CS 1.6 Weapons for UT + Update v2.0

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

CS 1.6 Weapons for UT + Update v2.0

Post by Spectra »

From ReadMe:
===========================================================================================
MOD INFORMATION:

Title: Counter Strike Weapons v1.6 for UT99
Author: SpEcTra_7
Email: spectraut2@gmail.com
Release Date: 1st June, 2016
===========================================================================================

DESCRIPTION:

This is a port of Counter Strike v1.6 weapons to UT99.
Weapon Pack contains over 27 weapons ranging from knife, pistols to heavy rifles.

INSTALLATION:

1. Put the contents of System (.u) folder in your UnrealTournament/System
2. Put the contents of Textures (.utx) folder in your UnrealTournament/Textures
3. Put the contents of Sounds (.uax) folder in your UnrealTournament/Sounds
4. (OPTIONAL) Redirect files are provided if you are planning to play this in servers.

REQUIREMENTS:

This mod requires additional files which are there in System folder: XPickups, EnhancedItems,
RocketsUT.

XPickups is used as it provides random replacement of weapons.
RocketsUT is used as it provides flash effects for flash grenade.
EnhancedItems is required as RocketsUT is based on that.

If you don't have those 3 files, then install those too, otherwise this mod won't work.

SERVER SETUP:

If you are planning to load this mod is servers, then add this in your server's UT.ini file:

ServerPackages=CS_v16

Also don't forget to add the redirect files (.uz) provided.

CONFIGURATION FILE (.ini) EXPLAINED:

DefaultCSWeapon=CS_v16.USP //This will only work when bRespawnWithRandomPistols=False, the game will give USP as default weapon.
DefaultShotgunWeapon=CS_v16.M3 //This will only work when bRandomShotgunReplacement=False, the game will spawn specific weapon in place of Bio Rifle.
DefaultSMGWeapon=CS_v16.MP5 //This will only work when bRandomSMGReplacement=False, the game will spawn specific weapon in place of Shock Rifle.
DefaultRifleWeapon=CS_v16.M4A1 //This will only work when bRandomRiflesReplacement=False, the game will spawn specific weapon in place of PulseGun, Ripper, Minigun and Rocket Launcher.
DefaultSniperWeapon=CS_v16.AWP //This will only work when bRandomSniperReplacement=False, the game will spawn specific weapon in place of Sniper Rifle.
bEnableRecoil=True //Self explanatory
bAllAmbientGlow=True //If this is false, the glow effect won't be there on weapons. Its cons is that it will difficult to find weapon in dark corners.
bEnableCrosshair=True //Self explanatory
bRespawnWithRandomPistols=True //Self explanatory
bRandomPistolReplacement=True //The game will spawn random pistols in place enforcer. Make sure Weapon Stay option is disabled.
bRandomShotgunReplacement=True //Same as above, but for shotguns.
bRandomSMGReplacement=True //Same as above, but for SMGs.
bRandomRiflesReplacement=True //Same as above, but for Rifles.
bRandomSniperReplacement=True //Same as above, but for Sniper Rifles.
bBulletPenetration=True //You will be able to shoot through walls and players.
GunPickupSoundType=0 //0 - CS Pickup sound, 1 - Default UT Pickup Sound (for guns only).
AmmoPickupSoundType=0 //0 - CS Pickup sound, 1 - Default UT Pickup Sound (for ammo only).

GUI Configuration window is also added in Mod Menu, but not all settings are present there.

SUMMON COMMANDS:

Type this in console.

1. Melee:
summon CS_v16.Knife

2. Pistols:
summon CS_v16.USP
summon CS_v16.Fiveseven
summon CS_v16.Deagle
summon CS_v16.P228
summon CS_v16.Glock

3. Shotguns:
summon CS_v16.M3
summon CS_v16.XM1014

4. SMGs:
summon CS_v16.MP5
summon CS_v16.P90
summon CS_v16.UMP45
summon CS_v16.Mac10
summon CS_v16.TMP

5. Rifles:
summon CS_v16.AK47
summon CS_v16.Famas
summon CS_v16.M4A1
summon CS_v16.Galil
summon CS_v16.SG552
summon CS_v16.Aug
summon CS_v16.SG550
summon CS_v16.G3SG1

6. Heavy Rifles:
summon CS_v16.M249

7. Sniper Rifles:
summon CS_v16.AWP
summon CS_v16.ScoutSniper

8. Grenades:
summon CS_v16.GrenadeFrag
summon CS_v16.GrenadeFlash
summon CS_v16.GrenadeSmoke

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Recommended FOV: 80 - 90
Don't try play against high skill bots, they are too good!
Weapon don't support Alt Fire except in weapons like USP, Famas, Glock, M4A1.
If you see the right side of the HUD, on the top of Ammo bar. A yellow color number is displayed showing the actual clip count left in your gun.

