Various Mapfixes

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Various Mapfixes

Post by Swanky »

I fired up UT again the other day to enjoy some firefights and relax from work. However, as soon as I loaded some older maps of mine, I was annoyed by some oversights so I decided to fix those.

DM-Gintzu
- fixed some pathing issues that caused bots to get stuck around the RocketLauncher and the armor - bots are still somewhat wonky in this map but at least they dont get stuck anymore

DM-CrescentSun
- fixed an invisble wall

DM-Maris
- increased armor desirability to give bots more incentive to go up there
- fixed an invisible railing on the nearby elevator

DM-Vrais
- fixed bots not getting the armor (increased desirability) - should use the upper level more often now
- fixed one of the lights in minigun room sticking out
- fixed black wall below armor

Again those maps will be hosted as long as I am in the mood to maintain the links. Get them while you can and feel free to reupload or share. I should probably do a sentimental collection of my works someday...
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Various Mapfixes

Post by Carbon »

Thanks for your work Swanky! Always nice to have some of these maps made more functional.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, that's really good and a collection of your works would be great :gj:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Carbon wrote:Thanks for your work Swanky! Always nice to have some of these maps made more functional.

Off topic, is your avatar that critter from Unreal2 ?
Binary Space Partitioning
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Yep. The Seagoat.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Swanky wrote: DM-Gintzu
- fixed some pathing issues that caused bots to get stuck around the RocketLauncher and the armor - bots are still somewhat wonky in this map but at least they dont get stuck anymore
It's not really that fixed. I have a small problem: I really like this map how is designed and it looks a perfect playground for my XANs to kick my butt. Issues are... PATHING. We have a door (aka lift) which has 2 LiftCenters unlinked with it and invalid air routes. On top there (around PulseGun) is much easy to create a route for Bot in order to Fall down over armor and not using a jumpspot placed near armor box - see it using top-view (if bot is accurate using translocator probably has some chances to fall near box) - it's not about desireability, it's about ROUTES. I see around 2 PathNodes part of main paths placed a bit higher, I don't know why was necessary that placement.
The map is truly OK and if Pathing is solved it's a go for everyone, Advice :mrgreen: don't hide nice works, man, this is a beauty.