Help With Player Portrait

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Help With Player Portrait

Post by EvilGrins »

Swank wrote:Sorry, timezones.
No worries, I never pay attention to those. Of those in UT forums there's like 1 of you I know that's in the same TZ as me (MEAT) so I'm used to long response times.

Okay, when you got this skin I'm assuming you never actually tried it in-game... because I tried to and just like it doesn't show up in UnrealEd, I can't select it to wear it.

So, I renamed it:
Turns out that - was the problem.

Still working on it. Gotta compare it to the main WarBoss skin to figure out specific setup for portraits. The WarBoss model allows for team colors in their portraits, that change automatically for whatever team you're on.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

EvilGrins wrote:
Swank wrote:Sorry, timezones.
Okay, when you got this skin I'm assuming you never actually tried it in-game... because I tried to and just like it doesn't show up in UnrealEd, I can't select it to wear it.

So, I renamed it:
Turns out that - was the problem.

Still working on it. Gotta compare it to the main WarBoss skin to figure out specific setup for portraits. The WarBoss model allows for team colors in their portraits, that change automatically for whatever team you're on.
Wow! Great work! You don't really need to worry about the team colours, I only usually play Last Man Standing or Deathmatches so I'm using the default colour.

By the way, the portrait that I provided originally comes from this skin:
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=S ... ceptor.zip

It's the Gold Team variant of the skin above.

If possible though could you alter the Sancix'Ri Warrior skin for me? For example could you put the Gold Team Interceptor's face on the Sancix'Ri Warrior skin and change the colour of the flashing lights to purple? You know, to match the eyes on the picture that I want to use. :lol2:

I've made a terrible example of what I mean:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm not gonna have much luck with the animated portions of the skin, not my strong suit.

As to the face on the skin... iffy:
WarBoss uses primarily a single texture for the entire model, in much the way the textures for the models in Unreal1 worked.

See that ½ face in the upper left of the texture? That's the part that works for the face on the model (srwss textures are for the portrait) and it basically mirrors the ½ to form both sides of the face. That little face you want that's closer to the start of this thread? To place it on the actual model I'd need a lot more to work with, given the skin tone on the model is on the face and various other parts.

Let's concentrate on just the portrait at this point.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote: See that ½ face in the upper left of the texture? That's the part that works for the face on the model (srwss textures are for the portrait) and it basically mirrors the ½ to form both sides of the face. That little face you want that's closer to the start of this thread? To place it on the actual model I'd need a lot more to work with, given the skin tone on the model is on the face and various other parts.
Really? Just copy the Gold Team Interceptor's face from its texture and paste it on the actual Sancix'Ri Warrior skin.
This is the easiest way of editing you can perform. If my Laptop wouldn't be out of order I could make this edit in under 2 minutes.

Oh wait, you still using Paint, right?

Do yourself a favour and get a better image editor ...even IrfanView is 100 times better than Paint.

EDIT-----------------------------------------
Or take this http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

EvilGrins wrote:I'm not gonna have much luck with the animated portions of the skin, not my strong suit.

As to the face on the skin... iffy:
WarBoss uses primarily a single texture for the entire model, in much the way the textures for the models in Unreal1 worked.

See that ½ face in the upper left of the texture? That's the part that works for the face on the model (srwss textures are for the portrait) and it basically mirrors the ½ to form both sides of the face. That little face you want that's closer to the start of this thread? To place it on the actual model I'd need a lot more to work with, given the skin tone on the model is on the face and various other parts.

Let's concentrate on just the portrait at this point.
Yeah, I know it works like that. That's why I gave you the link to the Interceptor skin so you could do it like PaperCoffee said. All I want from the Interceptor skin is the Gold Team face put on to the Sanchix'Ri Warrior texture's face. That and the Sanchix'Ri Warrior default skin portrait replaced with the Gold Team Interceptor Portrait. 8)
And with the animation recolour would it work if you just recoloured the blue parts or would it just require a new texture redone?

Ultimately I just want a purple themed Sanchix'Ri Warrior with the funny looking joker face and the portrait to match :loool:
Also white skin would be amazing too.

Example:

But once again, thank you for everything so far.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

EvilGrins wrote:I'm not gonna have much luck with the animated portions of the skin, not my strong suit.
WTF? EG, you pussy. As much as you love skins you can't edit an animated texture? Oh man, for sure lets get together and I'll show you how. You of all people should be able to do anything with a skin.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

EvilGrins wrote:srwss textures are for the portrait
That should've been srws5. I hadn't had my morning coffee yet.
JackGriffin wrote:
WTF? EG, you pussy.
Okay, you're outta my will.
JackGriffin wrote:As much as you love skins you can't edit an animated texture? Oh man, for sure lets get together and I'll show you how. You of all people should be able to do anything with a skin.
It's like bot-pathing. I sort of know how to do it but never have so I'm not gonna hold myself out as an expert on it.

Scheduling a when may be tricky with my work schedule.
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

Well I hope you can get back to me with the new texture EvilGrins. I browse this forum everyday so I won't be going anywhere.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Swank wrote:Well I hope you can get back to me with the new texture EvilGrins. I browse this forum everyday so I won't be going anywhere.
May be a couple days... as I gotta goto work, which is where I am now.
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

EvilGrins wrote:
Swank wrote:Well I hope you can get back to me with the new texture EvilGrins. I browse this forum everyday so I won't be going anywhere.
May be a couple days... as I gotta goto work, which is where I am now.
Ok, awesome! :D

All the things you need to do it with have already been posted I believe. Just tell me if you need anything..
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

Any update on this? :???:
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

UT99.org proudly presents 24h-service :lol2:

Honestly I think that some of the members here have work and/or family beside UT related stuff. Just give them a few days to respond... ;)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:UT99.org proudly presents 24h-service :lol2:
Swank wrote:Any update on this? :???:
Dude, I said a couple days. It hasn't even been one!

Though your project is why I asked about that Umod extractor in a different thread.
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

EvilGrins wrote:
Barbie wrote:UT99.org proudly presents 24h-service :lol2:
Swank wrote:Any update on this? :???:
Dude, I said a couple days. It hasn't even been one!

Though your project is why I asked about that Umod extractor in a different thread.
Ah.. Sorry :(
Swank
Average

Post by Swank »

Got any updates for me Evil? Also did you get my message? :D