Started a new level

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Eviltom
Skilled

Started a new level

Post by Eviltom »

Had to take the day off work ill, as I couldn't move I tthought I'd have a play on the editor and started a new map. The theme is a ruined ancient temple/archaeological dig gone wrong. I thought I would make it a DOM level as I always enjoyed this game type, but will make a DM version too.

I used to have a sky box that had llightning linked to flashing lights and sounds within the map, would go great with the spooky atmosphere that im tryimg to achieve.. long lost on an old computer, does anyone happen to know of the magic trigger wizardry that could make this work ? Im going to search myaelf but thought i would ask on the offchance!

keep in mind it's a workIin progress!

Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Started a new level

Post by Gustavo6046 »

The screenshots seems great, and I'm sure this map will turn out awesome!

I wonder how you do such terrain, and I don't know how to detail my maps, that's why nowadays I just map for Doom :P
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

For this sort of terrain you just have to get creative with the 2d shape editor, throw in a few deformed sphears and do a bit of vertex editing. Works well for small areas and 'corridors' like this.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The stochastic trigger, pulses event tag randomly has a time of how often you want them to trigger. Trigger them and it will keep running sending the event.
Binary Space Partitioning
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

Red_Fist wrote:The stochastic trigger, pulses event tag randomly has a time of how often you want them to trigger. Trigger them and it will keep running sending the event.
yeah iv half figured this out. what are the timing units in ued? Does 1.00000 = 1 second? Iv got 2 lights with thesame tag as the 1st event in the stochastic trigger. And fiddled around during with the timings, but it's not doing anything yet! :noidea
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Eviltom wrote:And fiddled around during with the timings, but it's not doing anything yet! :noidea
Maybe this? Quote from the wiki: Dont forget to set the InitialState of the trigger under "Object" in its properties, else it wont work!
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Is this to be Deathmatch of MonsterHunt?

I'm getting an MH vibe.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Eviltom
Skilled

Post by Eviltom »

EvilGrins wrote:Is this to be Deathmatch of MonsterHunt?

I'm getting an MH vibe.
it's going to be a DOM level I think. With a DM version. Iv not played Monster hunt but it seems to get mentioned alot , is it still popular?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Eviltom wrote:Iv not played Monster hunt but it seems to get mentioned alot , is it still popular?
Most of the still active servers seem to be MH ones, more than any other gametype... from what I've seen.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758