Post Closing 3072 Contest MH map - MH-3072-FloorWays

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post Closing 3072 Contest MH map - MH-3072-FloorWays

Post by sektor2111 »

And now, because it's November 11 2016 and 3072 mapping contest has been ended, I can drop here a sort of MH Level (MH was not in contest rules) as an add-on around, in mapping section. For those who think in a 3072 UU we cannot have a MH map, well, it's probably another kind of mapping running more smoother than any now days MH "map" based on 4000+ useless actors mooing at default UT's ON-Line 1023(4) channels - which means fun :loool: .
Edit:
Map update related to a monster visual problem (not that important) and some smoke effect post explosion on a door left side for showing up properly.
[attachment=0]MH-3072-FloorWays_rv1.unr.zip[/attachment]
Attachments
MH-3072-FloorWays_rv1.unr.zip
Some visuals fixed and Blank.umx added. It needs Bonus Packs installed - not my stuff.
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
Last edited by sektor2111 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Re: 3072 Post Closing Contest MH map

Post by Spectra »

Missing UTTech4.utx
UTTech4 is not default texture package.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Rocky wrote:Missing UTTech4.utx
It is when you have all the official bonus pack. It's in BP4.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

papercoffee wrote:
Rocky wrote:Missing UTTech4.utx
It is when you have all the official bonus pack. It's in BP4.
Ok got it! Thanks.
Now its working. I like the map.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

The package 'Monsterhunt' is missing, I want see the map .o.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Uhm..... Just download Monster Hunt... you know... the gametype? :lol:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

UnrealGecko wrote:Uhm..... Just download Monster Hunt... you know... the gametype? :lol:
He may already have MonsterHunt.

A stretch back I submitted a map edit here and someone (might've been sektor) couldn't use it because it said it was missing Monsterhunt. Turns out there's a little rogue .utx running around that's called MonsterHunt1 that nobody ever realizes they don't have until someone uses it in a map and the person trying to play it doesn't have it.

It's discussed in this thread · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4217 · (wasn't sektor)

Or, maybe he doesn't have Monsterhunt. I'm bored and am speculating blindly.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A reminder about basic logic - WHICH is MISSING after all :shock: .
If map would be JB a JailBreak map - probably you need JailBreak mod;
If map would be a Survival SV - probably if I'm not mistaking :ironic: you need to install/load Survival mod;
if Map would be RA RocketArenaGame - you would need RocketArena mod (in hoping to not wrong at this point too :ironic2: - else I apology in advance :ironic: );
And so on and so forth...
But if we are busy with "no net games" things rather than playing UT normally from time to time, we cannot have this logic, right ? :wth: :confused2: all right.

I'm not providing mods - I'm providing my stuff not other stuff, and the game-type number 4 probably doesn't need that much tutorials in how to make it operational unless you really don't play UT or you don't know UT basics about game-types > INT files and U files on purpose + UAX UTX UMX which might be required.

I'm sorry but I cannot resist to deliver a stupid reply to a sudden "problem", which even less skilled player doesn't have.

Rant on - I'm biting now :mad2: reading optional
And... this happens as long as MonsterHunt doesn't have a deserved SECTION here, being probably OFF-TOPIC - even still under development - as the rest of DEVELOPMENTS placed in front, not for UT :ironic: , we have dead threads unused from 2014 which are sleeping there at bottom, without Net Codes, and I still don't see an XC_Engine Section right in front because I see members saying "I don't know even what XCGE is", and this is happening because that thread is hidden from sight which Is NOT HELPING anyone, looks like 80% of community never heard of that and a part of them could - see/hear about - it if would be RIGHT IN FRONT but nvm, sleep well, people, sleep well - is helpful for saving brain's life time.
/Rant off

For other sudden affiliated "coders" clueless at using G00gle:
Ignition >>>
http://shrimpworks.za.net/projects/monster-hunt/

Source
http://www.moddb.com/mods/monster-hunt/ ... ource-code
http://shrimpworks.za.net/2006/02/05/mo ... e-release/

Game
http://www.moddb.com/mods/monster-hunt/ ... -v503-umod
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=GameT ... erhunt.zip

Game Raw format (FILES DIRECTLY)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/monster-hunt/ ... t-v503-raw
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=GameT ... onUMOD.zip

I'm guessing I don't need to spam more links, right ?

