Movement Locator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Movement Locator

Post by EvilGrins »

Those that see it in screenshots ask about it periodically... but even though nobody's asked to get a copy, I find experience is the best teacher.

Random screenshot:
I got it off a Russian UT site and it came with no directions or even a readme file, so this is guesswork based on usage:
· It reacts to movement. If there's a monster or player in range it won't notice them unless they move.
· Range seems to be roughly within visual firing distance.
· Those it picks up are displayed as dots: red, white, or yellow. Yellow seems to be an active threat indicator.
· Players on your own team are shown as a dot with a number next to it. Numbers based on when they 1st spawned into the game.

That's about it. Can be confusing if it picks someone up on a multi-level map that you can't immediately see where they are, like on the floor directly above you.

Also can be tricky when it detects flying monsters.
Attachments
MovementLocator2.zip
(58.3 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Movement Locator

Post by Barbie »

The author's mail address indicates Norway origin.

This package is well documented in the source code:

Code: Select all

mutate MLHelp

Server-side mutate commands:
MLTeamOnly - Limits the ML scope to display teammates only. (Admin)
MLToggleIFF - Identify teammates/enemies on the ML scope.
MLDistanceFactor <FLOAT> - How quickly the ML scope's detection capabilities deteriorate over distances. (Admin)
MLMinVel <INT> - Minimum velocity at 0 range for detection of opponents. (Admin)
MLRegisterFire - Register firing of weapons as movement. (Admin)
MLRegisterAltFire - Register altfiring of weapons as movement. (Admin)
MLFireDistance <INT> - Radius of which firing of weapons will register on the scope. (Suffix with "m" to use meters rather than UUs.)
MLInfo - Print current server configuration.

Client-side exec commands:
ML_RangeUp - Increase ML scope range.
ML_RangeDown - Decrease ML scope range.
ML_Toggle - Toggle the ML scope display on or off.
ML_Command <STRING> - Send a command & parameters to the client-side HUD mutator. ("ML_Command HELP" for details.)

MLHUD commands:
MLToggle - Enable/disable scope.
MLCompassMode - Cycle compass display. Off/Cardinals/Cardinals+ordinals
MLReset - Try to reset controller and HUD references.
MLInfo - Print current client-side configuration.
MLSound - Toggle sound on and off.
MLFriendlyColor - Cycle friendly color mode. HUD/Team/Custom
MLEnemyColor - Cycle enemy color mode. Team/Custom
MLSetFriendlyColor <STRING> - Set custom friendly color. ("HELP" for details)
MLSetEnemyColor <STRING> - Set custom enemy color. ("HELP" for details)
MLSetScopeColor <STRING> - Set custom scope color.
MLTeamIDs - Toggle friendly Team IDs. Off/Number/Letter/Name
MLIDOffset <INT> - Set Team IDs offset.
MLScale <FLOAT> - Set the draw scale of the scope between 1.0 and 4.0
MLScale++ - Increase draw scale by 0.1
MLScale-- - Decrease draw scale by 0.1
MLSetPosX/Y <INT> - Set the scope's screen position.
MLSetPosX/Y/++/-- - Nudge the scope 1 pixel.
Maybe its helps. :wink:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Guess I should peek at source code more often.... :tu:

Another advantage this thing has is if you're "flying" a redeemer around the map, the radar only monitors your position. Handy way to make sure nobody is sneaking up on your body while your eyes are where the redeemer is going.
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

Neat-o burrito.
Thank you, I was planning on making a new HUD and a radar seems like a nice addition.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

UTX wrote:Thank you, I was planning on making a new HUD and a radar seems like a nice addition.
Well... if the radar's cool and you like HUD stuff, why not a compass?

