Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Post by JackGriffin »

Aldy, I'll be around this week if you need some help. Don't hesitate to message me.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I tried to install a little coop server for ut99 with more than one "single player mappack" on it but failed with the mapvote. It seems that only one single player mappack can be installed in mapvote at a time?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I have installed the monsterhunt2 gold skins for all teams (red,blue,yellow,green) and set bUseTeamSkins=True and bNoTeamChanges=False.
I can't change the team in ut menu, it's always the red team activated.
So I set MaxTeams=1 to MaxTeams=4 but monsterhunt automatically alter it to MaxTeams=1 and save the changes to the ini file.
No teamchange is possible.
Any ideas how to change teams?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:No teamchange is possible. Any ideas how to change teams?
It had taken me some time to figure that out...

You should have a look at function AddToTeam(int num, Pawn Other) in MonsterHunt.uc: the team is set to 0 there regardless of the parameter "num" that indicates the team number:

Code: Select all

aTeam = Teams[0];
Other.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team = 0;
Before changing the code there you should think over if you really want players in different teams - they are enemies then. This has influences on team kill processing, weapons behaviour (seeking rocket launcher gets active for example) and some more I cannot remember atm.

For [url=unreal://81.169.240.101:7777]my version of MonsterHunt[/url] I have decided to have the visual and sound effects of different teams only: if a player changes team, the skin, the HUD and the sounds ("Red leader...", "Green leader...", ...) are set according the players (virtual) team, but "PlayerReplicationInfo.Team" stays at team 0.
<EDIT>
See also thread Team effects in Monsterhunt.
</EDIT>
Last edited by Barbie on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you for the info, that was my intention too that teamchange is only for optical reasons. I can use the mh2gold skins in different colors when installed in the ut client but the hud is always red and differs from the skin color... perhaps some day I will do some coding.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Aldebaran wrote:I have installed the monsterhunt2 gold skins for all teams (red,blue,yellow,green) and set bUseTeamSkins=True and bNoTeamChanges=False.
bUseTeamSkins is your BAD MOVE, I though that name is self explanatory, It is used TEAM SKINS = 0 = RED ONLY.
Like I said, by allowing skin change and removing TeamGamePlus's related craps color problem is simply solved. Leave menu alone during game and join as blue. You are in Team 0 but... you have blue skin or green or whatever. Gold doesn't have this problem solved but has some MHPlayerSkin whatever solution. I went for a different option and... amazingly primary code has been fired up a few years ago in MHPlus version but incomplete (perhaps my codes need some love too but... nvm this time).
Check that MH2_NS_.. and see how goes, import what you need from there - yes, structure is different.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

sektor2111 wrote:I though that name is self explanatory, It is used TEAM SKINS = 0 = RED ONLY.
Roger that. My mistake.
sektor2111 wrote:by allowing skin change and removing TeamGamePlus's related craps color problem is simply solved
It think this is to difficult for me to do, i am at the beginning to learn some unreal script...

