Splitting MonsterHunt packages?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: Splitting MonsterHunt packages?

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Higor wrote:PD: If you haven't realized, I slipped up a stat recovery system... expect a complex scoreboard.
Will this complex scoreboard include IpToCountry?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

It will be a modification of Sektorka's scoreboard for SiegeUltimate, which was later improved by me in SiegeIV.

The aim is to replace the other team's tab with monster info.
Totally not bragging HUEHUE
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Higor wrote:The aim is to replace the other team's tab with monster info.
What monster info did you have in mind to show up on the scoreboard? Monster Count/ Monster Total Death /Monster Human Kills and ect.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Will you be throwing out an official release any time soon?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

When it's finished.

Unreal 1 weapon replacements can be edited in MonsterHunt.ini, the packages of said replacements are automatically added to the network map (XC_Engine only)
HUD shows boss count (killed/total) under monster count.
HUD uses SiegeIV's graphics and displays timers/charges for UDamage, Boots, Invisibility, Dampener, SCUBAGear. Dampener effects now noticeable on clients.
MonsterEnd's don't end the game multiple times.
The game may also set the 'bIsBoss' flag on monsters that trigger events and have over 1500 health.
LavaSlith added to package.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

DeathMessages need to be left as in 503 because they have an useless "."
See decal for OLASMD fire - probably a better audible combo On-Line.
Out of load problem - Recommend Dispersion - always does damage even if is not that much - better than nothing.
GesBioRifle - and not only that thing must have SimulatedProxy at projectiles (Slith as well).
OLEightball - Grenade explosion is muted... Seeking rocket looks ugly.
Weaponry needs little fine tuning.
Do a quadshot replacement.
Add osAmplifier OsWeaponPowerUp or such.
I have compiled repository - at this moment is moving pretty well.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

How about improvements on bot MH/MA AI? That is... telling bots to kill boss/specific creatures to finish a match or advance to another area without having them run in to a mover waiting for the boss to kill itself. I've read most of the posts but still don't know on what are the actual efforts toward improving bot game-play around MH.

I remember there being an Assault map that has a "monster-fort standard," where the offensive bots would try to kill the skaarj while the enemy team would defend - killing the skaarj would end the match.
Surely there should be a way in MH to make bots less retarded, so that they understand objectives that can lead a match to end properly rather than just rushing to monster ends full throttle and then dying to titan rocks.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bot game is pretty much good as it is because We need to OPEN a Door first (a lot of map are done like that) + some godz type where I have good Bot support in this original formula not Boss based - for monster Arena just move MonsterArenaEnd nearby a PathNode around Boss - that simple. The only wrapper needed is something like: Move to WayPoint if you don't have an enemy and that's all, else will only see Bots pushing doors like retards in all old maps which were functional.
We have also Navigation stuff improving A.I. but nobody seems to bother in doing tests.
Old UT Veteran wrote: Surely there should be a way in MH to make bots less retarded,
Clearly you did not tested v504 from December 2014. These changes are already done, Medor is hosting an XC sample server configured with Bots and a few maps with Bot Support, guaranteed it worth a try. Then you can compare how a Bot is playing in original MH vs these types (2 MH types are there).
Actually such a code with a huge behavior change is very... small.

Code: Select all

if ( ((aBot.Orders == 'Attack') || ((aBot.Orders == 'Freelance') && (FRand() > 0.25)))
 && ScriptedPawn(aBot.Enemy) == None ) //Add-on
You'll be surprised to see how much is changing the combat this thing - just recompile original MH source code using this tiny Add-On.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

sektor2111 wrote:Clearly you did not tested v504 from December 2014. These changes are already done, Medor is hosting an XC sample server configured with Bots and a few maps with Bot Support, guaranteed it worth a try. Then you can compare how a Bot is playing in original MH vs these types (2 MH types are there).
Thanks for letting me known. All this information was either unknown to me or unheralded until now.
Of course I'll drop by the test server sometime soon now as well - not the 1st time testing. This involves my runs with aegor on Cham's configured 1v1, player vs. botz, only flak(?) dm-liandri. :loool:
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Can't believe I spent the whole day on this shit.
Not dissatisfied tho.

Added scoreboard, and incomplete/untested score and data recovery system.
Tweaks will come later...
Attachments
MH_HudPreview_.jpg
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Higor wrote:Can't believe I spent the whole day on this shit.
Not dissatisfied tho.
I feel your pain. I'm always trying too improve UTES and never seem to get it where I want it.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

IptoCountry support added, pickup messages will display a UT3 style 'x2', 'x3' the more items of the same kind you pick up.

These are the texture packages flags are loaded from in this respective order:
CountryFlags2
CountryFlags5
CountryFlags3

Now I need an optional Damage to Score setting.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The MonsterTriggerMarker navigation point is a simple effect-less path in 503, but that changes in the prototype.
If placed within touching cylinder of a trigger, it can modify it's behaviour in interesting ways.

In the case of MonsterWaypoint and MonsterEnd, these markers can defer bot attraction to these points instead, making the mapper able to get bots to run to a 'seemingly' unreachable objective.
When placed touching FearSpot actors it can block the path when the FearSpot is enabled, very useful for blocking unsafe paths without having to resort to new code.

In the meantime I'm adding some finishing touches...
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

I'll be setting up an alternate MonsterHunt server this evening. Apparently some default files including maps have been replaced on the MH2 dev server which clearly is not compatible with the MH.u prototype.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

BTW, customization is much easier to do, samples of MonsterHunt.ini

The hunter icon is vertically scaled to fit the header, so you can pull tricks like using a 128x32 icon to create a header overlay instead of icon.
Easily helps identifying the server you're playing on, if the admin decides to employ some customization.
I should probably allow editing the scoreboards main color theme.

[MonsterHunt.MonsterHunt]
DamageToScore=400   >>>> when done this amount of damage, add 1 point
bReplaceUIWeapons=True
MonsterKillType[0]=Nali
MonsterKillType[1]=Cow
MonsterKillType[2]=None   >>>> add monster type and customize score per kill
MonsterKillScore[0]=-6
MonsterKillScore[1]=-6
MonsterKillScore[2]=0
HunterTeamName=Rage Squad
HunterTeamIcon=Botpack.Skins.JTele2_01
The following can be altered by mutators as well without the config being messed up.
Placeholder names, really hope to get rid of OLWeapons in the MH package.

[MonsterHunt.MonsterBase]
UIWeaponReplacement[0]=MonsterHunt.OLDPistol
UIWeaponReplacement[1]=MonsterHunt.OLAutoMag
UIWeaponReplacement[2]=MonsterHunt.OLStinger
UIWeaponReplacement[3]=MonsterHunt.OLASMD
UIWeaponReplacement[4]=MonsterHunt.OLEightball
UIWeaponReplacement[5]=MonsterHunt.OLFlakCannon
UIWeaponReplacement[6]=MonsterHunt.OLRazorJack
UIWeaponReplacement[7]=MonsterHunt.OLGESBioRifle
UIWeaponReplacement[8]=MonsterHunt.OLRifle
UIWeaponReplacement[9]=MonsterHunt.OLMinigun