A little goal for us to work towards (Playermodel Ideas)

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: A little goal for us to work towards (Playermodel Ideas)

Post by Dr.Flay »

Open UMSSpaceMarine.int

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.SpaceMarinez,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="SpaceMarinez 1.08")
Preferences=(Caption="SpaceMarinez 1.08",Parent="Game Types",Class=UMSSpaceMarine.SpaceMarinez,Immediate=True)

;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")
;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")

;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")
;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")
You have to un-comment the ones you need (remove the ; ) For UT that would be the BotPack lines.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Dr.Flay wrote:Open UMSSpaceMarine.int

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.SpaceMarinez,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="SpaceMarinez 1.08")
Preferences=(Caption="SpaceMarinez 1.08",Parent="Game Types",Class=UMSSpaceMarine.SpaceMarinez,Immediate=True)

;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")
;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")

;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.Bots,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")
;Object=(Name=UMSSpaceMarine.UMSFSpaceMarine,Class=Class,MetaClass=UnrealShare.UnrealiPlayer,Description="UMSFSpaceMarine")
You have to un-comment the ones you need (remove the ; ) For UT that would be the BotPack lines.
Alright! I got the playermodel in, but it has no textures. But hey, It's progress. And Yes, I do have RTNP.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

EvilGrins wrote:Ah, so they are blue and that's not a team color?
That is a team color. I thought you are good at skinning and so I asked for team skin. Nevermind Alcapowned gave me all team skins including skin from unreal beta along with talk textures and status icons.
So thanks to him.
EvilGrins wrote:Have you done taunts yet?
The taunts uses default "Skaarj Hybrid". Isn't that sufficient?? Or maybe I can port UT2004 taunts to UT at the cost of file size. I remember some Japanese guy named "gust" ported UT2004 taunts to UT.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Rocky wrote:Nevermind Alcapowned gave me all team skins including skin from unreal beta along with talk textures and status icons. So thanks to him.
And I said i could skin it once you released it. I mean, I've got tons of skins to work from but I've never tried skinning something without the base-files for it.

If you just wanted me to send you textures you should've said that. I'll still skin it, likely a few times, after you release it.
Rocky wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Have you done taunts yet?
The taunts uses default "Skaarj Hybrid". Isn't that sufficient?? Or maybe I can port UT2004 taunts to UT at the cost of file size. I remember some Japanese guy named "gust" ported UT2004 taunts to UT.
When I said taunts I didn't mean anything to do with a voicepack. I meant those signature moves that're built into different models, like the Male Soldier's pelvic thrust by way of an example. Skaarj Hybrid taunts, like that leaning backwards and pounding its chest, I would assume wouldn't work for a SkaarjWarrior as the models use different skeletal structures.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:as the models use different skeletal structures.
No skeletal structure at all, it's vertex animated. The animations are hard coded into the model. If you want to use a different animation on this model does it require to make a new one.

You could reuse the default animations, if someone would want to create taunts animations.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

papercoffee wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:as the models use different skeletal structures.
No skeletal structure at all, it's vertex animated. The animations are hard coded into the model. If you want to use a different animation on this model does it require to make a new one.

You could reuse the default animations, if someone would want to create taunts animations.
Not to mention that you have to be very careful with skeletal structure swapping, otherwise you'll get midgets or rayman-esque abombinations. Makes me wonder how the UT Beta was able to use the U1 animations without any distortions...
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Vertex over skeletal notwithstanding, the UTcoop mutator has taunts built into each of the player-monsters... most of which involve the original monster's attacks.

I was just wondering what taunts this new SkaarjWarrior player model had built into it.
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

EvilGrins wrote:When I said taunts I didn't mean anything to do with a voicepack. I meant those signature moves that're built into different models, like the Male Soldier's pelvic thrust by way of an example. Skaarj Hybrid taunts, like that leaning backwards and pounding its chest, I would assume wouldn't work for a SkaarjWarrior as the models use different skeletal structures.
For gestures, they do like hair flip, body stretching etc. These are default animations.
I am almost close. Just need to fix the Weapon Triangle. If it was skeletal animated I could just bone attach the weapon and done.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Forgive my ignorance...
Rocky wrote:Weapon Triangle
...but what is that?

And does it have to do anything with why in the initial pic the Skaarj on the left's gun looks like it's being held at a funny angle?
Where to put them
So thinking I'll put the SkaarjWarriors onto the default team I got setup under Xbots:
Slots 12, 27, & 29 are where I've got the House-of-Fools skins I was previously testing, so those are 3 vacancies ready to go.

