Best Monster Hunt Maps with Platforming Elements?

Discussions about UT99
monsterhuntmax

Best Monster Hunt Maps with Platforming Elements?

Post by monsterhuntmax »

Hi folks,

I'm a veteran UT99 player but I haven't played in years. It's been so long since I was part of a clan as part of the 'young guns' - and look at me now, I'm an old man with a desk job now.

That doesn't mean I stopped having fun.

I'm hosting a LAN Party in the next few weeks and in anticipation I've loaded up on Monster Hunt maps. However there's a specific genre of MH maps that I'm still looking for.

I'm looking for suggestions for platform based monster hunts, that is to say:

- Start with bad weapons
- Need to do a puzzle/platform to unlock better weapons
- Once good weapons acquired, tackle the monsters

Examples: MH-BirdBrain or MH-Godz (and their variants).

I have around 10GB of MH maps but I don't have time to test them all out, so does anyone know of any specific maps that match my interest?

Map name only is fine, I can Google-fu if I need to download it.

Thanks so much,
Max
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Re: Best Monster Hunt Maps with Platforming Elements?

Post by SilverSound »

If only a list of GOOD and BAD existed. Then no one would download that 4-5 part zip of like 10 gig maps off utfiles.....It could be like 5 gigs instead. :ironic2:

Personally I hate it when MH maps add Platforming. It's stupid to me. I don't care about the platforming, I just want to shoot some monsters!

I know that the "GODZ" maps have some platforming for the weapon unlocks but that's about it for me.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:MH-[HUNX]-The_Enemy (sadly not bugfree)
What are the issues in this map? The unlocking/locking is wired, but may be intended by mapper. Beside this I did not notice errors.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:The unlocking/locking is wired, but may be intended by mapper.
Exactly this is the Problem, imagine 10 players more clueless about map... One unlocking other is locking, nobody knows what is the deal until they roam there for hours and... Not PLAYING other cute maps because are wasting time with a "puzzle" (to not use other term) I'm not gonna ask about Bot Support for such case and neither if a monster is guarding a button or not...
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Unlocking the Warheadlauncher and Shockrifle with the bunnytrack parts did not worked here (also when you are playing alone!), also you can end each monster part without killing all monsters in. I noticed that some teleporters closed again after playing the part (partially?), others stayed open. I can't remember all in detail because it's some days ago I played it.
Last edited by Aldebaran on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

These are happening because they can be triggered multiple times - yeah, sometimes a trigger has a double action because mapper never heard about a DISPATCHER and bTriggerOnceOnly - Like I said before. Those were sitting in my server for a very few time, I don't recall how much but definitely they look like guess-type maps which I don't use.
monsterhuntmax

Post by monsterhuntmax »

SilverSound wrote:If only a list of GOOD and BAD existed. Then no one would download that 4-5 part zip of like 10 gig maps off utfiles.....It could be like 5 gigs instead. :ironic2:

Personally I hate it when MH maps add Platforming. It's stupid to me. I don't care about the platforming, I just want to shoot some monsters!

I know that the "GODZ" maps have some platforming for the weapon unlocks but that's about it for me.
Sorry I guess I should clarify. What I meant more I guess was just that I wanted a filtered list based off what I was looking for, rather than a ranked list.

If that makes any sense. That is to say: not every Monster Hunt map has platforming elements. Some are just pure monster-rush style levels or platforming with no-rewards. Some of those maps are fantastic, and I agree that I should grab all the maps in a 10GB pack for example, but for the event I was trying to coordinate I don't think those maps apply.

I'm asking because my friends told me that they enjoyed the platform-reward style MH maps. Hope this helps explain things :).
Awesome! I'll check these all out ASAP.

And then the next step is to figure out how to setup the dedicated server (locally run for LAN) with all the necessary mods. When I tested earlier it seems my friends couldn't get a HUD when they connected to my game :P - So I'm probably doing something wrong, haha.

Thanks for the help guys! Looking forward to playing these maps. My inner child is happy.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The easiest way would be to install all the mods at your friends machine as well.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

There are two other maps coming to my mind:

MH-Lordz-beta (http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/ ... z-beta.zip)
MH-3072-Floorways (download/file.php?id=7369)

EDIT: Update the link
Last edited by Aldebaran on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It's FloorWays_rv1 right here on contest thread, Medor is not always up-to-date with things. Old one has a small bug in a script "!".