Small Voicepack request

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Small Voicepack request

Post by UTNerd24 »

So I noticed that a Majority of the Skaarj Hybrid's voicelines are simply Male Two's albeit slowed down. Would it be possible to make a voicepack using the same method with Male One?
What I find most intriguing is the fact that, from what I remember, Skaarj Hybrid doesen't actually have its own Uax file, Meaning its most likely Male Two with pitch shifting. But How does that work if the pitch of a voice is usually fixed?
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: Small Voicepack request

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I gave up using VoiceMaleOne script since it was limited on taunt slots which would be ideal for your small request. I now use VoiceMaleTwo as a template instead for my voicepacks. As for editing *.wav files I have been using GoldWave for years but you can also use Audacity. Good luck.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

UTNerd24 wrote:Skaarj Hybrid doesen't actually have its own Uax file, Meaning its most likely Male Two with pitch shifting. But How does that work if the pitch of a voice is usually fixed?
Not all voicepacks have a .uax, when they first came out that was the standard but later those that made them (voicers?) started incorporating all the sounds of speech into the .u file.

That's been more or less standard since 2002.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Skellethorn
Novice

Re: Small Voicepack request.

Post by Skellethorn »

I can do that in a second, no audio editing at all, it's all done via code, I actually already did that with the Boss voice to have a deeper sounding robot, you can even do the opposite and make them sound like chipmunks. I'll post it next time I come around.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Skellethorn wrote:I can do that in a second, no audio editing at all, it's all done via code, I actually already did that with the Boss voice to have a deeper sounding robot, you can even do the opposite and make them sound like chipmunks. I'll post it next time I come around.
Really? Thanks!
Coding is and always will be enigmatic to me... :noidea
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Skellethorn wrote:I can do that in a second, no audio editing at all, it's all done via code, I actually already did that with the Boss voice to have a deeper sounding robot, you can even do the opposite and make them sound like chipmunks. I'll post it next time I come around.
THIS would be cool ...some more variation of voices would be really great.
(I don't want to have funny voices like Bugs Bunny ...I like the more serious fukked up one like PsychoBoss)

Someone pitched the Boss voice and made female robot voices out of it. I use it and it adds to the variety in the game. :mrgreen:
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

papercoffee wrote: THIS would be cool ...some more variation of voices would be really great.
(I don't want to have funny voices like Bugs Bunny ...I like the more serious fukked up one like PsychoBoss)

Someone pitched the Boss voice and made female robot voices out of it. I use it and it adds to the variety in the game. :mrgreen:
Pretty much this. Variety is a key factor to immersion.

EDIT: Im pretty sure that Female Robot voice was edited externally. As if it were to have its pitch increased using the mentioned codes method, its speed would increase as well Ala the Female Robot voice in UT2004.
Skellethorn
Novice

Post by Skellethorn »

So my keyboard died and I couldn't make the files, but check this post I just made, it will teach you how to do this for any voice pack you want to modify: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11855