Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Some questions about MonsterHunt2 (Gold)

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:when I die I do not respawn
As usual the question: are there any hints in the log files? And can you reproduce the issue? If so, I'd leave out all mutators and test, if it still happens. If not, add Mutators again step by step until the problem occurs.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie, this issue is not logged is just bad idea and bad code. When pawn takes damage under water and health at a moment is 0 Zero Pawn is claimed "dead" but regenerator is still loading health right in next millisecond. When player in state dead has life bigger than 0 will get stuck happens even in UTJ mods out of water because that code is crap. As another note, bonuses coming in these mods are not checking player's health. You might receive health during death resulting in a player stuck doing nothing. I was living these already many times. YOU NEED to modify regenerator and if is caused by NW3 call Ferali to solve problem, trust me, regenerating under water is a dumb idea and is annoying as hell. Water takes damage drowning you, and regenerator is adding back some life. Looks stupid and that gasp sound taking so long makes no sense. These issues are caused by "development" which was never needed.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Ah, that sounds reasonable, thanks. (I deactivated Regen-in-Water in my servers so I have never run into that issue.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

After changing the value in the NW3 configuration the problem exists longer. I tested it with map MH-MonsterArena_beta8 and it happens in water and the slime there. I can not exactly reproduce the situation. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. But I had this problem in another map too.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Timer for damaging player is against timer for regenerating player. Don't you understand that you need other regen code not another setup ? Simply pawn deadly damaged by zone is regenerated in next moment causing a state dead with health = A MESS. Only suicide probably is solving issue else if you like this regenerator you can add ANOTHER tool for more load, guarding player dead with health and forcing a respawn. Is not much recommended to fix regen rather than pushing another trash ?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

In the file NWExtrasCfg.ini I set HealthRegenPerSec=0.
Now the problem with not to respawn when killed in water seems to be solved.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Quick Recall note:
If I'm thinking at the old thread toward releasing Gold if memory doesn't cheat me it was not recommended with any NW stuff or such complex things. Risks for not respecting rules belongs to admins...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I have a reason to bump this old thread...
I saw on some Monster Hunt 2 Gold server they deactivate clientside the HUD option "Use Team Color in Team Games" right after join so the players HUD can have another color as the standard red one. And when disconnecting from the server this option is set back as it was before joining the server.
I tried all options that comes in question without success so how can I activate this mode in the Monster Hunt 2 Gold Mod? Is there a hidden option?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:so the players HUD can have another color as the standard red one
Do you mean such as what I tried in the thread Team effects in Monsterhunt?
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

You will stay in the red team which is standard in MH2Gold, but your HUD can be blue if the MH2Gold Mod deactivates clientside the HUD option "Use Team Color in Team Games" under UT99 preferences. All this has nothing to do with skins, they don't change their color.
I only want to change the HUD color and I wonder why some standard MH2Gold server do so and I don't think they use an additional mutator for that. It seems it will be done with the MH2Gold Mod directly.
I mess a long time now with that HUD color. I found a way by changing some source code in my custom Mod but the Nexgen chat area don't change it's color too, so it's not that what I am looking for.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

TDM vs DM (in short terms) operates some changes toward teaming problem for preventing color confusing teams, these measures are not necessary in MH using one team. Whatever small server-actor (only a few KB) can improve server or can mess it up. How ? There are default properties of a game-type which can go screwed even if are not in INI. I recall some of them as bCanChangeSkin=True but bCanChangeTeam=False or something like these, else some functions which are added by TeamGamePlus toward colors can be nullified overwritten as nothing, just to leave DM alone and only adding hunters (any hunter) in team 0 with any skin, any color and you can remove that duplicated code from HUD because is pointless, HUD color is player option not server option, Player might have an affinity for his own color, in MH this was a dumb idea after all and somehow messed up - that line in original MH does an error in player proving that it has no purpose. In current stage I'm playing using a MonsterHud with my own color (from menu choice) in HUD because server running the game should mind those authoritative things not my HUD.
The rest of Nexgen borks will always haunt you, sometimes I really don't get what's so interesting at Nexgen which cannot deal with a less logic for a team game using one team as MH ? I will not mention that Nexgen has a client side with options as well - THERE is another set of options available which server will not touch that much.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Ok, I think I don't investigate more time in this. It is not so that the playing fun stops only because of an unattractive HUD color...

EDIT: I saw now that the HUD thing in MH2Gold only happens if Nexgen is not used, so thats no option for me.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I'm sorry for the odd issues that come up with MH2. I was still very much learning about Uscript so there was bound to be issues. That's why I released the source code along with the mod. It's super easy to make your own custom version to fix what I may have messed up. Trust me, I look at it now and go "Ugh."

You should delete MH2 and switch over to Nels version. It's superior in nearly every way. I made MH2 because I wanted all the things I used put into a single place but I wasn't skilled enough yet to deal with serious issues MH caused. Nels very much is and dealt with them wonderfully.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

JackGriffin wrote:You should delete MH2 and switch over to Nels version.
Not entirely agree, let me quote explanations.
My target was game, A.I., some weaponry old frustrations. Nowadays goal of MH is protecting player with any matter, giving it more options as possible and monster capable of dying only. Times when real MH players are joining to a party went to sunset for some time. Without a scoreboard with at least 128 colors and timers to mess up Bots, the entire mod "sucks" regarding to the rest of 100 things which now are better, also resources are open for modifications. Perhaps I have to teleport some XCMH scoreboard and to fix little things (mover toggler, no-replacing-old-stuff was still replacing old health types - my fault).
The rest of Stats counting which one killed more stupid pupaes for me is pointless - I have never checked such stuff...
MH504 + desired stuff is not successful because... like XCMH, doesn't include regenerators. XCMH has options for extra-tweaking, has configurable replacements, and probably is supporting 3000 actors in big parts, but all these good things are discarded because 0 skill player doesn't have at least 10 advantages in front of a poor fly with 70 health :loool: .
Can I continue ? A corpse type monster giving you new killing options and another score amount was not loved because those monsters were small :lol2: . I killed 10 at once with a dispersion load at 200 ms Ping with no single eye blink... What is that hard after all ? Killing a monster with 15 health ? Yeah that's very hard... I took a break from coding MH things just because I don't want to throw up at "feed-back"... and "interesting" requests.