Run from Cheetahs | 100% Impulse Tracker Music

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Run from Cheetahs | 100% Impulse Tracker Music

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hello fellas! :mrgreen:

I did finally a music that is actually good, i.e. not the trash like Spawnkiller Addict I used to do ages ago! Well, I have been posting many musics in Gustavo's MIDI Packs 1 - 5 over at Doomworld, however, this is a glorious moment to remember, the month I got adept (or godlike? :ironic: ) on musics!

And, I will demonstrate this, with the pinnacle of my glory: Run from the Cheetahs!

(i.e. run from me :D )

So, I used a few samples from Go Down, but hey, I guess they'd be proud of how I have been doing with their samples either, and Go Down is pretty old already! :P

And I cleaned up unused parts from the original music (including all their patterns!).
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Higor
Godlike

Re: Run from Cheetahs | 100% Impulse Tracker Music

Post by Higor »

The background instrument that sounds nearly all the track is kind of repetitive.
Let's say you keep it for the first 15 seconds (introduction/warmup) and then add 'beats' on every tempo (or rythm timer, i suck at translation) and you'll have an actual high quality action FPS music.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

This... actually didn't sound bad (my ears aren't bleeding, so that's a plus :ironic: )
In fact with Higor's mentioned changes this would sound even better. :thuup:
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

UnrealGecko wrote:This... actually didn't sound bad
Thank you!
(my ears aren't bleeding, so that's a plus :ironic: )
:loool:
In fact with Higor's mentioned changes this would sound even better. :thuup:
Thank you; I guess the small pause in the middle of the music was judged enough at first, but I need a complete change... something that I difficultly do good enough :ironic:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

A little tip on project (and personal) presentation.
People with genuine talent never boast about it, because they don't need to. Their work speaks for its self.
People with limited talent put more effort into telling you how good they are (think of politicians and managers).

On to the track...
Very promising. I like the pace and rhythm, but your sample selection is terrible. The instruments sound like basic General MIDI samples.
There is no dynamic range.
Use a better bass guitar with more bass, and it will stand out more.
A Higor points out it gets monotonous after a while, but I think a lot of that is down to the samples all being so similar in pitch.

You must always remember to end where you started so the track loops seamlessly.
The easiest way is to start and end with ambience or beat-less sound.
As this means you need to change your rhythm at the beginning and end, remember you can do it in the middle too.

I will attach a few of my favourite tracker mods I already prepared as UMX files.
UMX will open in most tracker players, so no need to worry about what format they really are.
Attachments
SepultangUMX.rar
Sepultang selection
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
VariousUMX.rar
Selection of good quality tracker mods
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Dr.Flay wrote:SepultangUMX
Whow, is Pattern 7 in Nysprit.umx intended or is that file simply broken? :lol2:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Thanks for the tips "nurse"! :P

By the way, I made two new test .it's to see if I could get a bit better than that. :/

Me! | No, Mission Landing samples are better! | Who told this? Mechanism Eight! <3 | That has too little melodic samples, like, non-mechanismed crap! :P | Hey! I'm fast-paced too! | Different musics fit for different situations... wait! | Yeah... I guess we are good for our maps. Can we be friends? <3 | Yeah! <3 | The End

Why this much? :ironic: :tongue: :P And it's too sweet, gonna put some Skaarj in the middle... I only need a few grins for this :D

Also, I'd love to see those musics! <3 But I am kinda bored and lazy... :(

Weapon of Destruction
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Barbie wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote:SepultangUMX
Whow, is Pattern 7 in Nysprit.umx intended or is that file simply broken? :lol2:
I always thought of it as a quick pace change, but you could be right.
Shame I can't find the original file.
Gustavo6046 wrote:Also, I'd love to see those musics! <3 But I am kinda bored and lazy... :(
Just play them with any player with tracker support, or open with OpenModPlugTracker if you want to poke around them.
http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Oh look! Another music. :P

Fiber Tension

I did no inspiration, yet this one probably went to be one of my best musics (not very good from what I guess are your views)!

----
I just posted it here because, yeah, I need to compare et al.

Weapon of Destruction
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Much better in all departments.
It has transition/movement and variety, and with a more dynamic sound range.
A good atmosphere track, and very enjoyable to :tu:

BTW. My criticisms are not because I was saying you are no good, but that you still have much to learn, and plenty of time to get there.
The day you make a tracker mod that fools everyone, and they think it is a pro production, on that day you get to wear your crown as the King of tracker modules.

Keep it up and that won't be too far away.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Dr.Flay wrote:Much better in all departments.
It has transition/movement and variety, and with a more dynamic sound range.
A good atmosphere track, and very enjoyable to :tu:

BTW. My criticisms are not because I was saying you are no good, but that you still have much to learn, and plenty of time to get there.
The day you make a tracker mod that fools everyone, and they think it is a pro production, on that day you get to wear your crown as the King of tracker modules.

Keep it up and that won't be too far away.
Ooh, thanks! By the way:

Construction's Bare Bones!

(don't mind if you think some parts of the image are off, actually it's not lol)

Weapon of Destruction