Marvin skin: Repeated client error messages

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Marvin skin: Repeated client error messages

Post by Barbie »

I noticed in my client (Barbie) UnrealTournament.log repeated error messages if another player (Ken) on the server uses the skin Marvin.
view example for Marvin skin
The package "marvin" contains the following files
content of Marvin.zip

Code: Select all

marvin.u
marvin.int
marvinskins.int
marvinskins.utx
marvin.txt
MarvinSkins.utx
MarvinSkins.utx.jpg
marvin.int

[Public]
Object=(Name=marvin.marvin,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="marvin")
Object=(Name=marvin.marvinbot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="marvin")
marvinskins.int

[public]
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv2marvin,Class=Texture,Description="marvin")
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv1,Class=Texture,Description="marvin")
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv5marvin,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv1T_0,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv1T_1,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv1T_2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv1T_3,Class=Texture)
Ken has the files in the matching directories (*.u, *.int->System; *.utx->Textures) and choosen "Marvin" as skin.
Kens user.ini

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=Ken
Class=marvin.marvin
team=0
skin=marvinSkins.marv
Face=marvinSkins.marvin
Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Even on playing a local game an error occurs there already.
Kens UnrealTournament.log

ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=Ken?Class=marvin.marvin?team=0?skin=marvinSkins.marv?Face=marvinSkins.marvin?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is DM-Agony.DMMutator0
ScriptLog: Initiating local logging...
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Team 0
ScriptLog: Login: Ken
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture marvinSkins.marv1marvin': Failed to find object 'Texture marvinSkins.marv1marvin'
ScriptLog: Failed to load marvinSkins.marv1marvin so load marvinSkins.marv1
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: marvin DM-Agony.marvin2
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
DevMusic: Load music: Music Course.Course
Log: appRequestExit(0)
If Ken and another player ("Barbie" without that Marvin package installed) play on a server, the following repeated errors occur in other players local log:
Barbies UnrealTournament.log

ScriptLog: Team 0
ScriptLog: Login: Barbie
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TFemale1 Entry.TFemale1
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level TestModifications.MyLevel
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Getting marvinskins.Skins.marv1t_0, None, None, None
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TFemale1 TestModifications.TFemale2
ScriptWarning: marvin TestModifications.marvin0 (Function Engine.Pawn.PostNetBeginPlay:003F) Accessed None
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture None.1': Can't resolve package name
ScriptLog: Failed to load 1 so load 1
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture None.1T_0': Can't resolve package name
ScriptLog: Failed to load 1T_0 so load 1
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture None.1T_0': Can't resolve package name
ScriptLog: Failed to load 1T_0 so load 1
ScriptWarning: marvin TestModifications.marvin0 (Function Botpack.TournamentPlayer.SetMultiSkin:02B3) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: marvin TestModifications.marvin0 (Function Botpack.TournamentPlayer.SetMultiSkin:02BB) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptLog: Creating root window: UMenu.UMenuRootWindow
DevMusic: Load music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
Log: appRequestExit(0)
The server has of course the needed files as ServerPackages.
servers UnrealTournament.ini

[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=marvinskins
ServerPackages=marvin
The Marvin skin is shown on both clients without errors (AFAIS).
Just FYI the servers log entries

Join request: Index.unr?Name=Ken?Class=marvin.marvin?team=0?skin=marvinSkins.marv?Face=marvinSkins.marvin?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Team 0
Login: Ken
Failed to load 'Texture marvinskins.marv1marvin': Failed to find object 'Texture marvinskins.marv1marvin'
Failed to load marvinSkins.marv1marvin so load marvinSkins.marv1
Failed to load 'Texture marvinskins.marv5t_0': Failed to find object 'Texture marvinskins.marv5t_0'
Possessed PlayerPawn: marvin TestModifications.marvin0
Join succeeded: Ken
Join request: Index.unr?Name=Barbie?Class=BotPack.TFemale1?team=0?skin=FCommandoSkins.cmdo?Face=FCommandoSkins.ivana?Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleTwo?OverrideClass=
Team 0
Login: Barbie
Possessed PlayerPawn: TFemale1 TestModifications.TFemale0
Join succeeded: Barbie
// no error messages
tl;dr :help:

