A bit of reminiscing...

Discussions about UT99
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Re: A bit of reminiscing...

Post by Swanky »

editor Dave wrote:Dang, I didn't know you've released that many maps! I think I knew your FoT works and everything post 2008, but looking at "mapping kid"-Swanky was very interesting to examine. Even your oldest effort is visually in the field of looking "okay". The gameplay, on the other hand, seems a bit too straightforward I guess. :D Reminiscing is also one of my favorite activities - it's so much easier than creating something new - even though I constantly live with the pressure that there's unfinished business lying behind me!

However, if I did a showcase in the manner of your opening post, it would be 70% unfinished/abandoned stuff, since I kept my actual releases to a minimum so far :what:
Heh. Note that those are just the ones I am still in posession of. I did several other maps starting in 1999, just don't have any copies of those anymore. There would be huge differences visible between the older files and the really, really old files.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Done! All of your wishes for the pack observed. Thanks again Swanky....great work here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkrq429002ng6 ... k.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Carbon on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swanky
Adept

Post by Swanky »

I put it in the first post. Thanks Carbon. :)
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Post by Renegade »

You're one of the mappers I've been following since Unreal Playground was still a thing. Fantastic Maps; I'm glad they're all available together now. This sort of thing should be done for other mappers e.g. Revelation, SabbathCat/Johnny6, Derdak, etc.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

If someone puts up a list of maps, I will do what I can.
Swanky
Adept

Post by Swanky »

I updated the download link in the first post as Carbon hadn't included the latest version from the "various Mapfixes" Thread yet. Sorry for the incovienience.
Swanky
Adept

Post by Swanky »

Ahem...

Not sure I'm gonna finish that one, lack of creativity mostly as the layout is done and it only needs decor and lighting. It's a pretty tight layout for 2-3 players.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Me likey those tight layouts (but not too tight) :P

hoping to see the lighting part of this, so far looks pretty good. :thuup:
Swanky
Adept

Post by Swanky »

Oh well, lookie lookie. Dug this out again. After speaking with one of the mods, this should go ok. I'm going to use this as centralized topic to keep a bit of track of my Unreal Tournament stuff. I've updated the pictures to use google photo features so hopefully there's a bit more longevity and less management of reuploading pictures. I also added DM-AMC-Ars_Indus to the list, although it isn't updated in the all-in-one packages yet.
Speaking of Ars Industrialis - note the screenshot two posts above. It just took 2 more years to finish it.
Swanky
Adept

Post by Swanky »

I've relocated my map collection to moddb. At the writing of this post, some maps still unauthed, though that will change over the course of the day. This also includes my works for Dawn of War and Killing Floor and hopefully proves to be a longterm solution.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Thank you, moddb is a nice place to submit maps and mods, especially since they force developers to add information and screenshots of their work.
I will probably download some of your maps myself this way. :)
Swanky
Adept

Post by Swanky »

I normally use the Nexus nowadays since they force pretty much everything except for screenshots. For maps it makes sense, but for a small scripted mutator not always so much.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

I've been at moddb forever, but never uploaded anything... do you think it's worthwhile for game levels?

Regarding "nexus" - is that the same nexus mods where you get all the mods for FO and ME etc ?

How do I search for your stuff there?
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***