach my goals based on what Nexgen does with Pawns when it shouldn't touch them as it does).
Aside such a "private" version and things like that were never fascinated me. If I well recall I have disassembled it, removed "private" logos - Nexgen generally has been made for SERVERS not for groups (communities). Finally I got rid of it because I really don't need such things which they do exhausting resources for "RANKS".

PS: Such a bump is pointless, people are using these versions as long as can be found in public downloads places. If they can be found without Copy-Left warnings then chapter "private" is closed for some months ago.
Example: Me, Noob admin When I'm able to find mods/tools in public downloads I really don't crawl to look for some "private" rules which are not posted anywhere + there are a lot of crap still hosted untested giving additional headaches in sorting stuff - admin should be payed for patience as long as doing a server for UT requires some work especially if the goal is QUALITY.
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

All these 'custom' versions totally fail to fullfill the actual point of Nexgen. I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of their features could have been easily implemented with a small plugin. That was the whole idea behind Nexgen - people should be able to easily extend the basic core how they like, without forcing every client to redownload the complete package. But I believe people are more attracted by some fancy custom version name / tag (which could have also been implemented with a tiny, tiny plugin) than by the normal, boring core version :P
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Letylove49
Adept

Post by Letylove49 »

Sp0ngeb0b wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:23 am All these 'custom' versions totally fail to fullfill the actual point of Nexgen. I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of their features could have been easily implemented with a small plugin. That was the whole idea behind Nexgen - people should be able to easily extend the basic core how they like, without forcing every client to redownload the complete package. But I believe people are more attracted by some fancy custom version name / tag (which could have also been implemented with a tiny, tiny plugin) than by the normal, boring core version :P
Yes but you must takte in account that if you use Iptocountry that will limited the numbers of serverpackages if you are on linux server and any plugin require 1 serveractor and 1 serverpackage.

Pehahs we should creat 1 plugin with all the custum settngs what we want and not 1 plugin for each things.

Letylove49 aka Alicia
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Letylove49 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:41 pm Yes but you must take in account that...
...the last post was nearly 5 years ago.

You could have waited till Mar 24, 2021 then it would be funny and you could say "oupsy, I didn't see the year".