USAGE / PERMISSION:

This mod is Open Source. You are welcome to make your version or use in your projects.
But add my name in your credits list.

I have provided a different ZIP file with Source codes only.

KNOWN ISSUES:
SG552 and Aug are buggy for AI, as bots/Skaarj can fire more than bullets at one time :/
Animations are choppy in some weapons, because I used Milkshape3d to export the guns.
AWP and ScoutSniper have some problems in online, while zooming sometimes bullets don't land properly.
In order to fix this, simply de-select and select again the weapon or reload the weapon.

CREDITS:

Gizzy and Shivaxi - developing CSWeapons227 for Unreal 1.
Wormbo - developing EnhancedItems and RocketsUT and flash effects from that mod.
FeraliDragon - developing XPickups as it supports random replacement of items.
Nelsona - for some MH help.
ASLYE702 - Testing
Valve
Epic Games

Thats all! ENJOY!

END OF FILE.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Download Mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qdcmn ... ns_v16.zip
Download Source codes: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g1ju5 ... Source.zip

Version 2.0 update:
The ReadMe file is same as previous. I will just post the change and fixes.
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS VERSION:

1. All weapons are imported as Skeletal Models. So no more choppy or distorted animations.
2. Two new weapons added: Dual Elites Pistols and C4.
3. Fixed AI firing bug of Aug and SG552.
4. Added option for replacing OldSkoolWeapons.
5. Auto add to ServerPackages if server runs on XC_Engine.
6. New animations for FAMAS and Galil.
7. SMG weapons have more fire rate and accuracy.
8. This version is Standalone. This time there is no need for extra packages like XPickups or RocketsUT anymore.
9. Players / Bots will re-spawn with two extra frag grenades.
10. Texture skin fix for Flash and Smoke grenade.

SERVER SETUP:

If you are planning to load this mod in server, then add this in your server's UT.ini file:

If your server is running on XC_Engine, then no need to add to ServerPackages.
The XC_Engine will automatically add it to ServerPackages.

Else if your server is NOT running on XC_Engine, then add this in your server's UT.ini file.

ServerPackages=CS_v16_2

Also don't forget to add the redirect files (.uz) provided.
Note: Weapon replacement should work on every maps now. This time replacements won't take accounts of MyMarker.

Download Mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yea9wi50q ... s16_v2.zip
Download Source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mca44b18m ... Source.zip

Enjoy!!
Last edited by Spectra on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: CS Weapons v1.6 for UT

Post by Dr.Flay »

:highfive:
:tu:
:rock:

Note:
The final version of Xpickups is posted in this thread https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5082&start=0
It also contains a mutator made by Wormbo that will fix the Chaos sniper rifle when used with Xpickups (I wonder who could have asked for that fix ?).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Any indication what the changes are from the previous version?
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Dr.Flay wrote::highfive:
Note:
The final version of Xpickups is posted in this thread https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5082&start=0
It also contains a mutator made by Wormbo that will fix the Chaos sniper rifle when used with Xpickups (I wonder who could have asked for that fix ?).
So should I update the ZIP?? I got XPickups files when I was downloading FNB's UnrealGateways map.
OjitroC wrote:Any indication what the changes are from the previous version?
v1.6 is not the version of this mod. It means the weapons are from CS v1.6. So there was no previous version.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rocky wrote: v1.6 is not the version of this mod. It means the weapons are from CS v1.6. So there was no previous version.
I was thinking of CS Weapons by Gizzy for U1, which worked in UT. Having used CS Weaponsv1.6 I can now see the differences - an excellent job.

