MH-KillThemAll[EG] - Too reflective

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-KillThemAll[EG] - Too reflective

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:I think a texture edit is needed for this thing, same map, but look different :D
Oh, I have been · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/107419.html · but the problem is finding enough simple textures for the walls. I want them to mostly be bland, with a few exceptions, but not too... well, blah.

Somewhere in this forum someone was discussing midi-mapping for large textures, which if I understood that correctly (probably not) meant taking a given large surface and dividing it into smaller areas.

Each of the walls in each room is 2 LARGE PANELS. Basically, each wall has 2 spaces for 1 texture each. A bit more complexity might make for trickier texture selections, but whatever I selected would look a lot better.

Despite obvious differences between the editors of the original 16-bit Wolfenstein and ut99, a lot of the time looking at this map in UnrealEd I'm reminded of Wolfenstein 3-D.

Monsters are mostly selected, though I may change a few. Weapons are mostly normal, an instagib seems a bit much but there's a couple monsters on that map where that gun doesn't seem nearly powerful enough (may move it to an area further into the map than the starting point). Just need to finish the texture selections so I can get it to people willing to path it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, ready for some bot-pathing!

Link-a-dink · http://www.mediafire.com/file/ggi563lkc ... 5Dzeta.zip

A few things:
· Leave the boxes alone, the redeemers can blow them away with 1 shot. It's okay if you only kill 1 group of monsters at a time.
· Don't mess with the creature factories. It's okay there's an insane number of monsters coming outta some of them.
· There's a couple creature factories that aren't setup for monsters. Think of those as rest areas.

Please, path this map so bots can stand a chance and I can sleep periodically. Do it for the Gorn:

I replaced most of the textures on the map, but not all. Turns out I didn't have as many spares as I thought... hence why there's a cheese room at the moment. After pathing I can go back with more textures I'll start looking for now.

Instagib is still on the map but I moved it to the room with the OMG in it... because you really don't need it until after then.
Spoiler

I think I got all the files it needs... for the most part. Probably.

Sektor, you may have an issue as the predators (2-legged reptiles) are on this map and they're from the predator.u, which you also have for something else on your system if memory serves. Maybe temporarily move that before trying the map?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:Sektor, you may have an issue as the predators (2-legged reptiles) are on this map and they're from the predator.u, which you also have for something else on your system if memory serves. Maybe temporarily move that before trying the map?
Meh, if some smarty ass made other "predator" as player I won't load that crap in my systems. I keep Monster file otherwise will break all maps using Predator by loading garbage Bots. So... in meantime I'm gonna look closer at file predator (MONSTER FILE ONLY) because I think has interesting stuff and... Player shite is not that interesting plus troubles brought.

Aside There are no CreatureFactories (as you mentioned) map has bad spam setup using "ThingFactories". I won't be able to check Bot (only paths) because... it takes age. So to speak is wrong wrapped first should be Bot with 5 monsters in each room spawned in order to check entire map route else 400 Monsters will take until Christmas.

My To Do: Cap Factories temporary until Bot Routes are checked (because are done - to not see infinite loops between 2-3 points), later adding in NsUTw removal of SpawnPoint spam trash or... replacing ThingFactories with CreatureFactories, because whoever made map is just another ignorant spammer (probably non english speaker considering words from original walls "comeing for get you").
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:if some smarty ass made other "predator" as player I won't load that crap in my systems.
A few years back you played a map I edited that had them on it but on your system there was a conflict because you already had a predator.u that was for something else. Led to a few arguments... that's all I'm saying.
sektor2111 wrote:There are no CreatureFactories (as you mentioned) map has bad spam setup using "ThingFactories".
Close enough.
sektor2111 wrote:replacing ThingFactories with CreatureFactories
SPG, guy from DU, and maybe... but you can do that, right? Cuz I likely can't.

