UT Server Host Discussions

Discussions about Servers
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: UT Server Host Discussions

Post by Chamberly »

An update on Fragnet, not much changes since but more experience being with them longer.
Spoiler
Name: Fragnet
Link: http://www.fragnet.net/
Features offered: Renting server, webspace hosting, voice hosting (VOIP) such as Mumble, Ventrilo, and Teamspeak 3 offering easy panel access.
I have a 10 slot TS3 from this. & More other stuff they offer.
What game type you have: This only come down to what you set up. The server will install v436 first but offer a easy upgrade to v451 & v451b. Including MapVoteLA13 and ACEv08h as they are not automatically installed first.
Meanwhile my server is set up with many other custom features, it's still using v436 for the best of XC_GameEngine. ;)
So my server is based on the mapvote to provide as a multi-gametype server.

Hosted in what country: Georgia, USA (Best for South American, they love their ping low.)
But you can choose any rental spot they have available.
Global System: Windows (idr if they have linux.)
Global redirect: Doesn't come with the server for free.
FTP access: Yes, full support.
Good Support: So far I'll say 9/10.
Use of Bots in Server: This is something you can set up on your own too. UT Bots or Ferbotz or any bots you like of such.
Use of monsters: This is something you can set up on your own too. Including MH.
Web admin: I turn this one off, I don't use it.
Quick response for admin support: Generally, 10/10... - I'm so random so this is my fault as they aren't always around during non-business time. lol.
Any dis-likes about the host, (not to be used for flaming): When they have a crash, I lost all of my files, only once this year (2015) since I started this server rent. This is something where we still have to manage to keep backup of files.
Another thing they don't have ATM (Which I already put in a ticket to request for in favor of the server crash) is making backup logs if the server crash. This is something I really need in prior to keep researching what the server is doing and how the mods are doing, and finding anything that I missed such as a file or so.
New review!
Name: NFOServer
Link: https://www.nfoservers.com/
Features offered: Server rent, webhost, VOIP. Very different Admin panel than above but very useful as well. & A lot more.
I have a mumble server 10 slot from this.
What game type you have: Same as above, set up anything. Except for this one, it come with v451 I think. Trying my best to remember.

Hosted in what country: Atlanta, GA USA
Global System: Windows. (idr if they have linux.)
Global redirect: I have redirect use from this host, came free with order of 10 slot.
FTP access: Yes, full support for both server and webhost.
Good Support: Good as usual. 10/10
Use of Bots in Server: However you want to set up.
Use of monsters: However you want to set up.
Web admin: I don't use.
Quick response for admin support: Generally, 10/10... - I'm so random so this is my fault as they aren't always around during non-business time. lol.
Any dis-likes about the host, (not to be used for flaming): Hmm. Only 1 thing, when the server is running, I can't view the server.log but can view the oldserver.log lol.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

I been looking for more server hosting for those who also use Windows OS.

However I came across such website like this and find it somewhat helpful and interesting, wonder if I can get other to help and gather.
http://nazeboo.com/server-hosting/unrea ... r-hosting/
and another list...
http://comparegamehosting.com/game/unreal-tournament/

I know 3 brands they have out there and not the rest. Have anyone had any experience with the rest of them?
I'm gonna try out one of them and edit back into the post.

Edit: I have asked 2 server hosting!
-Ping Perfect, all of their servers are Windows OS based - Windows Server 2012 R2
-Elite Game Server - "Our servers do indeed run on Windows, we currently use Windows Server 2012 R2"

So far..
-Both doesn't allow custom .dll upload, but can upload via support ticket for review and approval to put it into your system file.
However, I asked more question and got answers. They don't give out the files to anyone else. (Security reason here, which is for me to mention.)

---------------------------------
Now for VDS!

I got my first VDS @ https://www.digitalocean.com/. Using the lowest payment of a package they offer, and they only have linux based OS and several kinds. They DO offer free credit, which is awesome and it's my first time working with linux for UT99.

I've picked Ubuntu, and installed UT99 from this -> https://gameservermanagers.com/lgsm/ut99server/
Server is running fine. I have yet to find where is the commandline. Will report back.
So far, that package has came with:
ut99-server-451-ultimate-linux
-------------------------------
Created for use with LGSM
http://gameservermanagers.com

This server includes the following files pre-installed:

ut-server-436.tar.gz
UTPGPatch451.tar.bz2
UTBonusPack.zip
UTBonusPack2.zip
UTInoxxPack.zip (Pack 3)
UTBonusPack4.zip
Ew... I guess I'll have to find a way and just install v436 myself, since downgrade isn't working with this custom set up.
Last edited by Chamberly on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Btw, some of those services have limited access to stuff, if you want logs with time-stamp you'll drop them on fog and then you cannot configure them by yourself because of "access rights" at repositories. It's not my problem after all how do they are losing customers... Else they might put you into a firewall config... not entirely that helpful for configuring game-server itself...
:|
99UT
Novice

Post by 99UT »

Hi Folks, I startet a server for german players or any high latency lovers outside Germany :ironic:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .222:7777/

Classic level set-up, very basic, no fancy extras.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Nice! It's pretty hard to find servers runnin' "nude" out there. I mean runnin' without fancy mods etc.
Thank you!
99UT
Novice

Post by 99UT »

You're welcome :D As the Vserver is only 4 €/Month I think I'll keep it up for a while.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

99UT wrote:Hi Folks, I startet a server for german players or any high latency lovers outside Germany :ironic:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .222:7777/

Classic level set-up, very basic, no fancy extras.
You know this is for host discussion and not server discussion? Please pay attention here.
If you really rather just want to advertise your server to get traffic, wrong thread/topic here.
Instead, make a new topic and post there like this one. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6167
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I think if I ran a server vote thing one category would be "jumping maps" but I would never run those blasted things, Yuck !!

But I would never run them anyway, it's UT not Mario Brothers.
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Red_Fist wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:29 pm I think if I ran a server vote thing one category would be "jumping maps" but I would never run those blasted things, Yuck !!

But I would never run them anyway, it's UT not Mario Brothers.
uhm... Red_Fist, wrong thread?

Last post was Nov 06, 2016.
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I know Citadel Servers are providing OldUnreal hosting and support the most recent versions, they have a fair few mods as one click installs and allow .dll uploads. Staff appear helpful so far for me with live chat and support tickets
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Brandon wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:16 am I know Citadel Servers are providing OldUnreal hosting and support the most recent versions, they have a fair few mods as one click installs and allow .dll uploads. Staff appear helpful so far for me with live chat and support tickets
The last post was from Aug 28, 2020

Please avoid to exhume threads which are older than 3 Months. And where the discussion is already obsolete.
House Rules

Thank you.

=CLOSED=