Is there something wrong with the server setup?
Is that skin package simply buggy and how to fix this then?
Is there an error free version somewhere available?
<EDIT>
Added MarvinSkins.utx.jpg
</EDIT>
<EDIT 2016-07-14>
Added marvin.int, MarvinSkins.int
</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Marvin skin: Repeated client error messages

Post by OjitroC »

I have noticed, playing off-line, that that kind of log error is common with most, if not all, non-stock models - usually non-stock models don't have the same number of skin textures as the stock models (male soldier/commando, female soldier/commando,etc) but it seems to me that the 'engine' will look for the five standard skin textures and report errors if it doesn't find them (which it won't, of course, as they don't exist). This is an example of an error I get all the time with the Rumikos
Spoiler
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Rumikoskins.rugo1': Failed to find object 'Texture Rumikoskins.rugo1'
ScriptLog: Failed to load Rumikoskins.rugo1 so load RumikoGothic.rugo1
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3': Failed to find object 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3'
ScriptLog: Failed to load RumikoGothic.rugo3 so load
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Rumikoskins.rugo5': Failed to find object 'Texture Rumikoskins.rugo5'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3T_0'
ScriptLog: Failed to load RumikoGothic.rugo.rugo3T_0 so load RumikoGothic.rugo.rugo3
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3': Failed to find object 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3'
This is the RumikoGothic.int
Spoiler
[Public]
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo1,Class=Texture,Description="Gothic Girl")
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo2T_1,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo2T_3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo2T_2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo2T_0,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=RumikoGothic.rugo5,Class=Texture)
It also seems to have and look for a standard naming convetion - hence this error
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture marvinSkins.marv1marvin': Failed to find object 'Texture marvinSkins.marv1marvin'
However, despite the errors in the log, the skins normally work fine, as yours seem to have done. I only pursue the log errors if the skin doesn't appear correctly.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote:that that kind of log error is common with most, if not all, non-stock models
because majority of skinners are not coders to understand all deals and INT files usually are not that good. Even defaults are goofing here and there. Example: I was tuning up 2 Bot Bosses: Xan_A and Xan_B for matches. In this case Log is not fascinating... "failed to load bullshit texture so load other trash texture..."

Everything starts with texture name used and INT call, also attached suffix needed for teaming. See that skin load section somewhere in a UT class. Someone told me a few months ago: "damn, all these requested skins are bugged" - mainly it's true.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote:because majority of skinners are not coders to understand all deals and INT files usually are not that good.
Yes, you are right - one source of log errors/warnings I have noticed, with stock/default and non-stock/default model skins alike, is that some skins do not have team colours (or not all four team colours). Another source of errors is that many non stock/default model skins have less than the five textures of the stock/default models, hence the error in the example I posted above where the engine "Failed to load 'Texture RumikoGothic.rugo3" because, of course, it doesn't exist - the Rumiko model only has three skin textures (some like Marvin have only two).

Because I run XBots9b, I have a large number of non-stock\default models and almost invariably get log warnings about failures to load skins with EVERY game I play (off-line) I used to compare the INT file with the relevant UTX file but seldom found errors in the INT, so I now ignore these errors unless the skin doesn't appear correctly in the game. A more annoying problem is that some skins work on the player but not on bots, and vice versa.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Thanks for comments; if an error message occurs only once, and the skins are shown properly, I can live with that. But after this error

ScriptWarning: marvin TestModifications.marvin0 (Function Engine.Pawn.PostNetBeginPlay:003F) Accessed None
the clients log is spammed full with this repeated messages:

(see spoiler Barbies UnrealTournament.log above). Are there any hints to avoid or to fix that?
---
ut99.org wrote:You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
:shock:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

If you have used other non-stock/default models and have only had this "ScriptWarning: marvin TestModifications.marvin0 (Function Engine.Pawn.PostNetBeginPlay:003F) Accessed None" with Marvin then this suggests the problem lies with the model rather than anything else. Have you looked through the code for Marvin and compared it with that for other models to see if there is anything missing or faulty that might account for the script warning? The odd thing is that there is no error in reality as the model and the skin work.