Edit:MH Post install instructions.
Using a sort of Notepad (text editor) you might open MonsterHunt.Int file and looking at line(s)

Code: Select all

Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterArenaBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
They can be changed to

Code: Select all

;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
;Object=(Name=MonsterHunt.MonsterArenaBrowserWindow,Class=Class,MetaClass=UTBrowser.UTBrowserServerListWindow)
Explanations for the rest of ignorants: this means suppressing MH/MA browser because GameSpy is no longer active (if I'm not mistaking) and MH is based restrictive on GameSpy because Epic's MasterServer was in outage for years - read well - it was out for many YEARS, everything being supported by GameSpy - R.I.P. GameSpy :sad2: .
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: Post Closing 3072 Contest MH map - MH-3072-FloorWays

Post by Aldebaran »

Simply built map with well arranged rooms in which one would like to see what is in the next room. I needed a little more than an hour playing alone with well-equipped weapons :lol:
The gunner skaarj stopped my run... But with my special mines I overcomed him.
No issues while playing it.

Nice map, thank you very much for it! :tu:
Last edited by Aldebaran on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: I'm guessing I don't need to spam more links, right ?
You forgot your fixed version of MH. I would rather like to play this version.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

First I need to complete main tests for some MH2 which I was modifying (ability to use XCGE). I did some modifications but are Off Topic here. Time will come for that, next project will be entirely based on XCGE - I'm sorry but I must step in 21th century with UT'99 or else MH will be always crappy.
Aldebaran wrote:
The gunner skaarj stopped my run... But with my special mines I overcomed him.
No issues while playing it.
There probably I miss-balanced things a bit, else Me and Myself - I will Never Ever use any BlockMonsters as others are doing like default must-have stuff. As you can see, there are methods for blocking monsters in their place using different things else imagine snipers hunting player until start spot and you'll be witnessing Spawn-Killing - player. So probably if those Monsters are holding weaponry that's good - it was one of map goals and a default bug which I was aiming to get rid of it as much as possible - this is my interest to know about at feed-back chapter.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

So... you won't publish your MH 504 but the next version with XCGE support?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

As I recall MH504 is not that published, as much as it do has links - Medor has it, Ut-files aka PlanetMonsterHunt has it. Else because of some hosting policies of G00gl3 I have changed my public host (which was on GDrive - but files are still there) having points into another Web Page, one linked in my avatar. There, anybody can find basic MH info + updates and a main MH504 update helper mutator (Dispersion crap - stupid me, I had trust in original code with that ":D" stupid smilie), OsPower mutator, etc.
When I'll consider MBot_D ready I'll drop it there too... And now let's see Topic things.
How goes map ? I'm interested if my stuff added into map did not dropped more deceptions or such... Nobody did not see anything wrong ? Okay, I'm glad to know that...
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote:one linked in my avatar.
:ironic2: I should have checked there first ...thanks pal.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Maybe moving to Asia is a better deal, heh...

I don't really know how are do working these hosts (surprisingly how featured was creating account and the rest), but... as a note about last updated default MH controller I was interested to point it in locations where is "at home", here doesn't even exist any request for an update and a Section about stuff around it, so I'm guessing publishing doesn't worth any waste of time. I'm a MH player for some time, and I look for stuff in different locations where MH is more intenssive and any work around it triggers more interests. I gotta admit latest Levels being really obsolete I took a decision to put up a few of my own. This map is here because of Contest (and those useless laughs around size and time for playing such things), others maybe are not going to be posted/described, being less important as I could see here the MH stage.