Most of my edits I largely work with what's there. I've no idea how to even make a factory of either type.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I know Predator story, servers having that player package won't be able to have monster inside maps, and I go for monsters the rest doesn't exist for me. That's not an usual mismatch is stupid coding goofing. Like I said multiple times for coding/modding related stuff, PICK a PERSONAL NAME for packages not GENERIC craps. Example Predator_Ums (/Unreal Monster) and the same for player Predator_Upl (/Unreal Player) and then everybody could play as predators players against predators monsters, but at this moment it's in dreaming stage, due to extremely intelligent stuff which is "properly" conflicting and which is already done.

Edit:
A few fixes have been done:
- lights from void removed - were just non-senses;
- cubing spree ? Not really not even some stupid cubes weren't aligned;
- SpawnPoints - load paths USELESS - Each dumb Factory is using 16 the rest is trash for map;
- PlayerStart - 30 pieces - Woow! I think MonsterHunt won't use more than 16 anyway only loading some mutator this feature might be expanded a bit, so again we have useless paths - removed to 16;
- Changes ThingFactories with CreatureFactories preventing a bit of spam, because >>>
Spoiler
UnrealTournament.Log wrote: ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid0 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid1 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid2 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid3 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid4 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid5 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid6 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid7 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid8 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid9 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid10 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid11 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid12 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid13 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid14 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid15 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid16 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
DevMusic: Load music: Music ScARobZombieWhiteZombi.ScARobZombieWhiteZombi
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid2 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: Squid MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.Squid3 (State UnrealI.Squid.Flopping:001A) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Flopping' not found in Mesh 'Squid1'
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.DeathMatchPlus.Killed:009C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.MonsterHunt0 (Function Botpack.DeathMatchPlus.Killed:009C) Accessed None
Log: TMale1Bot1 fell out of the world!
ScriptWarning: MonsterHunt MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.MonsterHunt0 (Function MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt.Killed:004B) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale1Bot MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.TMale1Bot1 (Function Botpack.Bot.Acquisition.TakeDamage:000C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TFemale2Bot MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.TFemale2Bot1 (Function Botpack.Bot.Acquisition.TakeDamage:000C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion0 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion1 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion2 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion3 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion4 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion5 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion6 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion8 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion9 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion10 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion11 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion12 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion13 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion14 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion15 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion16 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion17 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion18 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion19 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion20 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion21 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion22 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion23 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion24 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion25 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion27 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion28 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion30 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion31 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion32 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion33 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion34 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion35 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion36 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion37 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion38 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion40 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion41 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion42 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion43 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion45 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion46 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion47 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion48 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion50 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion51 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion52 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion54 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion56 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion58 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion59 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion60 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion61 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion62 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_RingExplosion4 MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.UT_RingExplosion63 (Function Botpack.UT_RingExplosion4.SpawnExtraEffects:0010) Accessed None
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon10 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon3 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon3 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon15 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon12 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon2 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon32 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon32 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon12 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon33 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon33 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon30 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon34 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptWarning: IceSkaarjHunter MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.IceSkaarjHunter278 (Function UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.MeleeDamageTarget:007A) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: IceSkaarjHunter MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.IceSkaarjHunter278 (Function UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.MeleeDamageTarget:0091) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: IceSkaarjHunter MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.IceSkaarjHunter278 (Function UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.MeleeDamageTarget:00AC) Accessed None
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon79 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon116 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon116 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon119 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon96 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon96 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon125 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptLog: MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon119 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass
ScriptWarning: HellDemon MH-KillThemAll[EG]zeta_Bp.HellDemon133 (State UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.Retreating:0242) Accessed None
I have enough spam (just retarded LOGS) if PlayRangedAttack should be implemented, why the heck is not implemented ? Excuse me but I did paths for you (you'll check them well) because this is not for my playground. I set a dead end for Bots, looks like they are moving there, I don't know if a bad spot won't stuck them (paths are blue mainly). Camping and guiding redeemers is not my MH style. Gonna send you a PM, in this machine I don't have the latest news so I have to copy it because it might be requiring a little love for Bot racing with less load against 5000 HP "a Ice Skaarj Hunter" which might sound like "An Ice Skaarj Hunter" because some people were complaining about my grammar so I have to complain too for being trendy...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:requiring a little love for Bot racing with less load against 5000 HP "a Ice Skaarj Hunter" which might sound like "An Ice Skaarj Hunter" because some people were complaining about my grammar so I have to complain too for being trendy...
Yeah, as annoying as they are... I love Hunters.u something fierce. Probably nobody else does, but an extremely hard to kill monster is my bread & butter.

