need to identify a monster

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

need to identify a monster

Post by EvilGrins »

What is this?

I've got them on my system somewhere but I'm totally blanking on what they're called.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: need to identify a monster

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:What is this?
Another sort of stuff breaking maps with NONE Event.
I think I'll call it TrashArbager, I mean a combination between trash and garbage.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

sektor2111 wrote:
I think I'll call it TrashArbager, I mean a combination between trash and garbage.
How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

Isnt that a monster from serious sam? Ported to UT?

uZuFq9iumRY

They are called marsch hoppers. There is your indentification

GMtZsfzVH6c

======== Offtopic
For those who are not familiar with Serious Sam is some online gameplay
========

ASRf7KincWA

Best fun starts at 6:00

Rhaaaaarhhrhhhaaaaaaarhrhrhrhaaaaagh
This member can only post when permitted.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@EvilGrins - which map are they in?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UnrealGecko wrote:How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
How do you did not read UT forums (old ones as Hermskii's one - pretty popular related to MH), where EG was tweaking a Brute][ version replacing some factory with this TrashArbager and then End's Door did not open. So to speak when you kill normally that monster Is getting vanished calling Destroy(), no event, no animation, NOTHING - yes I KNOW IT if we speak about the same one else it has the same look as that old one which was crapping that map making it endless. Else if I well recall when this monster does melee attack it is damaging and the same destroy gets called. Then Q... xxxx whatever does the same things as long as the dude coding them probably never heard about state "Waiting" or such...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Terraniux wrote:Isnt that a monster from serious sam? Ported to UT?
Yeah, but I couldn't remember what they were called.
UnrealGecko wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:
How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
Did, a long time ago in a discussion on Hermskii's forum. I was trying to figure out how they were screwing up a map I edited at the time.
OjitroC wrote:@EvilGrins - which map are they in?
They're currently not. One of my numerous variants but they were screwing up the monster-counters so I deleted it.
sektor2111 wrote:
UnrealGecko wrote:How do you know that if you havent even tried it yet? :confused2: ... or did you?
How do you did not read UT forums (old ones as Hermskii's one - pretty popular related to MH), where EG was tweaking a Brute][ version
Not everyone is on all the same forums as everybody else. I only ever discussed this particular beastie on Herm's forum, and that was years ago.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Ahh ok, sorry about that, did not know about the Herm discussion. Shame these beasties are broken then, as they look like thingys I really wanna slice with a ripper :(
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

UnrealGecko wrote:Ahh ok, sorry about that, did not know about the Herm discussion. Shame these beasties are broken then, as they look like thingys I really wanna slice with a ripper :(
1) Old thread on Herm's forum · http://hermskii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2916 · they're on page 7 of that.
2) If I still have them, I'll share them... but I can't remember which .u file has them in them and I've got like hundreds of those to sort through.

The issue had to do with their attack is basically a kamikaze suicide run thing. They run at players/bots and explode with toxic gas on contact. This caused an issue with the counters that kept track of monsters up the point all were gone, so as to open the exit... but they'd work fine enough as a challenge on any map that didn't specifically have an exit dependent on counters.

Stretch back I got my hands on a map (had Sektor bot-path it) that's from Serious Sam for MonsterHunt. I'd like these demented little frogs for that in one particular aspect of it.

That'd be this · http://www.unrealfuzz.com/forums/viewto ... f=34&t=721