Why some ingame messages appears twice?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Why some ingame messages appears twice?

Post by Aldebaran »

On my server often - but not always - messages like "U-Damage has been exhausted." or "The Jump Boots have drained." are posted twice one after another. Also the message after joining a Jailbreak game that Zeroping is used is posted twice.

Any ideas what can be the cause for this?

EDIT: During this discussion here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12361 I came to the conclusion that Nali Weapons 3 is the reason for that in the way it handles the damage mutator.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Why some ingame messages appears twice?

Post by Barbie »

The ExpireMessage is issued by function UsedUp() which is defined in Pickup. I'd look at the server's code if UsedUp is called twice in a way.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Probably the code in the 2 mutators called it once (So we might have 2 here) since they were made like that.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

Yeah, I dislike when that happens as well but have not really looked into it yet.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Barbie wrote:The ExpireMessage is issued by function UsedUp()
Chamberly wrote:Probably the code in the 2 mutators called it once
Other mutators like ZeroPing103 post their messages in some gametypes also twice.
I have now removed ALL mutators and mods from my server testwise except the bonus packs, zeroping and jailbreak mod.

Result:
Zeroping posts its messages in Jailbreak mod still twice, so there is no other mutator responsible for that.
Also I went through the server.ini (server config) and found nothing special that can produce this misbehaviour.
I don't think that i realized this on the server as it was a nearly clean install.

So something strange happens in recent years but I don't know why :shock:

Does somebody has a similar situation perhaps with other mutators and their messages?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri May 27, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

On my server [...] messages [...] are posted twice
May I ask what kind of server that is respectively how it is set up?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

It's a Linux 4.51 server. As I have written before I tested it with bonus packs + zeroping + jailbreak mod or one time with doublejumput instead zeroping.
No other special configuration exists. No XserverQuery, no XC_Core ...
Gamespeed is 1.15 but I don't think that this could trigger it.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Can you reproduce the double pickup messages? If so, I'd remove ALL mutators and then try again that map. If now the double message is a single one, I'd add the mutators one by one and test again. So you'll find the responsible mutator (assumed the reason is one of the mutators).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

See default FlashLight how ends the charge and or an empty weapon at switching attempt. I really don't want to know how many codes are twice called for no purpose: SniperRifle has no ammo, /NewLine/ SniperRifle has no ammo. Aha is a check like at Passwords: Enter New Password, Repeat New PassWord... :ironic:
Player must be convinced twice when has no ammo for desired weapon...
Exist a solution: Keep items charged and weaponry loaded with some like "Unlimited" called stuff. If you don't have such things I can write some dumb stuff against double messages by keeping you loaded constantly...