Woody Woodpecker Tournament Total Conversion

Discussions about UT99
redgrape404
Average
Personal rank: High School graduate

Re: concept; Woody Woodpecker Tourment

Post by redgrape404 »

UTX wrote:Come on kid, wake up. There's no one here or anywhere who wants to make this, and then if it was actually a good idea, no one would help you because what you're basically saying is "Do it for me so I can claim I made it", and nobody in the history of the universe would agree to such thing.
That's me in the past now I'm saying "i'll be back with a demostration of my project and if it's any good do the rest and I can guid you with links and everyone can clame that they did their part in the project"
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The thing is you ask a lot of a project like that. It does not matter if it is something we all like.
All work done with this old engine is non-commercial, so you don't see many big projects.
You are not asking for a skin, or a map.
People ask for new player models all the time, but you get whatever the winds of chance blow in the doors.

For years me and Evil Grins have wanted to fight a giant lizard in some city maps. Him for Godzilla and me for the Cloverfield monster.
The only reason we may get something now is accidental, as another project has made it less work, so can be a "by-product".

First of all for a full mod, you need a coder that shares your vision. Then resources and helpers will become more available.
Bare in mind, that many worthy and well thought out mods never get finished.
UT3 did not get a ChaosUT because "things changed".
At Chaotic Dreams we are prepared and aware that at any point Chaos development could stall, and there be no new UT mod.
The standalone Chaos game being built with Octaforge is more important long-term.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Nobody wants anyone to stop anything, and that includes sharing ideas, but I don't think a shift to Looney Tunes will get more likes.

You may be missing the point; the project is simply too large and undefined, no matter the theme or topic. That and there is no shortage of mod ideas from the guys who mod. Better ideas have ended up dead, to be frank.

There are a few posters on the boards who are learning a lot from some of the experienced mappers/coders lately; you should read back into those threads and maybe pick up some good tips on how to dig into UEd. Really, a DIY approach is necessary - at least early in development - before others would want to be a part of the project. You'll have to bait the hook. :)

You seem to have a unique perspective and we look forward to flying around pecking dudes to death. :thuup:
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

How about this...if people pitch in this(me include)|, the project can be like a test in the field of rocket science and see how far we can take the engine to it's limits
| I made a base map of the first level of my project it is not yet finished but i'll have it done and to delibver hope, it'll be done soon
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

AlCapowned wrote:No offense, but like I said on OldUnreal, the only way a project like this is going to get anywhere is if you do at least some of it yourself. Given how nobody was interested in contributing to this for Unreal, you probably have to do most of it yourself. If a game project's leader can only work on promotional things like making a web site, or more basic things like writing and coming up with a story, the project can't succeed. At that point it means that the team members are doing 100% of the work when it comes to bringing the leader's ideas to reality, and that's not going to motivate them.

There are plenty of tutorials out there, and if you start learning now, eventually you'll be able to provide for a big portion of your project. Heck, if you learn everything that you need, then the project would be 100% yours, and you wouldn't have to wait to do what you want.
well, can you post the links to get the what I need for the Total Conversion
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

redgrape404 wrote:How about this...if people pitch in this(me include)|, the project can be like a test in the field of rocket science and see how far we can take the engine to it's limits
| I made a base map of the first level of my project it is not yet finished but i'll have it done and to delibver hope, it'll be done soon
forget about what I said
redgrape404
Average

Re: Woody Woodpecker Tourment Total Conversion

Post by redgrape404 »

You know, it might take a while to make this because I can't make a total covversion on a laptop and I have a lack of training, so I am condemming this topic as I shoudve done in Old Unreal I'll still be hear just training up on the engin such as changeing weapon properties and what ever else the engin is capeable
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

Ok I'll come clean I just have all the names down on Unreal Tourment and I wanted to share it with the ut99 community X I don't know how I can do that and if anyone's open to a total conversion idea or two I got a couple of whitch are in thses hyperlinks

Last edited by redgrape404 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

redgrape404 wrote:just have all the names down on Unreal Tourment and I wanted to share it with the ut99 community X I don't know how I can do that
You'll excuse me, but as it's been 7 months and 9 days since your last entry to this thread, plus you haven't mentioned "names" anywhere else in this thread, I'm a smidge confused what you mean.

If you have a list of names, and there's less than a thousand of them, just copy them into your next reply.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

Hear are the names I use when playing Unreal Tourment

Woody Woodpecker (player) Space Mouse Winnie Woodpecker Splinter Woodpecker Knothead Woodpecker Buzz Buzzard Woodrow Woodpecker Nickey Woodpecker Chilly Willy Smedley Dog and Wally Walrus
P.S have you checked the hyperlinks
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@EvilGrins
You had to ask, right?
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

Yeah esp in uploading photos
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

look I have the photos hard evidence that I have an idea, a dream according to Martin Luther King Junior and I would like to see that dream into a reality franchise characters like Woody Woodpecker to make up what they flopped, I have a dream.

P.S I learned that to upload photos they have to be in PNG format so I don't need a tip on uploading photos
Attachments
Shot0237.png
Last edited by redgrape404 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:You had to ask, right?
Throw the dog a bone... and look, he made a double-post!
redgrape404 wrote:look I have the photos hard evidence that I have an idea
1. Martin Luther King Jr's dream isn't the kinda thing you should reference for something like this. Not cool.
2. Uploaded images do not need to be in .png, they can be .jpg too... though that tends to be fuzzier on certain colors.
3. The names on your screenshot you could've easily typed and I've re-read this entire thread and have ZERO clue what your intention is.
4. You don't need to put _ between names in UT. Just use spaces:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
redgrape404
Average

Post by redgrape404 »

O.K so how do I revise the thread so that it's focused on one thing,

P.S did i also put in way too much confusing detail or do I have to make some big revisions