The 3072uu Mapping Contest

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Aldebaran
Masterful

Re: The 3072uu Mapping Contest

Post by Aldebaran »

From two maps I did not found an own thread, so I post it here:

I had much fun playing the map CTF-3072-ShoresArena but the map crashed during play. It would be great when the map will be fixed.

The map DM-3072-Arcturus was another one I found nice to play with few players. But why there is a jump field in the middle? When I could jump higher (for example to the top borders it would make sense. Perhaps the author has interest to change it :-)
Attachments
Bug while playing CTF-3072-ShoresArena
Bug while playing CTF-3072-ShoresArena
bug shores-arena.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

@Aldebaran what renderer are you using? Seems like a lot of levels are crashing for you for some reason. If you can, try to follow the UT Graphics tweaking guide from here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

UnrealGecko wrote: what renderer are you using?
I use OpenGL 3.7 but tested the map CTF-ShoresArena with DirectX9 too.

I play with Nali Weapons 3. I know only two older maps that makes problems when water areas are used and players have to swim in them: CTF-AlfiesGarden][ and CTF-Lostfalls. When shooting under water with some Nali Weapon 3 these old maps crashes. But they can be played with the NW3 Instagib mode.

Another thing: I found a little graphical glitch in the map in the blue base.
Attachments
Graphical glitch in CTF-ShoresArena
Graphical glitch in CTF-ShoresArena
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

About the attachment of Aldebaran, same happens while playing my map, if it would be solved, I would be happy to know how /o\
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

SzGergo wrote:that Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button in the middle opens that door.
there are two Edgeless Safety Cubes are present in the room too
Fascinating - I know how to trigger things, even I made a map with triggers and lights triggered. There is NOTHING MyLevel related. It's just a door (or 3 more exactly) set with TriggerControl and useless double-triggered. Then I was looking at Bots, they were trying triggers but once left trigger, Door returns because this is how do works DOORS in CORET.
- Pawn collides trigger > door opens;
- Pawn leaves trigger > door closes;
In how I see them placed, in this context is impossible to stay on trigger keeping door open - door will close - actually I did not see any Bot taking shield. Else those lights were doing nothing at this point. Such a door (but more simple) it's in DM-Zeto if you have the curiosity in How-To - of course that "Trigger4" is buried in Wall. Trigger - Open - Stay - Close, there is nothing related with "TriggerControl" - which you don't have much clue how do it works as I've seen so far - that's why I asked - that "lousy pictured" reply is out of subject. Else I was using Translocator for teleporting there - it doesn't help that much. Maybe is a federal secret :mrgreen: keeping Bot busy there to be an easy target in 1on1 DM.
UnrealGecko wrote::loool: :loool:
Good one SzGergo, good one! :lol2:
What exactly have do you failed to figure ? Have you checked that ? Lemme guess... NO, because you have been too busy :loool: .

Note2:
My bad, Map DM-3072-ScarE seems to have 2 lifts - woow - I did not see much activity there. Why ? Because they have Events not Tags set :lol2: All right, I'm gonna solve these for my local play repository.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

sektor2111 wrote:
SzGergo wrote:that Heavy Duty Super-Colliding Super Button in the middle opens that door.
there are two Edgeless Safety Cubes are present in the room too
I'm not posting because I've drunk something. There is NOTHING MyLevel related. It's just a door (or 3 more exactly) set with TriggerControl and useless double-triggered. Then I was looking at Bots, they were trying triggers but once left trigger, Door returns because this is how do works DOORS in CORET
- Pawn collides trigger door opens;
- Pawn leave trigger door closes;
In how I see them placed is impossible to stay on trigger with door open - door will close - actually I did not see any Bot taking shield. Else those lights were doing nothing at this point. Such a door (but more simple) it's in DM-Zeto if you have the curiosity in How-To - of course that "Trigger4" is buried in Wall. Trigger - Open - Stay - Close there is nothing related with TriggerControl. Else I was using Translocator for teleporting there - it doesn't help that much. Maybe is a federal secret :mrgreen: .
C'mon, it is not such a big secret. :)
Tho I must assume you didn't play with the original portal game. There are two triggers there for a reason: not only bots and players can press that button...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So, only player can get shield because Bot cannot do stunts... It's not really fair...
[attachment=0]No_AI.JPG[/attachment]
Then, I gotta admit until to check this map I never fired 2 rockets in my own butt. Now I did it through portal... :lol:
Attachments
No_AI.JPG
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

sektor2111 wrote:So, only player can get shield because Bot cannot do stunts...
true, bots won't toss the sphere on the red button. But they also will pick up the belt once the door is opened.

Btw the udamage is more unfair, for it is a secret that only players can find.

I alraeady think it was not such a good idea to put so many pickups int such a small map, maybe a simple body armor or a thigh pads would be better idea instead of the +100hp pack...
well, i am not very good at playing, hence i kinda suck at setting up balanced pickup displacement
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

SzGergo wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:So, only player can get shield because Bot cannot do stunts...
true, bots won't toss the sphere on the red button. But they also will pick up the belt once the door is opened.

Btw the udamage is more unfair, for it is a secret that only players can find.

I alraeady think it was not such a good idea to put so many pickups int such a small map, maybe a simple body armor or a thigh pads would be better idea instead of the +100hp pack...
well, i am not very good at playing, hence i kinda suck at setting up balanced pickup displacement
Secret places can even be unfair when bots are the only one knowing about those places(like when a player plays the map for the first time).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Map-Secret is a myth as long as Editor can open it, I though we were clarifying what a secret is... and how to setup something unpredictable...
Else you will not play map for the first time ten times :what:. First time is only once and then secret is no secret. Oh look, a bot found that, where is it located ? Spectate with F5 - woow... secret, yeah, sure.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Just got them all, I won't be to great at rating CTF. but I been around enough to make a call. 8)
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Red_Fist wrote:Just got them all, I won't be to great at rating CTF. but I been around enough to make a call. 8)
:tu: do it ...we are eager to hear more opinions.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

And yet another fix XD, this times, I fixed the death bug near the phone-cab, and the WaterZoneInfo which was visible.
Attachments
DM-3072-ItalyKinda.7z
(13.06 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11865
New version ready.
makemeunreal
Masterful

Post by makemeunreal »

Our map GaelKRAFT. Hope it'll see release one day...