I got no idea what in UT specifies which way North is, but both the compass and the radar seem to agree on the direction.
Attachments
UTCompass.zip
(53.83 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

North is basically the negative Y IIRC. UT doesn't keeps track of directions, but I'll use the radar and compass as well as a mini-map when doing my (GTA-style?) freeroam map. (like DM-Airport, but you really roam, talk to the Nalis in the village, drive vehicles, clear the Skaarjs that raid the village sometimes, etc.) But let's not deviate too much from the topic.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

I want to create a new HUD in a mutator so it is optional, to give a fresh feel to the game. I think both the Combat Arms HUD or the Planetside 2 HUD would fit well, but both have a radar which I had no idea how I would replicate. This helps a lot.
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

I came here from another topic on the link. I have exactly same MovementLocator2.u file but with readme and help picture and int for preferences.
Attachments
MovementLocator2.zip
(92.82 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Apparently the guy (Olethros) that made the locator also made this:
https://unrealarchive.org/mutators/unre ... cd238.html

That sounds handy, though I haven't tried it yet.
psychoizzy
Novice
Personal rank: The Maker

Post by psychoizzy »

this movement locator is broken so I need a working radar as I have tried radar mutator, shows enemies as green & the monsters on radar are so big all i see is massive green squares, I tried pheonix radar basically the same & has a sound that makes noise for a long time & can't turn off the sound every setting on the radars & movement locator has no effect on radar like it is locked for changing colour or sound, so I am looking for a non broken radar as no one can tell me what program to use to create my own radar & i have searching ever site on creating, making, designing, custom radars & nothing not 1 program i can find so i likie help with this.

Automatically merged

UT compass does not work, i try use with 0 mutator just UT compass & i get nothing on screen, I have read & done step by step on how to make every mutator work some work but are way to big it takes up whole radar which i can't see anything in set for big squares or noises so loud where enemies get close i can't even heard explosions in game, does anyone know how to create a good working radar or do i have to create one & show everyone what a radar is meant to be & how it is meant to work?
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

psychoizzy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:19 am this movement locator is broken so I need a working radar as I have tried radar mutator, shows enemies as green & the monsters on radar are so big all i see is massive green squares, I tried pheonix radar basically the same & has a sound that makes noise for a long time & can't turn off the sound every setting on the radars & movement locator has no effect on radar like it is locked for changing colour or sound, so I am looking for a non broken radar as no one can tell me what program to use to create my own radar & i have searching ever site on creating, making, designing, custom radars & nothing not 1 program i can find so i likie help with this.

Automatically merged

UT compass does not work, i try use with 0 mutator just UT compass & i get nothing on screen, I have read & done step by step on how to make every mutator work some work but are way to big it takes up whole radar which i can't see anything in set for big squares or noises so loud where enemies get close i can't even heard explosions in game, does anyone know how to create a good working radar or do i have to create one & show everyone what a radar is meant to be & how it is meant to work?
Don't you think you would get more sympathy and understanding if you formatted your big walls of text proper, and made them easier to read?
Try being nice and polite, people here are genuinely trying to help each other rather than communicating with a gun pointed to their heads..
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

psychoizzy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:19 amthis movement locator is broken
How is it broken?
psychoizzy
Novice
Personal rank: The Maker

Post by psychoizzy »

it is broken because the beeping sound does not turn off & when it beeps & you kill player it continues tom beep lower & lower for some time before you can't hear it & it is that loud music goes quiet & i can't hear anyone coming,no way to shut it up

Automatically merged

I have a unique disorder where i find it hard to understand what I read & mind mind processes different to almost every person i ever met so i just try to explain as simple as I can in fine detail but it is hard to explain so you can understand
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

That's annoying, but it's not broken.

I usually "turn it off" by cycling through player views with F5.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The beeping sound can be turned off by typing

Code: Select all

ML_Command MLSound
in the console. This command will take effect the NEXT time you start UT (that's what I did - it doesn't take effect immediately the command is typed in the console. I don't know if it takes effect if one starts another game after typing it in - I didn't try that but anyone interested can experiment with that).

Alternatively go to Advanced Options -> Mutators where you will see MovementLocator2 - you can alter any of the options there. Have a look at the readme first to get an idea of what the options are/do.

Lastly, the first run of this mutator creates an .ini file (MovementLocator2.ini) in your System folder - a number of the options can be altered manually in this .ini (including turning the sound on or off).