How do you play alone?

Discussions about UT99
Zanna
Average

Re: How do you play alone?

Post by Zanna »

Chamberly wrote:Ferbotz does work. Some people have trouble understanding how to install them to get it to work.
Can they play custom game modes as well? Any bugs or something I should know before installing?
I might give them a try

While I was downloading custom gametypes, I was wondering: did you guys ever tried this one? It's called Apprehension
http://www.uncommonplace.com/games/apprehension.html
It shows up as a blank space in the gametype selection, and there's no mutator. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong

edited One quick annoyance I found while playing with bots. I want to have like a handicap match or smoething. Maybe 3v5 in assault, or 4v5 in CTF. How do I do this? I know there's some ways like setting it up etc. but is there a mutator that lets me have total control?
der Kas... the cheesy prison supervisor...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

der Kas wrote:It's called Apprehension
http://www.uncommonplace.com/games/apprehension.html
It shows up as a blank space in the gametype selection, and there's no mutator. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong
Have you also tried playing it? Probably the empty line in "Game type" is because of this:
CTF4-utx-missing.jpg
CTF4-utx-missing.jpg (24.38 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
<EDIT>
What means the developer did not add all needed files to his archive.
</EDIT>
<EDIT2>
The file CTF4.u (Size 929167 Bytes, CRC32: FFBAE018) contains the missing textures. This file can be found in some other projects of the developer, for example in ctf4.
</EDIT2>
Last edited by Barbie on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
smeerkat
Skilled
Personal rank: DHR

Post by smeerkat »

I would also like to know where I can download Monster Hunt v504. I only found v503 on Mod DB.

Also, bot support is lacking in some maps?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

smeerkat wrote:I would also like to know where I can download Monster Hunt v504. I only found v503 on Mod DB.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5301
smeerkat wrote:Also, bot support is lacking in some maps?
Yes, because mapper tend to be lazy and excuse it with "it's intended to be played online with human player"
But even some server running bots sometimes to fill the gab till enough real player joining... but those lazy mappers don't care.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

I haven't done it for a while but why not start the game from the beginning with bots on godlike and finish it all?
Always a good challenge if you haven't played in ages.

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

To be honest 504 requires that helper to work more properly (preventing stuck Bot at dispersion), or Wtriggerer for letting weapons alone (not replaced).

OFF-LINE MH and Bots. I'll tell a small and true story.
There are only a few maps where bot can finish game or... cover player. It's about those levels until year 2008-2009:
(MH-)Templar, Arden+fix1, LiandriInvasion, LiandriConflictv2, Forbidden (original), Revenge][, Canyon, Sinister, LandsOfNapali, HellFireV3. MH-AS-Overlord, MH-AS-Guardia, MH-AS-Frigate (I did full Bot support and conversion in a version posted in forum), and *almost all levels where you can see Derdak2root, XYZ8000 (if I'm not mistaking), Kardiologist, Rob - which are the mostly old popular MH mappers.
Some of maps have paths but objectives bad placed, so Bot will cover you on demand. A few others might be forgotten (my bad), but obviously MH maps are empty and stupid because of desire to be popular rather than mapping well, and motivation is the same stupid sentence: I did map for servers. It sounds like servers are going down if map has PathNodes :loool: Aside,
Very few mappers know what to do because reading Shrimp's Info seems written in whatever language which nobody can understand (english - more exactly), the rest is their usual goofing which can be seen in any game-type when is about Bot Support.

The rest of MH is based on requests - if you have a map with a good geometry and decent load of actors I'm able to put Bot Support inside on demand and even in private. Also Higor is Bot guy here, just ask help because it doesn't hurt. Bot support is a pretty easy task in normal maps - I have a bunch of them modified with Bot Support for my OFF-Line gaming spree.

Last map with Bot Support in original is MH-3072-FloorWays_rv1 - which I did around 3072 contest. It has a "Next Level" in demo XC MH server which Medor is hosting MH-TrainCommando (if you don't have claustrophobia) - there, majority of maps have Bot support, and server has all needs for "OFF-Line" play I mean a LAN server for personal usage and custom Bots.

I did not added more modified maps to not warm up the spirit of fake mapping.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

der Kas wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Ferbotz does work. Some people have trouble understanding how to install them to get it to work.
Can they play custom game modes as well? Any bugs or something I should know before installing?
I might give them a try
They do play with any gametypes, some other customs are not tested.

But either way, try it, and give us feedback on it to improve it.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

I will I will
At the moment I was messing around with the editor. i have in mind to compile all the functioning game modes and mutators, I think i'm at a good point.
Thanks for all the other posts, huge info in here :highfive:

@papercoffee: I forgot. The carroteer sometimes bugs out when pressing both the mouse buttons or in rapid successions. I tried them with no other mutators and (I hope!) the last version of Food Fight.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

der Kas wrote:@papercoffee: I forgot. The carroteer sometimes bugs out when pressing both the mouse buttons or in rapid successions
Never experienced this issue myself, but then again I shoot Primary with CTRL & Alternate with SpaceBar.
Keyboard players win again!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

der Kas wrote: @papercoffee: I forgot. The carroteer sometimes bugs out when pressing both the mouse buttons or in rapid successions. I tried them with no other mutators and (I hope!) the last version of Food Fight.
This is even more odd ...because the Carroteer has no alt fire. It got removed because the planned zoom mode didn't worked.
Ok ...have to reproduce your bug. Never experienced this issue myself, as well. :???:
Zanna
Average

Post by Zanna »

https://sendvid.com/df74l7aw
When I stop shooting you can see I start to change weapons but it doesn't
I just kept pressing both fires, sometimes holding one of them
hope it helps (damn it took a long time to upload this! :mrgreen: )