Sorry if the map hurt you. You seem a hair's breath away from a mental breakdown.

As weird as it may sound, I don't ideally do maps for servers. Probably cuz I went without an at home internet connection for near a decade. Long as I can play a map on my own, with bots backing me... I'm good.

If this map could work on a server without crashing it (or the admin committing seppuku) that'd be fine... but it's not my main goal.

Ultimately I want a map that's damned near unbeatable that my bots and I can tear into.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Can't see no pictures until i install IE3498,9026578, version 234768908.90987678687, with update 09090908865654537836537838abbbcccmjhu.9 on a full moon
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:Can't see no pictures until i install IE3498,9026578, version 234768908.90987678687, with update 09090908865654537836537838abbbcccmjhu.9 on a full moon
Wait... what?!?
ImageImageImageImageImage
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, so Sektor111 PM'd me a bot-pathed edit of my edit and I'm currently looking it over and kicking all the bugs out of it... despite his insistance that I'm fond of bugs. I mean, sure... who doesn't like ginmormous radioactive bugs that're hellbent on munching on your vital bodily organs?

Or something like that.

Even with his pathed version giving me full bot backup, I haven't managed to beat it yet. I went at the thing hard for 3½ hours and only made it up to the Boss/Brass monster. That's opposed to letting my bots have a go at it by themselves for the same amount of time and they got hung up around the HellDemons.

Boss/Brass are a monster that looks like Xan with the Brass skin on it. 1 is too damned powerful, and this map generates over 100 once you get to that room.

HellDemons are monsters patterned after an Unreal1 player model with a sorta gibbed look. It basically runs up to you and tears you into pieces.

This is fairly common stuff for this map.

To even the odds for both bots & myself I switched Xbots to Team 5, which is the one with the Team Orbit mechs on it because when they die they explode violently and anything too close to them gets killed in the blastwave...
...which is handy when fighting monsters that primarily run up to you to kill you with their bare hands!

Other than that, need to move a few monster rooms around. The predators were torn to shreds by the HellDemons so their rooms need to be not right next to each other (don't always use the Stop Your Fighting mutator) also some easier to beat monsters' rooms should be moved closer to the start of the map so harder ones can be further in.

Sektor111 also (thankfully) increased how frequently the Nyan Cat Deemers respawn, which was a big help for me and my bots...
...because some monsters, like the Boss/Brass & HellDemons when pissed off can follow the bot pathing back to the starting room all players come from and make it really hard to stay alive very long after respawning.

And that's where things are currently.
One more thing
Kinda need to move some of the ammo placement around...
...having the ammo that close to the door is confusing some of the bots, for some reason.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Completing general hints about MH play, Bot Pathing, None ammo in map VS common regenerators.

While map doesn't have too many items (any map done this way) you will want a regenerator. Actually old fashioned do sucks. Regenerator increase ammoamount in time for ammo held but does nothing with ammo from map. This will result in Bot being stuck in spot unable to understand whatta heck is going on + also depends on Bot type. Regenerators which have a higher quality known by me exist in UTToolBox by Gust, also I have a different deal in some of my MH2 types which were not bugging me - else map is probably impossible to play in my MH2 due to monster aggressiveness developed which return spawn-kills for ages - I mean monster killing spawned players.

Related to this map first games after pathing were dumber than sh!t. Bot spawned (no regenerators) was racing without too much load. Often remaining unloaded was trying useless a fight with chainsaw (more success with a wooden spoon probably).
The PowerNode reject Bot until they load some weapons and game was improved. And now, if regenerator screw things (because it works perfectly without "regens" except Gust's one which is working fine) that's not my fault or Bot fault. As a secondary point, map was pathed using some "macro" txt files, by moving ammo and repathing will result something unexpected - I cannot promise 100% functionality or none looping spots.

