New MH map from THUNDERBOLT

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

New MH map from THUNDERBOLT

Post by EvilGrins »

I follow him on facebook · http://www.mediafire.com/file/btuktpx30 ... re2016.rar

· As usual with him, no bot pathing.
· Initial monsters are too powerful for easy play.
· Tentacles have the most beautiful attack I've ever seen.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: New MH map from THUNDERBOLT

Post by papercoffee »

SCREENSHOTS!!!

please.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:SCREENSHOTS!!!
please.
Might be a bit... I'm working on primarily 3072 screenshots at the moment, and I can't get very far on THUNDERBOLTS map because's it's not really designed for SP but with no bot pathing, that's what I'm stuck with.

Kinda made a weird birthday request cuz of this map · http://www.unrealfuzz.com/forums/viewto ... f=18&t=757
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:SCREENSHOTS!!!

please.
These are contained in the package:
Attachments
Shot0064.jpg
Shot0068.jpg
Shot0067.jpg
Shot0066.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I have a version mismatch with file dpak.u.
Can I replace it without issues to the other maps?
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Aldebaran wrote:I have a version mismatch with file dpak.u.
I typically go with the one I've already got, anytime I get a new map and its got a file I already have.

Some mappers still mess with existing files without renaming them to avoid that issue.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

All mismatches is a mess for us Admins to deal with all for all who makes these files on purpose i wish them a slow and painful death :loool: I have put the map on all 4 MH-servers I run and my wage solution is to always compress the largest file, and I hope all Admins do the same (can be 4 of them sometimes)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This problem happens when smart ass types are un-caching stuff. As long as files are not stock I don't see reasons for running messed up things like AMW_beta1 or such utter garbage files by sick modders and MHMonsters aka UTMHPack and the rest of lousy things, yeah those ones need a slow and a painful death not coders which are trying to fix them. And a kick in balls for un-cachers who don't know How To keep stuff without messing entire client install. Those uncache apps are not part of UT are tools for modders/admins/maintainers etc. NOT FOR PLAYERS.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Say sektor111... could you path this map?
:satan:
Pwease!
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I could do it, if he let me, but when we came to the part with the valley with titans we all crash, so its something wrong with the map tho..
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Hitman wrote:when we came to the part with the valley with titans we all crash, so its something wrong with the map tho..
Yeah, I finally gave up on fair and played it in God Mode... and it crashed for me where it crashed for you.

Grrr.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EG, I know that you want full stuff (Bot included) but... I might triggers storms by only telling true things as examples:
- TB has an extremely skill at design ideas - so to speak he has tastes which less mappers are thinking about - 10/10 at design goes here.

Troubles comes at TECH which is sadly a bad thing:
- he lacks in understanding or doing geometry;
- I figured a package screwed compiled and left in that stage - that's not for my yard;
- Bot Pathing in MH is a secret as understanding what was Shrimp saying in original doc - piece of cake which no one cares;
- insanity for polygons = No Go by default.

As you can see I have more Cons than Pros to not bother with a 40MB download (looks trendy this 40 MB thing) 10 maps = 400 MB. I have opened such things in Editor and I was not that amazed - I'm not gonna do such things... no offense for nobody just my opinion - ignore me if I'm disturbing. But if you want something MH related with Bot play and doing checks at some stuff I'll send you a PM with something which I did lasts days... or I'll upload it in a proper MH location.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:Troubles comes at TECH which is sadly a bad thing
I also noticed music handling Actors (SongSectionChanger/MusicManager) - from what I've seen in the code it is intended to synchronize the current played music with multiple players joined at different time. Dear mappers, don't get me wrong, but this is a task for the server but not of a map!

And has anybody had a look into $UT/System/UnrealTournament.log? Beside tons of ScriptWarnings some funny numbers are stored there... :roll:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote:I also noticed music handling Actors (SongSectionChanger/MusicManager) - from what I've seen in the code it is intended to synchronize the current played music with multiple players joined at different time
Been more than tempted to screenshot (or at least link to) THUNDERBOLT's ongoing chat with people on his Facebook page about this map.

This thing Barbie just mentioned? Apparently there's an issue with the version of Dusk.umx; it comes into play where the map most often crashes. TB used a version from Unreal1, not the one that came with ut99.

medor suggested playing the map under MonsterHunt v504 (I don't have that version) might alleviate some problems.

Tried a different stance on the map last night. Got to the final valley and killed everything down there from above with one of the CounterStrike sniper rifles. When I got to the titans, I wasn't expecting it to explode and break apart into a bunch of tiny titans, which I had to get closer (they're REALLY tiny) to kill... which is when the map crashed again.

I'm toying with going into the map and removing Dusk.umx to see if that changes anything.