How does Nexgen handles playerslots? - SOLVED

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

How does Nexgen handles playerslots? - SOLVED

Post by Aldebaran »

In Nexgen - in my case it is version 112N - I can enter quantity of available player-slots, spectator-slots, vip-slots and admin-slots.
When I configure it for example to 20 player-slots + 2 spectator-slots + 1 vip-slots + 1 admin-slot, the server shows max 20 slots available in ut serverlist. When the server is full of players can the admin and vip join then the game? Will the number of slots be increased then? And what is with spectators? On some servers I saw that spectators are not shown in the ut serverlist although they are in game.

In other words: I don't understand how Nexgen handle playerslots :omfg:
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aZ.Boy
Novice

Re: How does Nexgen handles playerslots?

Post by aZ.Boy »

Let's say you want to host a 10 slots server with one vip slot and one admin slot you do it like that: max players 8, 1 vip slot, 1 admin slot. total player count would be 10 but total players with normal access would be 8 and 1 slot for vip access and 1 slot for admin access.

Please note that spectator slots doesn't increase or decrease the max player count which the server show, hopefully you get what i mean as I'm writing this while I'm sleepy. :sleep:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Yeah, I understand. Thank you.

I see another Nexgen option just now, called "Variable Slots". What happens when I activate it?
aZ.Boy
Novice

Post by aZ.Boy »

I'm not sure what it's for tbh, but in my experience when it was enabled it made my server stick with the unrealtournament.ini max player settings instead of nexgen max player settings it could have another use I'm not aware of but that's all i noticed so far maybe someone here can explain it better :noidea
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Right, iirc the Variable Slots option will completely disable Nexgen taking care of player slots (and therefore VIP and admin slots), and will stick to the MaxPlayer entry of your UnrealTournament.ini. This might be useful if you are running a server with several gametypes or different sized maps, and you adjust the max player count depending on the current map/gametype (via Mapvote for example).
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Yes, I have tested it on my own. It seems to be right what you both said. So in my case it is better to turn this option off...