Map was privately sent for a tiny examination. It might need a HuntNode between start area and the rest of map, else HellDemons will find the way for attack or a few nodes set bPlayerOnly - heck knows if do helps as long as I did not check them if they are not bIsPlayer in their random moments of existence, so a HuntNode well set might lock their "smell".
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:so a HuntNode well set might lock their "smell".
How literal were you being on "smell"? This sorta thing has come up before:
Spoiler
//=============================================================================
// Spatial Fear
// Name: SFPheromone
// Description: A simple actor that represents a scent mark, constantly generated
// by the main actor Jael during gameplay. These marks are used by
// "smell enabled" scripted pawns, to track the player by scent.
//
// Author: Markus Nuebel
//=============================================================================
class SFPheromone extends Actor;

var float m_fImportance; // Private: How important this pheromone is: Between 0.0 and 1.0
var Actor m_actInstigator; // Private: Source of scent

function PostBeginPlay()
{
Velocity = (Vector(Rotation) + VRand()) * (80 * FRand() + 20);
// Velocity.z += 18;
// Call to base class
Super.PostBeginPlay();
}

simulated function Tick( float DeltaTime )
{
if ( Level.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer )
{
m_fImportance = LifeSpan / Default.LifeSpan;
ScaleGlow = Lifespan;
AmbientGlow = ScaleGlow * 255;
DrawScale = 4*m_fImportance;
}
// Call to base class
Super.Tick(DeltaTime);
}
Are you at all familiar with Spatial Fear? Might be worth a look · viewtopic.php?p=33761#p33761
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SpatialFear did not fascinated me - probably I caught a bugged thing (time ago)... I'm referring to a monster annoyed by player which is far but Monster is sudden interested about him. When an evilized monster set in bHunting is seeking path in order to reach at enemy you'll be surprised to find capability of a pawn and reachable range at which boundaries might go. I tested this on human pawns and seeker feature said in a moment "warning, enemy reachable" and for sure was pretty far away I was almost to fail seeing it, that's why if you want to stop monsters without bugging Bot, some stuff should be implemented (obstructions, special nodes, even triggers to deny their attack). For me are not needed such features, game balance is the goal, not chickening out and neither shooting live barrels. If a map cannot be beat then MonsterEnd is pointless.

To be honest I ended map at timelimit (game lost) against Santas. Really hard Level, even using BPak garbages still did not helped me enough to reach in last room before teleporter, Bots used Bpak as well, but A.I. codes from BPak are crap, Bot doesn't know when have to quit using a certain weapon and did a lot of suicides. InstantRemoverII was cleaning ground, R3, then I went to bHammer speed and still not enough. I'm doubt to finish map earlier than 3 hours with default stuff and playing normally. Not even that Cat Deemer doesn't help that much as InstantRemoverII aka bEightball (strong enough it drives to Kamikaze) and it's a problem with Bots jumping around if you shoot one, usually you die.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:If a map cannot be beat then MonsterEnd is pointless.
All maps can be beaten. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right weapons.

Of the many reasons I'm glad I kept this map at default ut99 weapons is that if I have no better luck beating it through conventional means, then I can try weapon mutators which swap those weapons for others. Think I'm gonna take a stab at it with the Quake weapons-pack first, then Infiltration, then Nali Weapons 3, and then CounterStrike.

One of those have gotta do the trick.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I played it online, there were other players, but it didn't seem all that impossible. I think I did play this by myself at one time.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote:I played it online, there were other players, but it didn't seem all that impossible. I think I did play this by myself at one time.
You no doubt played the original version, not the one with all the monsters swapped... and certainly not the one Sekt pathed.

Give me the weekend to finalize up a few things and then try that version... or you can pop up now to viewtopic.php?p=91891#p91891 where it says "link-a-dink" and try the not-patched-semi-sorta-not-quite-done-yet version.

Just be careful when you reach the Boss/Brass monsters' room... because any weapons you drop there they can use! Though the weapon they got already is pretty devestating