Splitting MonsterHunt packages?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Splitting MonsterHunt packages?

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote: these markers can defer bot attraction to these points instead, making the mapper able to get bots to run to a 'seemingly' unreachable objective.
I'm curious if such a map will work with default MH because stuff from there is rammed, and it was never used, but maps with Bot Support were operational somehow in old style, at least cover was good in well pathed maps. Mainly Waypoint wrapped and combined with enemy proximity does a very good thing, else your XC_PathBuilder helped me in some map a la MH-Mixed to make it fully operational taking an account Player an Bot in the same way.
Shrimp did samples of Bot Support but not in all maps was good, issues being... PATHS. If paths are good (influenced by geometry), Bot will find even a horsefly. Mainly for almighty every MH version can be used something natively triggering Bot to mission, a dynamic inventory very custom NOT replaced because it is not weapon and not ammo and not armor just a sort of "BotBurguer" Ferali did something like that increasing the desire as in DM style, and forcing FindBestInventoryPath to participate at MH, else I'm not sure if we won't break default MH with stuff which no one was taking in account because it did not worked years and even in 2050 in MH503 won't work without some ReplaceFunction calls. XC which I do is a subclass hacking trash out and it do looks much improved.
I'm using with success HuntNode in MyLevels, triggers to help BT, Things like FV-LinkedPoint, OneWay routes, different cheap hacks at Horizontal lifts (MH-Mixed in cause too). And everything is much improved when 3 MBots can travel on a platform without blabbering, just waiting the Lift to reach at destination. For old obsolete MH I have touch protection for WayPoints but probably something is not that good in controller - "Run-In-Place" at order "attack" proves how stupid is that attraction thing.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I'm really liking the new features for this MH prototype. Can't wait to see what you have planned for monster statistics on the scoreboard. So far I'm very impressed. :gj:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I like those small add-ons in HUD (about scuba and the rest), I'm thinking to import them into XC_MH.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Small update with lots of general fixes, lives based games should work ok now.
Someone should test if the bot/player touching a MonsterEnd trigger becomes the view target of all players (good way to finding out who the prick that touches the MonsterEnd is)
We also got Damage to Score setting and a MH rules tab on practise session menu.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I'm interested. Sign me up!

EDIT:
I will compile and let ya know how it goes.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Stats in monsterhunt are silly, so I decided to do something more original and useful.
MH_ScoreEvents.JPG
Check the latest code update, stuff like this isn't easily written :loool:
The good thing is that these events can be drawn independantly of the scoreboard's code which makes modding far easier.
Next step will be implementing translator events on this system.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Wheeew ! Now this is interesting - I go to GitHub.
Edit: ScoreKill

Code: Select all

if ( S.bIsPlayer )
			S.bIsPlayer = false; //Prevent skaarj log bug on non-XCGE servers (?)
Actually that freak is... not that much killable in those old servers with UTJ, so it won't be a deal in Scorekill - I recommend ReduceDamage deal as a first code and do exception for UTDMT or creatures with PlayerReplicationInfo.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Higor wrote:Stats in monsterhunt are silly, so I decided to do something more original and useful.

download/file.php?id=7544&mode=view

Check the latest code update, stuff like this isn't easily written :loool:
The good thing is that these events can be drawn independantly of the scoreboard's code which makes modding far easier.
Next step will be implementing translator events on this system.
:rock: Yes!!
This is just awesome and long overdue.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Hint ?
By getting MonsterHunt.u file for coders, and conforming it with common version 503 used in servers things are gonna be more domestic for Player/Mapper/Modder, right ? :|
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Will be taking a 3 day break.
A coders-only package should not be conformed, it will otherwise cause problems with the actual Gen 2.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

If would knew this deal before, (Package conformation) in my noob MH Times I would recompile a MH version for my server and players could figure that my RazorJack works, Skaarj are killable, Berserkers are bunching at player not at themselves and so on...
But right now weather is not that bad, XC_MonsterHunt has been tweaked with Mover fixes rewritten to discard some iterators, ScriptedPawn over-tweaking is not that necessary as long as I'm no longer need pointing ScriptedPawn execution to other class, because from now on ScriptedPawn do works as should - I think I have finally figured ghosting bug where is coming from - others were trying to fix it using "post methods" I prefer to slap it right from it's root moment and not tweaking it later... by writing a new execution for engine, simply first execution should be properly initiated and not fixed later.
The only problem which will get solution VIA mutator is TriggerControl mover. By wrapping code it might break a crap-ton of maps - doors closing back without instigators, else it needs more lines written which... doesn't worth any effort, my primary solution looks like it works how I need, fake mover attached is controlling mover properly and *Only* if is supposed to be a door, else it's morphed to default TrigerOpenTimed triggered ONCE.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Lol, I'm liking these, although this is only a quick halfassed design, will make it better later.
Attachments
MonsterHunt_Event2.jpg
MonsterHunt_Event2.jpg (42.71 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Lil' update with some interface improvements and code cleanups, player armor can be seen below health when looking at them.

I was thinking with embedding Locale files in the .U file and self-extract them if the client doesn't have them.
Gonna need translators keeping up with the changes, I'm taking care of the EST file (spanish locale)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Agree with Locale setup.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Weapons dropped by Skaarj's shouldn't mess up the player's inventory chain when picked up by net clients.
Bots should be able to actively search and eliminate monsters in maps where objectives can't be reached (provided the map has proper pathing), if the player is killed by a monster there's a good chance bots will go after it.

Have some more eyecandy in the meantime (those are Botz r19 in MH-LongCorridor2006)
Attachments
MH_ScoreLC2006.jpg