Map Edit for anybody

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Map Edit for anybody

Post by sektor2111 »

I'm curious how do works pathing on a surface which doesn't exist - because this is what I was finding and then I quit blabbering there.
bolvai
Novice

Post by bolvai »

huh guys, im quite impressed someone is interested in using Lineage 2 maps, but did you made it up from zero(with umodel) ? Or you extraced t3d from maps ?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

bolvai wrote:huh guys, im quite impressed someone is interested in using Lineage 2 maps, but did you made it up from zero(with umodel) ? Or you extraced t3d from maps ?
I think you misunderstood ... EvilGrins didn't made this map THUNDERBOLT did but he isn't active at our forum.
bolvai
Novice

Post by bolvai »

papercoffee wrote:
bolvai wrote:huh guys, im quite impressed someone is interested in using Lineage 2 maps, but did you made it up from zero(with umodel) ? Or you extraced t3d from maps ?
I think you misunderstood ... EvilGrins didn't made this map THUNDERBOLT did but he isn't active at our forum.
Xm but what about LevelDesigners that can work with UnrealEd 3.0, and are able to redisgn maps like Lineage2, if i need a guy like that with payble request, who i can ask here ?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I am the one currently in charge of editing/pathing and MH-converting that map and Enslaved. ^_^
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
bolvai
Novice

Post by bolvai »

Gustavo6046 wrote:I am the one currently in charge of editing/pathing and MH-converting that map and Enslaved. ^_^
Did you make it from zero or just exported t3d ?

And where can i find a guy who can work with editing Lineage2 Maps, for UnrealEd3.0
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

I can do the monster setup, when I finish my current project(s), if there is another participant needed. Go on.
This member can only post when permitted.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

bolvai wrote:
Gustavo6046 wrote:I am the one currently in charge of editing/pathing and MH-converting that map and Enslaved. ^_^

And where can i find a guy who can work with editing Lineage2 Maps, for UnrealEd3.0
THUNDERBOLT made it from zero, exporting a few T3Ds. I have a Blender to T3D exporter though.
I am editing his map from zero though.

> I think that guy could be me, I learnt to do nice structures with the Cube Builder. Now I need to learn on detail design. Anyone?
If only I had UnrealEd 3.0... >.<
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

And I'm in charge to tell you that you not in charge for anything.
You are just one guy who tries to path an unfinished map.
Gustavo6046 wrote:If only I had UnrealEd 3.0... >.<
Buy UT3 ...then you have it.

Stop confusing people!!
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

papercoffee wrote:
UnrealEd 3.0 is UT2004.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Hellkeeper wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
UnrealEd 3.0 is UT2004.
Even better!

Yeah, of course is it for ut2k4...Silly me... I'm tiered and moody. Sorry for that.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Ok, maybe I'm not in charge, but once I finish both maps you will notice them!
papercoffee wrote: Yeah, of course is it for ut2k4...Silly me... I'm tiered and moody. Sorry for that.
I know you don't wanna hug... but, don't feel sorry. I am more annoying, I think ^_^

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Seems like a good map for warlords
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Ok, maybe I'm not in charge, but once I finish both maps you will notice them!
I gotta admit is needed some Editor 5.0 for making movers and things to switch states and materials which doesn't exist in UT and for more bugs as possible and crashes at server and/or player...
Did you find that surface with BSP problems ? I'm interested why was bugged - explanations around a mapping bad move. Nope ? Good luck with "charge" pathing and the rest on a geometry messed up.
Let me tell you a secret, sshhhht, keep it hidden, some people did good 300K/512K contest maps with no blender and useless buggers - see there How To use Editor, the rest is mooing only.
bolvai
Novice

Post by bolvai »

Gustavo6046 wrote:
bolvai wrote:

THUNDERBOLT made it from zero, exporting a few T3Ds. I have a Blender to T3D exporter though.
I am editing his map from zero though.

> I think that guy could be me, I learnt to do nice structures with the Cube Builder. Now I need to learn on detail design. Anyone?
If only I had UnrealEd 3.0... >.<
Well i need someone who allready worked with unrealEd 3.0 .