CTF-NBK-pillars-Dxnobsp1

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

CTF-NBK-pillars-Dxnobsp1

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

This is a small but not really CTF map made for low gravity, enhanced shock rifle and Xloc. The IG rifle is included in the map it's the only weapon. Also the map has low gravity built in -350. But mutator low gravity seems to be the best way to go. This is a beta version 1
Download here: Copy and paste into your web browser
dxfxhouse.com/maps/CTF-NBK-pillars-Dxnobsp1.zip

Attachments
CTF-NBK-pillars-Dxnobsp1.zip
Map file
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Re: CTF-NBK-pillars-Dxnobsp1

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

For some reason when you play on a server and you enter the portals you come out facing the wrong way. All of the portals worked when testing in a practice game. I'm not sure why there not working on the server?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:For some reason when you play on a server and you enter the portals you come out facing the wrong way. All of the portals worked when testing in a practice game. I'm not sure why there not working on the server?
Were you testing this with newnet?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

I'm not sure what newnet is, no. I was testing it in game by starting a practice game.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:I'm not sure what newnet is, no. I was testing it in game by starting a practice game.
Well, newnet is a mutator for online servers. What I was asking, if this mutator was used on the online server that have the mutator newnet running. More info about newnet is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5640
https://github.com/timbur/NewNet-for-UT99

Now however, if it wasn't tested with newnet, did you have any other mutator on the server online? UTPure? Or just plain vanilla? Perhaps, there might be a settings for your teleporter to let player came out in the direction it came in as or so, I can't recall but I'll have to try it out.

P.S. I thought you knew about newnet, hence I wasn't paying attention as there is a [NBK] (American?) instead of -]NBK[- (Euro?) tag lol.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

How's the bot-pathing?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

My two cents worth......

Change the portals to face other way round in the editor and then test online if that makes sense?

I had this problem on Face YEARS ago......think it turned out to be my video renderer.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Chamberly wrote:
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:I'm not sure what newnet is, no. I was testing it in game by starting a practice game.
Well, newnet is a mutator for online servers. What I was asking, if this mutator was used on the online server that have the mutator newnet running. More info about newnet is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5640
https://github.com/timbur/NewNet-for-UT99

Now however, if it wasn't tested with newnet, did you have any other mutator on the server online? UTPure? Or just plain vanilla? Perhaps, there might be a settings for your teleporter to let player came out in the direction it came in as or so, I can't recall but I'll have to try it out.

P.S. I thought you knew about newnet, hence I wasn't paying attention as there is a [NBK] (American?) instead of -]NBK[- (Euro?) tag lol.
Ahhh I will check the other mutators to see if they affect the portals. And yes [NBK] is a USA Clan it's been around since 2000. Some of us members were in the BDC clan Black Day's of Chaos and left to start NBK.

******** POST MERGED *********
EvilGrins wrote:How's the bot-pathing?
The Bot pathing is pretty basic since the map is basic. The bots go after the flag, return the flag and use the portals.

******** POST MERGED *********
Pileyrei wrote:My two cents worth......

Change the portals to face other way round in the editor and then test online if that makes sense?

I had this problem on Face YEARS ago......think it turned out to be my video renderer.
Initially, the portal arrow was facing the direction I wanted to leave the portal. And when I ran it on the server it would exit the opposite direction towards the wall. So I rotated the arrows towards the wall and that doesn't seem to work either. So I have some trouble shooting to do.

NO DOUBLE OR TRIPLE POSTS PLEASE.
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Can you please stop double posting? It's irritating as hell. I click always the "to the last post" button and missed nearly your other answers.
You can edit your post or if you want to quote more than one person hit the post reply button and scroll down on the writing screen ...there is the list of the previous posts with an implemented quote button.

From your screenshot looks the map pretty interesting ...but also very straight forward. Can you see from one base the other one?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:
Pileyrei wrote:My two cents worth......

Initially, the portal arrow was facing the direction I wanted to leave the portal. And when I ran it on the server it would exit the opposite direction towards the wall. So I rotated the arrows towards the wall and that doesn't seem to work either. So I have some trouble shooting to do.
Okay how about building the brush around in a different direction? I had somewhat a similar error for trying to "get a build through wall" as it didn't go well until I rebuilt the whole wall... (For siege lol) So it might works for the teleporter. I hope... *Crosses fingers and toes!*

Good to know about the clan history too. Especially for UT ;)
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:I'm not sure why [bChangesYaw] not working on the server?
With "Portals" you mean Teleporters? Here the wiki says: For this to work in network games, set Advanced -> bNoDelete to True.
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Barbie wrote:
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:I'm not sure why [bChangesYaw] not working on the server?
With "Portals" you mean Teleporters? Here the wiki says: For this to work in network games, set Advanced -> bNoDelete to True.
Thanks for this information I will try this tonight. I have never had to mess with this setting ever in all of the maps I've done in the past. O well, I've been away for a long time. :oops:

******* MERGED POSTS *******

Hello Barbie,
That absolutely worked out and now the teleportals are working correctly. Again I have never messed with that setting ever. So new version2 is attached.

No double-posts within 24 hours.
Please read the forum rules.
(Dr.Flay).
Attachments
CTF-NBK-pillars-Dxnobsp2.zip
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Please click on the link in my sig and read the site rules.
We allow you the luxury of being able to edit your old posts, so please make use of it.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Well I screwed that up didn't I....Sorry.