I seem to remember getting the other warnings (Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name, etc) once but I think that was due to an error in the INT file, which you don't seem to have.

------------------ Edit ----------------

I had a look at the U file for the model and there is a skin in there (which, I think, is unusual) so I experimented (playing off-line).
  • 1 Just using the model (marvin.marvin) without the skin file marvinskins.utx - the model worked OK and the basic skin in the u file appeared correctly - however I got all the script warnings you got ("Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name", etc)
    2 Using marvinskins.utx, the model and the skin worked OK and I got no script warnings of importance
Not sure what to make of that - it seems that the client's log is suggesting that the skin utx file can't be found when, in fact, it can.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

It's a converted Quake model, can tell that from the symbols on the Team Colors.

I had Marvin a LONG time ago... but I haven't seen it in a really long time.

Can you link me to a download?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then we have another sort of player model which in a function called in client triggers a server related thing which doesn't exist in client or it calls something which didn't spawned.
OjitroC wrote:The odd thing is that there is no error in reality as the model and the skin work.
IT IS ALWAYS an error even it is not seen in game. A "ScriptWarning" is self explanatory - if nothing happens on screen this doesn't means it's OK and everything is fine, because is not. Looks like Barbie doesn't accept trash running there which is a good thing.

Barbie, post that function if you don't mind.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@EvilGrins - http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=sk ... marvin.zip

@Sektor2111 - so I'm curious as to what the practical effect of the error would be - can you elaborate on that?
Some of the scriptwarnings on skins are surely 'false positives', in a sense, in that a failure to load part of a skin is reported, but it isn't loaded because it doesn't exist - see my earlier example of the Rumiko skin.

@Barbie - perhaps the crucial part of the error, as regards the skin anyway, is the script warning "ScriptLog: Getting marvinskins.Skins.marv1t_0, None, None, None"? Does the triple None mean the skin can't be found or loaded, hence the other warnings that follow? The 'engine' is looking for marv2t_0, marv3t_0, marv4t_0 and because these can't be found, as they don't exist, assigns the name None to the texture, giving rise to the subsequent error warnings. Whether or not this is related to the other two errors, I don't know - perhaps these are due to code errors in the model? It would be interesting to use other models (stock or non-stock/default) and see what kind of log entry there is similar to the "ScriptLog: Getting marvinskins".
Last edited by OjitroC on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: so I'm curious as to what the practical effect of the error would be - can you elaborate on that?
A NORMAL server should run itself an client clean. Warning is a sort of user error the mostly, ScriptWarning = BAD CODE. Another "option", some of bad codes are crashing game at a random moment, else a C++ Such error = Instant Crash a sort of divide by 0. Capish ? A good UScript is not supposed to run ScriptWarning-s from any kind and dealing with unexistent things. What do you think is working Barbie and the rest of people coding things ? Getting rid of these is the goal for stability not supressing them. I'll take a look at that Marvin class.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:Barbie, post that function if you don't mind.
Hmm, what code? The class "marvin" contains only mesh definitions, no code.
class marvin extends TournamentMale

//================================================================================
// marvin.
//================================================================================

class marvin extends TournamentMale Localized Config(User);

