uHot (UT + SUPERHOT) 1.0

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Darkness
Experienced

uHot (UT + SUPERHOT) 1.0

Post by Darkness »

SUPERHOT core mechanics applied to classic UT, with time moving only when you move, dodgeable projectiles and visuals based on original SUPERHOT.

C1KD8FNeesI

4nqpUNGeQLg

Features:
  • Time flows based on your movement: the slower you are, the slower the time flows.
  • When you're stopped, time almost stops: projectiles become much slower.
  • All base UT weapons were redone to use projectiles with tracers, so everything is dodgeable.
  • Visuals based on SUPER HOT: players are red, weapons and pickups are grey, projectiles are black with red tracers.
Compatibility:
  • Mutator, compatible with most GameTypes.
  • Since it replaces all weapons, it's not compatible with other weapon mods.
  • Since it relies too much on changing speed of projectiles, it only works in singleplayer.
Setup:
Start a practice session and add the desired mutator to play the mod.
  • uHOT: keeps regular UT balance, replacing default weapons with their modified counterparts to work together with SUPERHOT mechanics.
  • uHOT Instagib: replaces all weapons with Enhanced Shockrifle, so balance goes towards SUPERHOT, as everything kills on one hit.
Multiplayer:
The mod is NOT compatible with multiplayer, so only use it on Botmatches.

Troubleshooting:
Mod doesn't work!
If the game doesn't become slower when you stop, it's probably because your UT is running on a much higher frequency than the engine supports.
Possible solutions would be turning VSync on, or using an alternative executable of the game to make it run at correct speed (search for unreal tournament multicore fix).

After playing the mod, the game is slowed down without it!
Since this mod messes with game speed, whenever you use it and decide to play without it, your game will be slowed down. Open the in-game console and type Slomo 1 to return the game to its normal speed.

Mod Profile:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/uhot

Download:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/uhot/downloads/uhot-v10
Last edited by Darkness on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: uHot (UT + SUPERHOT) Beta

Post by Carbon »

Looks like a blast! Thanks for your work. I'll give it a go and report back. Cheers! :gj:
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

Carbon wrote:Looks like a blast! Thanks for your work. I'll give it a go and report back. Cheers! :gj:
Thanks! To be honest, I spent a lot of time on it at first, but I actually got caught between multiple hobbies, and in the last 2 weeks I almost didn't work on it.

Probably because what's missing is most visual stuff, and I hate doing that... lol. Still, I'll try to "fix" what's missing on the texture side to make it look a little less buggy (mainly PulseGun projectile textures, I guess).

Otherwise, it's pretty functional. Falling projectiles are still a little weird during the slowdowns, since I had to make a weird formulate to offset it as much, but I couldn't find a way to make it look perfect, so I'll have to work like that.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

Looks nice downloading now! :gj:
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

Nephew9999 wrote:Looks nice downloading now! :gj:
Thanks, guys. Any feedback is appreciated... specially if you guys managed to do it before Sunday :mrgreen:

My main concern is when the "slomo" doesn't work, due to UT running too fast... I should explain it better on how to fix it. Any hints?

EDIT:
JackGriffin wrote:PM
JackGriffin, I'll answer you here, since I can't PM you for some reason. Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding the mod...

I didn't envision much for it... just decided to give it a shot for the #makeitsuperhot contest, a good time after being away from modding. Since I already knew UT99, it was my best shot. I had plenty fun to begin with, since I love UT from a long time, but time made me appreciate more its original balance, instead of enjoying overkill weapons as I used to back in the youth, so I tried to stick to it.

In case anyone want to help somehow:
Spoiler
- removing textures from the levels: I spent a lot of time trying to accomplish this, but gave up since I did it but it gave a lot of weird side effects to the game.

- dealing better with falling projectiles: projectiles have their velocity reduced more than the "slomo" of the game, to allow doding and reaction. But it doesn't work perfectly with falling projectiles, due to their trajectory being impacted by gravity. I tried to avoid this, but in the end, I had to do some "hacks" to make it stop falling and keep falling, so the trajectory isn't perfect. If it could be polished to work perfectly as their original trajectory, would be a plus. This behavior is defined in a timer inside the mutator, if anyone is curious to see how it works. Everything is commented, so it's quite easy to understand.

- custom messages: I planned to do the "kill messages" and similar messages look like SUPERHOT messages, but didn't even give it a try due to time limit.

- respawn effect: other flavor thing I thought about was when killed and respawned, give a little effect on the camera like happens in SUPERHOT, that makes you feel like you're moving towards a screen. Also didn't give it a try.

These flavor things will probably be ignored.

Apart from that, just visuals... I plan just to recolor UT textures from projectiles and all. Specially the PulseGun is lacking the proper textures, but it's something I can do today during lunch time. Or tomorrow for the deadline!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry D, it's fixed. I had turned off getting PM's because an old member wouldn't stop sending them. PM away now. Alternately you can email me at agutgopostal at gmail dot com.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

JackGriffin wrote:Sorry D, it's fixed. I had turned off getting PM's because an old member wouldn't stop sending them. PM away now. Alternately you can email me at agutgopostal at gmail dot com.
No problem. I basically answered most of what I would have sent to you above.