Was planning on incorporating some old models and/or skins to those slots sometime soon anyway.
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

Weapon Triangle is a polygon which is used to render 3rd person weapons.
Take example of SkaarjTrooper. You are able to see SkaarjTrooper holding weapons because it had the Triangle.
Spoiler
You can see the yellow color region. That is a Weapon Triangle. In case of Skaarj Warrior, it didn't had Weapon Triangle so I had to add it manually and import the model again.
Spoiler
I then used UnrealFX to set Weapon Triangle.
Weapon Triangle only applies if the playable model is vertex animated. If the playable model is skeletal animated then Weapon Triangle is not needed and you can simply bone attach the weapon by specifying the bone-name.
Also one more disadvantage if Weapon Triangle is not there then the CTF Flag you are carrying won't be visible.

Sorry, I am not really good at explaining.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Rocky wrote:Sorry, I am not really good at explaining.
No, you are. That made total sense to me.
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

Here it is..
From Readme:
===========================================================================================
MOD INFORMATION:

Title: Skaarj Warrior Player
Author: SpEcTra_7
Version: 1.0
Email: spectraut2@gmail.com
Release Date: 26th October, 2016
===========================================================================================

DESCRIPTION:

This is a skin where you will be able to play as Skaarj Warrior.
Its Raziks are removed.

Background story:
Skaarj Warriors were getting bored of continuous patrolling and guarding and they wanted
some actions. Hence they took part in the tournament, but under certain conditions that
they won't be allowed to use their Raziks and use actual weapons.

INSTALLATION:

1. Put the contents of System (.u) folder in your UnrealTournament/System
2. Put the contents of Textures (.utx) folder in your UnrealTournament/Textures
3. (OPTIONAL) Redirect files are provided if you are planning to play this in servers.

SERVER SETUP:

If you are planning to load this mod is servers, then add this in your server's UT.ini file:

ServerPackages=SkWarriorPlayer
ServerPackages=SkWarriorSkins

Also don't forget to add the redirect files (.uz) provided.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

You will be playing as Skaarj Warrior and as you know Skaarj Warrior's are bit taller than
humans. This means you won't be able to fit in tight narrow places.

USAGE / PERMISSION:

This mod is Open Source. You are welcome to make your version or use in your projects.
But add my name in your credits list.

Source Code is provided in this ZIP.

CREDITS:

Alcapowned - For Team skins, status icons and UV fix.
Z-Enzyme - For showing video on how to edit existing models.
Epic Games

Thats all! ENJOY!

END OF FILE.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y3q5y0yeq ... Player.zip

Enjoy playing Skaarj Warrior.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

That superman skin looks very good, i was wandering if there is a batman skin also all avaleble for download and installing.
What is a good idea?Well we have the last ten years are much movies comes out based on superhero,s think on wolverine superman badman.
It will be a good idea to make some models based on that caracters think on the x men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_(film_series)

Iron man the hulk the, thing ,thor the silver surfer.

Plenty of idea's to make a skin from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four

I realy don't know if there is alreday such texture package availeble for downloading and installing.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

rjmno1 wrote:That superman skin looks very good
I just skimmed the entire thread, what Superman skin?
rjmno1 wrote:Iron man the hulk the, thing ,thor the silver surfer.
There are Iron Man skins, Hulk skins never work very well, though I've 2 at home from some other guys, I've got a Thing skin package I slapped together but it's not really up for release yet, and I've got a borderline Iceman/Silver Surfer deal... although there's an actual Silver Surfer model (with surfboard) out there somewhere...

Try these:
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3485
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5673
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3467
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3464
more such ramblings
There was a guy named Chris Ollis who released 2 sets of superhero skins a LONG time ago.

This is one such set:

With his permission I've edited those skins and made other superheroes from them:

Some are available for download at the links I provided above, more still in this forum's skin section... with (download) in the subject line.
Some more of my stuff · viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3416&start=0
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

EvilGrins wrote:
rjmno1 wrote:That superman skin looks very good
I just skimmed the entire thread, what Superman skin?
rjmno1 wrote:Iron man the hulk the, thing ,thor the silver surfer.
There are Iron Man skins, Hulk skins never work very well, though I've 2 at home from some other guys, I've got a Thing skin package I slapped together but it's not really up for release yet, and I've got a borderline Iceman/Silver Surfer deal... although there's an actual Silver Surfer model (with surfboard) out there somewhere...

Try these:
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3485
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5673
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3467
· viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3464
more such ramblings
There was a guy named Chris Ollis who released 2 sets of superhero skins a LONG time ago.

This is one such set:

With his permission I've edited those skins and made other superheroes from them:

Some are available for download at the links I provided above, more still in this forum's skin section... with (download) in the subject line.
Some more of my stuff · viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3416&start=0

this superman skin that purple one"looks amazing.
That badman looks amazing man very good. :rock:
Did download them all.very good :loool:
Last edited by rjmno1 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.