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=marvin ANIVFILE=MODELS\marvin_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\marvin_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=marvin X=0 Y=0 Z=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=All 	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=198 RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=GutHit	STARTFRAME=54  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=AimDnLg	STARTFRAME=70  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=AimDnSm	STARTFRAME=10  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=AimUpLg	STARTFRAME=55  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=AimUpSm	STARTFRAME=55  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Taunt1 	STARTFRAME=72  NUMFRAMES=12  RATE=10	Group=Gesture
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Breath1	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Breath2	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=CockGun	STARTFRAME=49  NUMFRAMES=4   RATE=6	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DuckWlkL 	STARTFRAME=154 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10	Group=Ducking
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DuckWlkS 	STARTFRAME=154 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10	Group=Ducking
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=HeadHit 	STARTFRAME=54  NUMFRAMES=1   		Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=JumpLgFr 	STARTFRAME=67  NUMFRAMES=1   		Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=JumpSmFr 	STARTFRAME=67  NUMFRAMES=1   		Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=LandLgFr    STARTFRAME=70  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Landing
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=LandSmFr    STARTFRAME=70  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Landing
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=LeftHit 	STARTFRAME=58  NUMFRAMES=1   		Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Look 	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=RightHit 	STARTFRAME=62  NUMFRAMES=1   		Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=RunLg 	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=RunLgFr	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=6	Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=RunSm	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=RunSmFr	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=6	Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=StillFrRp	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=6	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=StillLgFr 	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=8   RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=StillSmFr	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=8   RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=SwimLg	STARTFRAME=135 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=SwimSm	STARTFRAME=135 NUMFRAMES=1   RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=TreadLg	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=1   RATE=15	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=TreadSm	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=1   RATE=15	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Victory1 	STARTFRAME=84  NUMFRAMES=11  RATE=10	Group=Gesture
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=WalkLg	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=5   RATE=2
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=WalkLgFr	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=7   RATE=10	Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=WalkSm	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=5   RATE=2
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=WalkSmFr	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=7   RATE=10	Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Wave	STARTFRAME=112 NUMFRAMES=11  RATE=10	Group=Gesture
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Walk	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=5   RATE=2
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=TurnLg	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=7	// 2 frames of walklgfr
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=TurnSm	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=7	// 2 frames of walksmfr
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Breath1L	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Breath2L	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=CockGunL	STARTFRAME=49  NUMFRAMES=4   RATE=6	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=LookL 	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=WaveL 	STARTFRAME=112 NUMFRAMES=11  RATE=10	Group=Gesture
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Chat1	STARTFRAME=87  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=6	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Chat2	STARTFRAME=113 NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=2	Group=Waiting
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Thrust 	STARTFRAME=95  NUMFRAMES=17  RATE=10	Group=Gesture
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DodgeB	STARTFRAME=68  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DodgeF	STARTFRAME=68  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DodgeR	STARTFRAME=68  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DodgeL	STARTFRAME=68  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Fighter     STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Flip	STARTFRAME=66  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=4	Group=Jumping
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead1 	STARTFRAME=178 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10	Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead2 	STARTFRAME=184 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead3 	STARTFRAME=190 NUMFRAMES=8   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead4 	STARTFRAME=178 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10	Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead7 	STARTFRAME=184 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead8 	STARTFRAME=190 NUMFRAMES=8   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead9	STARTFRAME=54  NUMFRAMES=2   RATE=30	Group=TakeHit
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead9B	STARTFRAME=184 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Dead11	STARTFRAME=184 NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=BackRun	STARTFRAME=40  NUMFRAMES=6   RATE=10	Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=StrafeL	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=StrafeR	STARTFRAME=46  NUMFRAMES=1		Group=MovingFire
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Point 	STARTFRAME=123 NUMFRAMES=12  RATE=10	Group=Gesture
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crstnd 	STARTFRAME=135 NUMFRAMES=19  RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crpain 	STARTFRAME=169 NUMFRAMES=4   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crdeath 	STARTFRAME=173 NUMFRAMES=5   RATE=10
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Breath3	STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=39  RATE=10

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DeathEnd	STARTFRAME=183 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DeathEnd2	STARTFRAME=189 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=DeathEnd3	STARTFRAME=197 NUMFRAMES=1

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=198
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Stand STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=39
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Run STARTFRAME=40 NUMFRAMES=6
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Attack STARTFRAME=46 NUMFRAMES=8
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Pain1 STARTFRAME=54 NUMFRAMES=4
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Pain2 STARTFRAME=58 NUMFRAMES=4
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Pain3 STARTFRAME=62 NUMFRAMES=4
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Jump6 STARTFRAME=66 NUMFRAMES=6
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Flip STARTFRAME=72 NUMFRAMES=12
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Salute STARTFRAME=84 NUMFRAMES=11
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Taunt STARTFRAME=95 NUMFRAMES=17
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Wave STARTFRAME=112 NUMFRAMES=11
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Point STARTFRAME=123 NUMFRAMES=12
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crstnd STARTFRAME=135 NUMFRAMES=19
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crwalk STARTFRAME=154 NUMFRAMES=6
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crattak STARTFRAME=160 NUMFRAMES=9
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crpain STARTFRAME=169 NUMFRAMES=4
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Crdeath STARTFRAME=173 NUMFRAMES=5
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Death1 STARTFRAME=178 NUMFRAMES=6
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Death2 STARTFRAME=184 NUMFRAMES=6
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=marvin SEQ=Death3 STARTFRAME=190 NUMFRAMES=8

