=Food Fight= for MonsterHunt

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: =Food Fight= for MonsterHunt

Post by papercoffee »

I thought about this map ...but I have to edit it because Jack didn't made a simple mutator (or full server mod) to replace the weapons on the fly. I'll keep everything as it is and just replace the pick-ups and weapons.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Cool.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

papercoffee wrote:Jack didn't made a simple mutator (or full server mod) to replace the weapons on the fly.
That's because these weapons *are not* to be used that way. The recode was done to accommodate swapper/loadout mods. The last thing MH needs is yet another 'replacement' mod running. Most MH servers are a dumpster fire of error lines and unintended consequence already.

Placing the weapons directly into the map via editor or loading them to the player manually are the choices you have. I told you I was just not going to make more of a mess in MH and that's why these are done the way they are. I sent you the source code, if you really have to have a replacement mod done then any of several people here would make one since the hard work is done.

I'm with Nelsona. It also really irritates me when people won't put the same weight on 'what problems it creates' that they do on 'I want this'. Do you really think for a moment I would restrict the use of these for some arbitrary reason? I've been wanting to release unleashed versions of the FF weapons for (literally) years. I certainly wouldn't hobble their ease-of-use without reasonable cause.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: I told you I was just not going to make more of a mess in MH and that's why these are done the way they are. I sent you the source code, if you really have to have a replacement mod done then any of several people here would make one since the hard work is done.
It's all good pal. I just explained why I have to edit a map to run those weapons :wink:
I don't want a replacement mod to add to the mess of MH.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

All right guys, a tiny tech around Mods, FF included.

Probably MH version 504 should have removed UT related fixes (UT_Eightball, PulseGun, Minigun) letting mods to run simple with no complexity. IN that time 2014 I did not know the deal with packages conformed and the freedom for fixing stuff as an admin wants. So it might be advisable a conformed MH simple and... just fixed all mess from 503 but... using another Engine ready for working with "mods". So to speak, the master key is "ReplaceWith" from Engine.Mutator. A bunch of things are suddenly good if these are written properly. ScriptedPawn might be convinced to be a good guy as well. Seriously, exhausting engine with a fix rather than running a good code by default is pointless. At least 30 replacements can be removed from my loaded MH2 types if server/game runs good codes by default and preventing another load.

Nowadays MH runs at 100% Power and I'm referring to Engine usage not CPU usage - I'm not sure if you get want I mean. Engine is pretty limited and we need these resources to run codes not fixes - See DevPath out of duty in many "maps" = TRASHES. Monsters seems deaf and blind in others and they don't react only if you shoot first - do you like this way ? Perfect, I don't. Other maps delivers an instant crash due to geniuses screwing things, congrats for the work and now get 3 kicks in butt as a bonus reward. You might draw conclusion that I prefer the cleaner way rather than 2000 tweaks and dumb things.
Samples: UT_Eightball has bugs ? No kidding me, Eightball is probably perfect, woow... BOTH OF THEM are UTTER SH!T. How to solve problem, by upgrading UT yourself because EPIC are busy with other NON UT game called UT, end of story.

FoodFight running on some UT coded well by default will have a superior functionality and compatibility by default.
We need a team not UTPG style ( removing/changing stuff rather than fixing it - removing/changing is not a fix) for starting to do some Conformed Stock files (Engine, UnrealI, UnrealShare, Botpack) with sanitizers in all NON simulated functions and even removing simulated stuff from stupid things which doesn't need any simulation <Engine.Pawn.AdjustAim> - I run that simple non-simulated for weeks without a single issue. By putting things on the right track you'll be surprised to see how do they might look and feel like.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

@sektor2111
sorry, I don't quiet get what you want to tell me/us.
Did we do something wrong? Do you want to test the FoodFight MH mod before I release it?
It's just weapons nothing more.
Oh and the most deadliest weapon of all ...the Canopener with Jalapeño(Halapenjo) ammunition. :mrgreen:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Me saying about old replacing issue + the rest... I saw here that previous screenshot from a map which... I don't need to recall what a hacked mess I did for Bot support, lol.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I tweaked the ini file. now is this beast ready to get published. It didn't need an extra map ...just avoid to pick up the default weapons if you don't like it. You'll get all the FF weapons from start.
If you doesn't use an ammo regen mutator should you save your ammo of the two super weapons the Halapenjo/jalapeño and the Brocconade ...or just set up the ini to have more of it.

Only the readme is missing right now.

This weekend is FoodFight time!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Other than the weekend server, will there be a download too?

I'm not gonna be able to get on, family stuff.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Other than the weekend server, will there be a download too?

I'm not gonna be able to get on, family stuff.
Oh ...you got me wrong. No Weekend Server but the download and a fun weekend ...because people can play it?

:|
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:No Weekend Server but the download and a fun weekend
Yay!
papercoffee