Wheel of Time (WOT)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Wheel of Time (WOT)

Post by Red_Fist »

Well since the game has the old visual basic editor I couldn't resist.

So how banned and jailed and fined, executed, will I be if I use their map for an MH map.
It's killer for a map for MH.

Tried Unreal Gold editor thinking it was closer to that time, the walls came out translucent, I tried different textures just didn't work.

So I exported it, and used UT, seemed to work, but the map is built really funky.
They used a really tall tessellated add brush as the outside but the inside had a horizontal plain for terrain. So the outside of the map is one huge exposed add brush.

Then they took a cube subtract, just fits inside around the inside edges of the large add brush, but they made the bottom of the subtract go just below the lowest point and a huge section of the add brush is just hanging in space.

Then they added in mountains with add brushes, then carved them up for tunnels and added structures, the whole thing is ,put-together, The whole map is like placed brushes, no intersecting at all, brushes sticking out all over the place.
So now I am getting HOM the more I mess with it, and collision problems, death BSP areas. But still seems fixable.

I think it was made on some other software and they just plopped in the brushes in the editor is what it's like. And there is a cluster of white brushes that I delete in the center of the grid. Looks like brushes to make movers.

And because of the tall add brush, intersecting or de-intersecting just below the terrain creates holes in the brush. So there is unconnected vertex around.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Wheel of Time (WOT)

Post by EvilGrins »

Got any screenshots of this thing?

There's an AS (Assault) map that I'm pretty sure is called Wheel of Time... nope, nevermind. It's called Chronoshift.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I looked for a video on youtube, LoL, there must be a part two, but no vid on this map. it's "Mission_10.wot" file name.

VERY low internet resources if you type in "WOT" you get "War of Tanks", or the guy who wrote the WOT story-book, posters, and other things.

What I would like to do is a MH contest with this map. Sooooo, many possibilities mapping between, placed enemies or more spawned enemies

In other words, we all use the same map to create your version of MH, or SP, both good.

Be a riot. !!!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

WOT is also "Web Of Trust"
Stop being lazy when you search :wink:
Use the actual full name names of things eg. "Wheel of Time game download", and you see lots of quality links :noidea
Including a still active site where you can get editing help.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I like Wheel of Time so much and advise everybody who like Unreal 1 + RTNP to play it too even if it is an old game. It has a multiplayer too and makes fun.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Dr.Flay wrote:WOT is also "Web Of Trust"
Stop being lazy when you search :wink:
Use the actual full name names of things eg. "Wheel of Time game download", and you see lots of quality links :noidea
Including a still active site where you can get editing help.
Noooooooooooooo, there isn't much out there.

I own the original boxed game CD. 2 disks, and the second disk don't have hi res textures :(
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Collision errors death BSP's tough map to mess with.