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jmarvin FILE=MODELS\Marvin.pcx GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2 // skins

#exec MESHMAP NEW   MESHMAP=marvin MESH=marvin
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=marvin X=0.1 Y=0.1 Z=0.2

#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=marvin NUM=0 TEXTURE=Jmarvin

defaultproperties {
    SelectionMesh="marvin.marvin"
    SpecialMesh="marvin.marvin"
    MenuName="marvin"
    Mesh=LodMesh'marvin'
}
I guess that a part of the Marvin package is not set up properly.
OjitroC wrote:perhaps the crucial part of the error, as regards the skin anyway, is the script warning "ScriptLog: Getting marvinskins.Skins.marv1t_0, None, None, None"? Does the triple None mean the skin can't be found or loaded, hence the other warnings that follow?
IDK why this is logged neither from where nor what it means. I just can compare with another similar log entry:

ScriptLog: Getting Soldierskins.sldr1T_0, Soldierskins.sldr2T_0, Soldierskins.sldr3, Soldierskins.Sldr4Brock
and see that there are differences. 8)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:Hmm, what code? The class "marvin" contains only mesh definitions, no code.
Okay I found it, my bad, it's Pawn class. Let's see what we get VS default properties posted

else if ( Skin == None )
		Skin = Default.Skin;
And then

defaultproperties
{
    SelectionMesh="marvin.marvin"
    SpecialMesh="marvin.marvin"
    MenuName="marvin"
    Mesh=LodMesh'marvin'
}
Now I'm gonna buy some glasses because I don't see DEFAULT.SKIN in default properties which is called by Pawn class. So... by chance, engine loads something... and we drew conclusion - BAD definition for this stuff triggering a NONE load. This is what I see at first check, maybe someone else can see other things.
Looking at TXT file looks like I wouldn't use such things "ported".
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Like I said, there is a skin of sorts in the model's U file and that is what is loaded if no skin or face are specified in the Use.ini, so perhaps that is the default skin?

As I suggested above, the 'engine' is looking for marv2t_0, marv3t_0, marv4t_0 (as it would do were marvin one of the stock/default models) and because these can't be found, as they don't exist, assigns the name None to the texture as a whole, giving rise to the subsequent error warnings - but the skin works OK as it only needs marv1t_0 and the face?

Actually looking at the error "ScriptLog: Getting marvinskins.Skins.marv1t_0, None, None, None" again, the skin name that is being searched for (marvinskins.Skins.marv) is wrong and so is this the source of the skin error warnings?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I just noticed that the mini picture shown in the upper left corner is missing at Marvin skin. Isn't the Texture "Marv5Marvin" in MarvinSkins.utx (see spoiler "MarvinSkins.utx" in first post) intended for it?
Attachments
MarvinMinipicMissing.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, it is - I did notice it didn't work but forgot to mention it.

Looking at the UTX file, marv2marvin seems to be superfluous - it is a larger version of marv5marvin. In fact the following entries in the INT file for the skin are also superfluous
Spoiler
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=marvinSkins.marv2marvin,Class=Texture,Description="marvin")
There do seem to be 'odd' problems with this model and skin - playing just now (offline) in Team 3 colours (Gold) I got the following errors
Spoiler
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture marvinSkins.marv5t_3': Failed to find object 'Texture marvinSkins.marv5t_3'
For some reason, the engine is looking for marv5t in gold, when that should be marvinSkins.marv1T_3.

_______ EDIT _________
It gets more and more curious. The above was in a TDM - playing a DM in gold the talk texture works and I only got this error
Spoiler