Bot Bug in firing

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Gadavre
Skilled

Re: Bot Bug in firing

Post by Gadavre »

FerBotz by Higor can not shoot in the player on a huge distance. He also can not find the player faster than original bot , if the player hid....
Last edited by Gadavre on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

MBot_D is a hunter but it need paths...
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

sektor2111 wrote:MBot_D is a hunter but it need paths...
I don't see this bot on your website. where is this download?
are you developer of this mutator?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:There are 2 problems anyway - I'm guessing LOGIC problems.
I noticed this behaviour also of ScriptedPawns in MonsterHunt: If the centre of players' collision cylinder is not visible for Pawns, they do not shoot at player. So I guess that engine's detection if something is in line of sight ignores Actors' mesh as well as its collision cylinder and reduces it to a trace between the pivot points of both Actors.

Excellent visual representation attached :ironic: : Human players will see parts of the mesh and therefore know that something is there; for other Pawns the line of sight is interrupted by that obstacle and therefore they won't detect anything.
Attachments
LineOfSight.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Barbie
You are right!!! :tu: THAT'S ALL IT IS LINE OF SIGHT! The bot always shoots at the player If he sees all the body of the player

How to fix this problem?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gadavre wrote:
How to fix this problem?
Engine problem ... you can't fix it ... use other bots ... not default bots.
Or use XCGE.

Was this simple enough?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

With respect, if it is all down to line of sight, why in the video does the bot make as though to fire (twice) and then 'decide' not to? The hesitant action suggests that the bot does 'see' the player and, as I have experienced, MBot_C will fire before it reaches the steps and before it must have a clear view of all of the player. Bots don't need a clear view of all of the body of the player in order to fire.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Gadavre wrote:I don't see this bot on your website. where is this download?
sektor2111 wrote:Last MBot_D is optimized for XCGE in thread "Short Bot Note".
OjitroC wrote:as I have experienced, MBot_C will fire before it reaches the steps and before it must have a clear view of all of the player. Bots don't need a clear view of all of the body of the player in order to fire.
I don't know how do you want to be Bot, but for sure I'm getting tired looking at Bot retarded firing innocent doors. MBot is not firing if "FireOffset" doesn't have a direct trace with Enemy.Location and so does NsMonster, also SeePlayer at these "creatures" will not react through Movers - not even ON-LINE. As long as you bug CanFireAtEnemy using different spots, MBot will not shoot, unless something is wrong traced by Engine or a timer reacts with delay or presumed future target location is available as a direct firespot for non hit-scan weaponry.
You guys can trace 15 or 150 lines lagging your servers with super duper pawns, I'm not gonna do such trashes. MBot_D can hunt so I only need maps pathed well, the rest are a no go. MBot_D works with default UT as well but is limited in features without XCGE. You might hit a try into some arena mod and see what I mean compared with default Bot. Often playing MH, I was really annoyed looking at idiots killing themselves at doors (both Bots and Monsters), that's why MBot_C and similars are using a main checker against obstructions - will prevent probably that Engine.Pawn.Adjustaim crash as well...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@Sektor2111 - I'm sorry but you've lost me there. I use MBots extensively and, having read all you have written about them, understand your reasons for producing them; and appreciate the improvements you have made in bot performance. I was merely reporting what I saw when running 'tests' of bot behaviour in sniper arena on Deck16][.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's not about appreciating a work or not, it's about understanding how poor is coded this game and it was done for year 1999 being good as it is and... over modded and played.
Suddenly a bot cannot fire because he can see only my ear and nothing else. All right, what's the deal ? This is default Engine behavior A.I. related.
If car has a damaged engine you'll not fix it by washing car or painting it, so fix the damn engine or... change car.

There are 2 PathNodes shown linked in Editor from sniper arena. The reality is Path exist heading from sniper area to down area but not back-way. Higor added new ReachSpecs there, so Bot interested about camper on sniper area will find it - I personally tested those paths. Also in default Deck16][ Epic looks like were really busy to ruin path for Redeemer, Higor linked Teleporter with the nearest InventorySpot (Yes... InventorySpot can substitute a PathNode very well regarding to what are thinking others). And then map has now a different A.I. behavior so to speak is more BALANCED. These fixes are coming in run-time by only using XCGE.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

Barbie wrote: Excellent visual representation attached :ironic: : Human players will see parts of the mesh and therefore know that something is there; for other Pawns the line of sight is interrupted by that obstacle and therefore they won't detect anything.
It may be possible to change the values, coordinate system (X, Y, Z) of the variable line of Sight and to direct the line of sight directly to the head of the player? Then the bot can see the player whenever the player sees a bot.

By the way, I was told that in a game UT2004 bots shoot at the player even if they see one head! it is really possible to fix it!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gadavre wrote:
Barbie wrote: Excellent visual representation attached :ironic: : Human players will see parts of the mesh and therefore know that something is there; for other Pawns the line of sight is interrupted by that obstacle and therefore they won't detect anything.
It may be possible to change the values, coordinate system (X, Y, Z) of the variable line of Sight and to direct the line of sight directly to the head of the player? Then the bot can see the player whenever the player sees a bot.

By the way, I was told that in a game UT2004 bots shoot at the player even if they see one head! it is really possible to fix it!
Not in UT1 ...You have to understand, that all those "changes" are only possible if you code an entirely new bot.
Many people did this already ...M-Bot, FerBotz (wasn't there a third one?)

No simple mutator or patch will fix the default bot line of sight because it's hard-coded.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Notifying an object (line of sight) is only half the story. If you go into detail for a successful attack you have to consider weapon specifics, like position of the projectile emitter (often not the same as eye position) and trajectory of the projectile (ballistic or linear for example). Rocket science? Depends on weapon... :lol:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I'm still not convinced the problem is all to do with line of sight. I have just played a sniper arena game on Deck16][ with me standing on the sniper platform only able to see the top step and I have been fired at by a bot (default UT) as it came (from the lift) to the top step - it fired from the same position that the bot in the video made as though to fire and then 'decided' not to. The bot also fired when over the low wall to the right of the steps and this is even lower than the steps and so with a more restricted line of sight.

I have noticed that the pathing on this map is such that the bots seem to normally only use the right hand side of the map (looking from the sniper platform) and seldom if ever go to the left - they may sometimes come up one of the ramps to get the kneepads but seldom do this. As I noted before, they also get in a loop repeatedly jumping over the low wall to the right of the steps, running back up the steps and repeating the jump, doing this several times.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Gadavre wrote:FerBotz by Higor can not shoot in the player on a huge distance. He also can not find the player faster than original bot , if the player hid....
I really have no problem with ferbotz. I even had them playing with my custom sniper rifle and everything works fine. In any map too, including large map where you are a mini-me they shoot you first and you would have no idea where they are shooting from. Pretty dangerous. lol.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?