----------------------- Edit ---------------------------------------
Having used these for a while, I can say there are lots of positives with this mod - that it is a mod and not just a weapons package, better rendering of the weapons, better and more distinct sounds and effects, etc. The only drawback is that, in my opinion and following some comparison tests, some of the weapons I am most familiar with (the Mac-10 and UMP-45) are noticeably less accurate than those in Gizzy's version or, more precisely, they have a greater spread of bullets around the centre of the crosshair. Obviously, anyone who has not used Gizzy's version will be unaware of this.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Gave it a run through on Hall of Giants Extreme... and it works great, minus one little thing:

The arms on some of the guns sorta sink into the ground:

Also, the Fully Loaded mutator (which i find handy with most weapons packs as it gives you all weapons and full ammo from the start) doesn't work with CS. Instead of giving me all CS weapons it ignores the mutator entirely and gives me default ut99 weapons. That's a little weird.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Rocky wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote: :highfive:
Note:
So should I update the ZIP?? I got XPickups files when I was downloading FNB's UnrealGateways map.
Map released 2013 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4811
I think Frag was up to date because he worked close to the project.
Download and compare with the full Xpickups.

If you do update the package please reference the release forum and the project page
viewforum.php?f=39
http://www.ut99.org/utr/xpickups-gamer-manual.html
http://www.ut99.org/utr/xpickups-mapper-manual.html
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

For the record...
Rocky wrote:Don't try play against high skill bots, they are too good!
...bollocks!

If I don't battle against the really tough bots, how will I improve myself?

So I did and it worked out about even.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Found another issue, though given the map it's not too surprising:

Red_Fist's map has proven resistant to weapon replacement mutators before and CS is no exception. None of the weapons are changed on this map.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

nice............. lets try... :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Nephew9999 wrote:nice............. lets try... :tu:
I'll be posting more to various screenshot threads today...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:Red_Fist's map [MH-Electrolyte] has proven resistant to weapon replacement mutators
Is the reason known for this? In CS-Weapons-Mutator's code and MH-Electrolyte in T3D view I did not see any problems.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Red_Fist's map [MH-Electrolyte] has proven resistant to weapon replacement mutators
Is the reason known for this?
Don't think it was ever clearly defined, but I mentioned it in the Screenshots review for the map.

Red_Fist's map · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5969

Map Review:
Spoiler
Okay, that's basically 24 hours... ish.

Here's the thread for it, download's on the 3rd page · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5969

This is from 3 initial games from it: me with & 4 bots, me with 11 bots, just 6 bots.

Notes:
1) Map isn't compatible with weapon replacement mutators. I only tried it with Infiltration, but the weapons wouldn't switch from their UT originals. Probably wouldn't work with NW3 either.

2) Most of the monsters you fight in a given area are all of the same kind, but there's a few instances where you're fighting more than 1 kind at a time. Without something to prevent them fighting, they freely ignore all players and kill each other. Kinda handy, if you don't mind the point loss.

3) There's a part where you see a message that the Nali has gotten in and killed all the monsters. Not so much, which I checked on while in spectator mode. The Nali never move from where they were, the monsters specified in a control room just all die for no apparent reason. Power of prayer maybe?

4) There's a handy booby-trap in the Acid area, but it's untimely. Everything trapped in the room gets killed, but you don't see the message for them getting killed until about 4 seconds after it happened.
Come to think of it, one of the maps in the 512k mapping contest had a similar issue... but I can't remember which one now.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It is uncommon but there are other examples - I've recently discovered that it happens in DM-UTR-Morbias4 and CTF-UTR-Rawash - well, the weapons don't get replaced but the ammo does (though I am using the CS weapons in StuffSwapper rather than running the mutator).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote:but there are other examples
That CSWeapons_v16 Mutator exchanges weapons only, if the map has been rebuild the Paths after the mapper has added weapons (the weapon must have an InventorySpot (="MyMarker")):
CSMut16.UC

Code: Select all

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant)
[...]
	if(Other.Class == Class'Botpack.Ripper') {
		if(Inventory(Other).MyMarker != None)
		{
			ReplaceWith(Other, "CS_v16.RandGrenadesReplacer");
			return false;
		}
(Don't ask my why the coder has set MyMarker != None as a condition... Maybe because of SkaarTrooper-GiveWeapon-hack.)
Some maps are out there in the wild where Inventory items have no InventorySpot. But for the map MH-Electrolyte I have verified that at least ripper0 has an InventorySpot and bGameRelevant=False, and so CSMut16 should replace it.
MH-Electrolyte.t3d wrote:Begin Actor Class=ripper Name=ripper0
myMarker=InventorySpot'MyLevel.InventorySpot939'
[...]
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett