MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aldebaran
Masterful

MH-Vengeance - SOLVED

Post by Aldebaran »

In the last time i played some monster hunt maps where you need some tricks to solve them. I don't find the way out sometimes although I give my best :lol:
I thought about to open a thread here about those maps to exchange tips. But most mappers don't find it good perhaps...

Few days ago I played a map never seen before. It is called MH-Vengeance.
I had the problem to solve the map, no way out, 17 monsters left and I don't find them. But the design of the map is so impressive for me, very nice textures and lightning... I love to play this map...

So I am forced to ask here because I want to play this hole map!!! I can't find any info in the internet :-(
I am stuck where the big translucent Mercenary is in one of the big two halls, after his death i don't find the next goal.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Re: MH-Vengeance

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:after his death i don't find the next goal.
Simple: there is none :lol2:
I'm always interested in new MH maps and had a look at it - it is neither DM, TDM, CFT, LMS nor MH, and a GameType is not set. Although the prefix MH indicates, the map does not use anything of the MonsterHunt package, no MonsterEnd, no MonsterWayPoint, etc. I got the impression of an unfinished map, because there are unreachable but worth playable areas equipped with monsters, movers, light and even PathNodes. But you simply can't reach it.
Maybe someone wants to put hand on this map and finish it; from the layout it's worth it.
Aldebaran wrote:open a thread here about those maps to exchange tips
Unless it is a really tricky map using UnrealEd to inspect the game flow is enough, isn't it?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Not familiar with that map.

Is this it? · http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... ap&id=1846

I'll give it a go when I get home.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's not the single map like this. Recall others by EA_Dude which are a mess at tech chapter...
For memories, I'm gonna play with it. probably it needs full paths End, Waypoints, some Teleporters I guess, Events Tags, and so on... in fact it needs everything for being claimed map. Looking at Barbie's description it do seems only a file stupidly saved from Editor and left unfinished. Since I don't see it playable it's hard to believe that it has "rating stars" proving that people are generally mentally unstable as long as they are rating a trash and they like to live in trash, for such things my rating is -100. If Level won't finish colors are pointless...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I took a quick run though, got up to the boss mercenary and couldn't figure where to go after that. Then I looked at it in UnrealEd and saw tons of things and monsters I didn't see anywhere in the map. There's a bunch of teleporters I see in UnrealEd but I didn't see any but 1 in the map.

This needs a lot more thorough of a play than I can do right now.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Then read again what Barbie was saying...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

OK, you guys are dumb, lol, now I have to look.

Oh but of course, no place to download it, the forum makes you sign in and it looks like UTfiles com is gone, again. :cry:
Binary Space Partitioning
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:it's hard to believe that it has "rating stars"
You cannot be sure that the downloadable version has the same game flow as if it is on server - maybe it is runtime-patched on the server and the users have rated the version that they have been playing on server not knowing that it not the same as the downloadable version.
(I do this runtime-patching (adding, deleting or modifying teleporters, triggers, events and so on) with some maps; for example the Slith area in MH-UM-EscherStairsV2 is reachable only on my server but not if played locally (except ghost mode :-P)).
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:Oh but of course, no place to download it
There is, I included a link above... although you gotta be a member of DU to use it.
sektor2111 wrote:it's hard to believe that it has "rating stars"
A lot of the DU maps are geared for players, they don't rate by pathing... and it may be whoever did the rating knows something about the map we don't yet.

For the record, that anime texture...
...for open doorways is skeeving me out!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well that sucks, such a nice looking map, so this thing works online ?

Could it be a section of another map that you go in and leave somehow ? I don't see how but could be teleporters, not map ends.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:Could it be a section of another map that you go in and leave somehow ? I don't see how but could be teleporters, not map ends.
When I have time and I'm not deep in zombie-mode (bad work schedule, not sleeping well) my best guess would be to go into ghost mode, go through some walls to another section of the map, and then use the teleports there to see if I can find my way back to the parts of the map I already know about.

Even though I don't see any connection to the "boss" Mercenary (listed as TeleportMerc1) I kinda figure when he dies something opens somewhere and that's the teleport... but I haven't really been in the right frame of mind to look for it so far.

Opened a thread on DU on this · http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... highlight= · maybe somebody there who knows the map's secrets can clue me in eventually.

I'm thinking it may be the other room. Outside the room with the TeleportMerc in it there's a hallway and on the opposite end is another room identical to the one with the Merc in it... but nothing's in there. Maybe there's a hidden teleport??
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Maybe there's a hidden teleport??
Open UEd2 and load the map ...now you can see the actors and with visible bot-paths you'll see every connected teleporter. Even so it might be hidden (draw-scale trick).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:Even though I don't see any connection to the "boss" Mercenary (listed as TeleportMerc1) I kinda figure when he dies something opens somewhere and that's the teleport...
TeleportMerc1.Event is "None", so nothing happens on its death. Because it is a MyLevel'd pawn, I had a look at the code also: the only addition is "state Teleporting" to have him teleporting like a queen.
EvilGrins wrote:Maybe there's a hidden teleport??
I already checked that as written above: no.
EvilGrins wrote:but nothing's in there.
Unfinished... :lol: BTW: Did you notice the (normally unreachable because too high) movers in the two big halls at front side? They look like secrets, but they hide ... nothing.

Another thing that convinced me of an unfinished or broken map: ZoneInfo, LiftCenter and PathNode placed in the void:
RoadToNowhere.jpg
triple_ooo
Novice

Post by triple_ooo »

Lazy mappers or lazy admins that don't care about running unfinished / broken maps?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

triple_ooo wrote:Lazy mappers or lazy admins that don't care about running unfinished / broken maps?
YES ! Rating stars are probably from clueless people anyway, Youtube is just showing what I.Q. have some of them.
EvilGrins wrote:A lot of the DU maps are geared for players, they don't rate by pathing... and it may be whoever did the rating knows something about the map we don't yet.
It's not about damn pathing MAP HAS NO END, capish ? It won't end unless you have an special actor for patching it in runtime (as Barbie said) by adding EVENT to Merc and firing a MonsterEnd (let's say around central panel from room). That stupid Merc doesn't have any EVENT to trigger, nothing will open. The other left area has nothing (unfinished ?)
Red_Fist wrote:OK, you guys are dumb, lol, now I have to look.
YES, especially me, and this guy making these maps is 10 × dumber than me. Yes, go and check others by EA_Dude - see "monsters" and "weapons". Any questions ? Except colored walls, tech chapter is at duck's knee Level in these maps.
The only way to finish this map is in a bad way - time limit. You run for finding secret mushrooms or green horses on walls until time is up and then... BINGO ! We have lost the match ! Now someone please go and find our lost match LOL :loool: .
Rated my a$$. Intelligence seems shared to people from planet. The many they are, the less they get. Also it's amazing to see at Bot Suport Info section AlternatePath check box (with/without). What the fuck has to do AlternatePath with MonsterHunt ? This proves 0 skill at this chapter so I'm not supposed to see Bot Support there.
Barbie wrote:(I do this runtime-patching (adding, deleting or modifying teleporters, triggers, events and so on) with some maps; for example the Slith area in MH-UM-EscherStairsV2 is reachable only on my server but not if played locally (except ghost mode :-P)).
This is not my way because of a small logic. Uncachers (a lot now days) might take map as a good one and learning the wrong way. Remember that here nobody wants a MH forum section for learning things so all MH stuff goes hard to read being spread here an there and guessing based - even if MH is a game played more than other games. EG still believe in secrets - something to do or whatever. Yes, there is a secret: MapVote solving problem in run-time, LOL.
By doing the right setup I made it to work. The problem is: Doesn't worth. It's less action 6-7 minutes with Bots and map has 13 MB+, so downloading a lot of data for nothing remember me by map DarkPass. I was fascinated by silence trigger added at begining (btw).