ut files on rushbase

Discussions about UT99
darksonny
Adept

ut files on rushbase

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
I tried to get into ut.rushbase.net to download several files I found in old nalicity, but its down, what happened with it? why is down? I lately see more less ut related sites nowadays
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: ut files on rushbase

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

darksonny wrote:Hi all
I tried to get into ut.rushbase.net to download several files I found in old nalicity, but its down, what happened with it? why is down? I lately see more less ut related sites nowadays
I sent raxxy (the admin of ut.rushbase.net) a message but he didn't reply me yet.

EDIT:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournam ... hbase-down
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournam ... post241825
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Yeah, I made mention of this nearly 2 weeks ago · viewtopic.php?p=87893#p87893
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

hopefuly its not down for ever.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

It is down forever afaik.
What I've heard is that he had enough of it [scratch this: or/and he violated the ToS with the host.]

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournam ... post243352
raxxy wrote:Has nothing to do with cloudflare ToS, it wasn't being stored by cloudflare. it was a front end proxy.
Keep thinking you know what's up though, incase you were really wondering: I shut down rushbase because this game is **** and has near to no future. over 2 years in and it's still impossible to correctly modify the game without begging them to expose something, that will then take months to show up.
Last edited by Metalfist on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

I didn't read about any violation, just frustration from Raxxy. Lots of problems with the new UT for him so he just pulled the plug. I don't think it will be gone forever, but I think he wants to make a point.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Don't listen to rumours. I'm getting just as frustrated with UT4 and the heap of shit they turn it into. It's regressing rather than progressing.
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournam ... post241825
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

What rumors? I read the thread you linked before I posted; I think its pretty clear raxxy is fed up and dropped out completely.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

My post was more directed at Metalfist.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

I did not understand Raxxy's behaviour whe I read his post on unreal tournament forum link posted here, It's suposed to be UT development still in alpha status, which there were expectable bugs like firing not registered on the targeted player when it's online mode. I ever thought that prediction target firing feature could give many issues due to constant updating data in realtime.

Anyway I dont think he will come back to ut stage, I noticed in theut official page in contribution section page he is not listed as a ambassador so I guess relationship with Epic is gone forevar. Now in 2016 is more hard to host ut content than ever, its sad but true. :(
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

UT4 isn't even alpha ... it's PRE-alpha.
Many player tend to forget this and demand a working game right now.
But that's not how game-development works.
Companies work on the pre-alpha longer than on any beta (Duke Nukem is an exception).

Insteat of helping to build this game are they complaining, blaming, demanding and whining ...

Epic made only one huge mistake. Going public with a pre-alpha. Because the majority won't understand what this means.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

papercoffee wrote:UT4 isn't even alpha ... it's PRE-alpha.
Many player tend to forget this and demand a working game right now.
But that's not how game-development works.
Companies work on the pre-alpha longer than on any beta (Duke Nukem is an exception).

Insteat of helping to build this game are they complaining, blaming, demanding and whining ...

Epic made only one huge mistake. Going public with a pre-alpha. Because the majority won't understand what this means.
+1 although with his childish action only got to f*ck whole ut community (not only for ut4, he pulled the plug off for the rest of ut99, ut2k3-4 and ut3 file base also, yes, he did this for free -thing that all ut fans would thank him- but...how would justify this over-reaction when Its still very inmature the game as you said earlier? I would not)
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

@$carface: Yeah I know. It was something I heard on IRC so not really reliable.

@paper: That is so true. But if it wasn't public right now, then we couldn't make maps and mutators... (nyandeemer ;3).
It seems people like to complain a lot about everything, but when asked to make something most won't even try to learn the tools. :?

Also I thought he only hosted the ut4 files? I haven't seen links to ut99/2k4/ut3...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Metalfist wrote: @paper: That is so true. But if it wasn't public right now, then we couldn't make maps and mutators... (nyandeemer ;3).
It seems people like to complain a lot about everything, but when asked to make something most won't even try to learn the tools. :?
You can create maps and mutators in a beta as well ...and don't have to fight with constant changes in the game's core files.
A Pre-Alpha is not supposed to have mods and mutators it's supposed to have shell maps for playtests and people who can give proper feedback without being biased and comparing everything with other games or their fading memory of an game called UT99 ...which they haven't played for over 10 years.
If all those people, who claim to know how UT99 feels, still would play it nowadays... would this game have a bigger player-base than COD and BF.
It makes me slightly upset when people tell absolute bullshit about UT99 and take this to justify/demand changes.
If you* don't believe me read the section about feedback on the official forum.

*was meant generally and not directed at Metalfist.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

pappercoffe is right, let's think:

UT is a old game but very fun to play, I do notice everybody I am more a player that look fo fun only. I still play ut and overall series without keeping mind where are playing (wheter offline or online, I do sometimes both more offline than online) I love ALL series with their advantages and limitations (whether is due to Epic failures or the proper tech engine of that season, by the way do you know any company games that does not have any, one failure minimum?, not, right?-). This is I think about those so called "pro" that screwed this game:

1) UT99 was the first of this well know game, its releasing and making by epic-digital extremes were done only thinking in the FUN factor. They were not capable to imagine what huge success would have been this great game. Nobody at Epic games nor Digital extremes could imagine that their game could compete with quake or doom nor they got many sales due to the "addictivity" (this word from addictive word is invented from me, dont look for in the dictionary lol), fun, fast action, mindblowind ideas to modding, etc..music too all gathered to what was this game.

2) I got tired from those babies that demand "hey, hey! This is not what I want!! I want ut99 but with ..with current tech and modern graphics f*ck!" and all that another sort of whining modes like this weapon is nerfed, "this is so -attention dudes to a user forum I read long time ago- fast, please, slown down the speed" etc...here is pappercoffee came to say truly: Nobody seems to remember how was/is played ut if you had still installed this game and still play nowadays. More than one time I got tempted to write in the official forum: "if you dont like utxx please, go and play ut99, b*tch!" so I preferred to keep mouth shut and go on. I bet about 80% people who supposely played that game (it was 15 years when was released, how the fuck people that stopped playing it could it remember exactly how was this game played? lol. Ah and many of them are teenagers now that says they play this game when lately were playing ut2k4 or ut3). You could try by putting a poll with this question: "Did you play ut goty when was released in 2001 or did t play at least?" I swear that about 80% are not playing anymore that game (due realife, or jumped to newer ut versions, etc...).

3) "Pros" came few months when game was released, where they were not been before the community (I remember all playing for fun, no insulting not trolling until....they came in with that obsession promoting tourneys, mainlyall were teenageh with 0% CI). Is here where the way twisted definitively to date, Its like a plague no way to get rid them upon us. I only hope this new version dont repeat the same attitude form a few (the pros) against mayority (casuals, amateurs, community etc). But well its only a hope.

I wil stay playing until death whatever series incluiding series, they saved from a depression years ago thanks to a few of my friend I met platying. Long Live UT