i cross over now to only use blue HUD instead of red HUD. Skins and Teams and so on have not that priority for me.
So I had a look into MonsterHunt2Gold code and found a variable called HUDColor.
When I change the value of this in MH2Gold code the color of HUD components of MH2Gold changes too.
But the chat field and other NW3 related HUD does not change, it stays red.
The HUDColor variable is defined in class Botpack.ChallengeHUD. Is it possible to change the value before MH2Gold is started so that all HUD components use this value changed by me?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Let me describe a few... facts.
If you want flexible things with team skins and the rest, NW3 or III is already a wrong move. NW is NOT perfect - read this well - and it do follows default rules for teaming, by simply adding those codes you'll have a battle to do. Okay... another little thing. Even MH 504 has a feature to allow me on blue skin to play as much as I want. When whatever NWIII has been added I could see some Domination related errors because NWIII has a "rule" all domination games must have ControlPoints accessed without sanity check - not my problem after all. While I have a cute tweak to gain a Domination like order, and no problems with controller, suddenly adding these restrictive mods things go nasty - to not mention how are acting wick monsters toward fully armed player with 1500 hp :loool: . For me these are a no go, I prefer to use CPU resources for activating mad monster rather that mooing at 0 skill player - noobs are welcomed to learn gaming rules first before bullshitting in servers. Teams in UT are defaulted to their colors and for this reason more things will screw up there. Another fact, in default UT games player is controlling HUD color as wants because it's client side. Admins should not mess with player tastes as a matter of colors. Player has right to play with what HUD think is matching his needs - leave default codes to work and delete garbage saying" bUseTeamColor=Level.Game blabla" - whatever "Level.Game" called in client will be a null call. Client doesn't have the Level.Game because that is a server thing.
You should see some string like "ClientChangeSkin" which doesn't exist in DM - it's a TeamGamePlus thing and functions where is called have to be imported and rewritten doing "Super(DeathMatchPlus).Something" if they need a super-class code. You should work relaxed and with focus because learning MH hacking cannot be learned in 2 hours or 2 weeks. I spent months and years for figuring things and writing codes. Of course this is not appreciated that much - you can even be banned randomly because of some stupid reasons with no relevance for quality, if you get things well and others are still messing. The more goodies you'll do and more truth revealed, you'll encounter a sort of bad reputation if you point trash with fingers clearly. Keep in mind that not everyone is happy to see a quality competition around.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:I though that name is self explanatory, It is used TEAM SKINS = 0 = RED ONLY.
Roger that. My mistake.
Not your mistake, in my opinion - I'm with you. If I read the term bUseTeamSkins this means use the skin according to players team for me. The name of that variable could have been chosen more descriptive, for example bUseRedTeamSkinsOnly.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then ask Shrimp about that... of course at once with many other questions related to options used...
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Aldebaran wrote:Thank you JackGriffin for the offer :-) The next weeks we have European Football (Soccer) Championship and they show all in tv so I am little busy with mental support of our team by looking it :lol2: So perhaps coding in this time is not my first concern...

I tried to install a little coop server for ut99 with more than one "single player mappack" on it but failed with the mapvote. It seems that only one single player mappack can be installed in mapvote at a time? But MrLoathsome has seemingly found a solution but thats not public or? I think it is the Ecoop Mod that set available the same weapons in all mappacks and makes one gametype working in all mappacks... (this is in my case the main problem that every mappack uses its own gametype and the mapnames are not associated with it).
Sorry for the late reply. Just noticed this post.

What version of mapvote were you using? For coop server use, I have been using BDBMapvote302 for years.
Even before Core hooked me up with the excellent Ecoop stuff.

There are some mappacks that won't work together well with just the Mapvote, but quite a number of them will.
blarg
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

MrLoathsome wrote:What version of mapvote were you using?
I use now BDBMapVote304 for coop server. But I installed separate server config files for each campaign/mappack. So only one campaign is available at a time.

One big problem occured with the "Nali Chronicles" and "Legacy" campaigns because they have cutscene maps which does not work under ut99 and I can't skip them. With the Dark Knights Unreal campaign I have the problem that the filenames are not sorted and I can't define a maporder in mapvote that people know whats the next map (when they will vote).

But it suffice my needs for playing alone... :lol:
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

In some maps (not always) I have the problem under water or in lava when I die I do not respawn. I lost my weapons etc but my health is regenerating from 0 and I only can look what happens like a spectator. The only way for me is to type "suicide" into console.
Have others here the same problem? Otherwise I should have a look into my configuration...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bad regenerator code.

I thought that you have started trying to rewrite these without "Pawnlisting" each second... UTJ (root code used) regenerator is a code incomplete causing regeneration even in state dead and some idea for regenerating under water make things more dumber, I'm not sure if has something to do with configuration.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I use MH2 (Gold) regeneration and NW3 has some build in too in monster hunt mode. Perhaps both are active the same time and affect each other?

NW3 has this config line:
bRegenHealthUnderwater=True

I think I will try it with False as value...