MH-[Hunx]-The_Enemy: How can I open the first door?

Discussions about UT99
Aldebaran
Masterful

MH-[Hunx]-The_Enemy: How can I open the first door?

Post by Aldebaran »

I want to play this map, but I don't find a way to open the first door to the first teleporter.
I opened the weapon glass cases in the start room with the bunnytrack sections but then no main door opened.
Somebody knows this map and can help me?

Downloadable here:
http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... ap&id=1619
Last edited by Aldebaran on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitman
Adept

Re: MH-[Hunx]-The_Enemy: How can I open the first door?

Post by Hitman »

I manege to play it, to open the fist door upstairs to the pups pick up the doubleenforcers downstairs and i mange to play it to the end, but this map have some flaws that can be corrected, i might do that...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Thank you! I would never have thought of that, to take the doubleenforcers to open a door :roll:
Because this is a standard weapon and in my case I have it already right from start.
If you have the intention to fix the map it would be a good thing to change that too, in my opinion...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Hitman wrote:this map have some flaws
Yes, you can do a runthrough by fetching the SuperShockrifle and killing the bosses only. Just skip the annoying "kill 100 of these, then 100 of those..." :lol:
PS: Also wired: you can trigger the movers of the locked items multiple times. On my evil days I used that to lock the public SuperShockrifle for others after I fetched it. :satan:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:PS: Also wired: you can trigger the movers of the locked items multiple times. On my evil days I used that to lock the public SuperShockrifle for others after I fetched it. :satan:
Nope... that's a small lesson of life for mappers which are unable to setup things properly - we were chatting about "TriggerToggles" sh!te around Bot Support is some MH map if memory doesn't cheat me: one guy opens door, other one closes it, one dude moves lift, another lady turns it back - all game goes in a full mess. Admin has duty for getting rid of trash loaded and not tested, because SP setup stuff is not for Net Games with more players without porting it properly. Other stuff making a mess: Translocator = No game > On my evil days I have received Redeemer and then... Amplifier, I've teleported my ass through that glass on wElitez... map killing last Queen by default (or telefraging it by entering in zone twice), after that I have finished map by playing "Flip" and blocking me with ass in up side - pretty relevant to show to the rest what stuff is used/combined in MH and "great" results of "development".
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I had a thought about the weapon-door-trigger. Perhaps a big button can be installed on the ceiling in the dark middle area of the main room which you have to shoot for opening the first door. Then the flashlights make sense too, without them you can't see the button.
Only my thoughts...

EDIT:
I played the map once more and many triggers does not work as they should in my opinion. Some doors to teleporters closed again without reason, the case with nuke in and the case with shield in does not open although they were unlocked in the bt section...
So the triggers in general should be checked.