Custom "Ultra" UT99 campaign.

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
ExpEM
Adept

Custom "Ultra" UT99 campaign.

Post by ExpEM »

Greetings all,

I've been working away on unreal (227) with the 227BotPack to bring the Vanilla campaign to unreal (Still requires UT99 installed).
It uses a custom root window in much the same way as OldSkool to add custom menus etc. and can be disabled at any time.

With the vanilla campaign done, I'm looking to add extra maps, teams, (enemy) players and some "unique" fights / mini bosses.
I've acquired the PS2 player models, skins and faces along with creating some of my own.

What I need from you:
-Suggestions for extra levels of any gametype, must be fully botpathed and look upto scratch, I will accept non-pathed levels if permission is given to modify.
-Feel free to submit your own levels!
-Extra player models / skins.
-What would you like to see in a custom campaign? Let me know!
-Suggestions for alternate ladder screens (Draw me a picture if nothing else).

Let me know what you want to see, all suggestions, comments and / or requests are welcome.

Preview:
Signature goes here.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Custom "Ultra" UT99 campaign.

Post by EvilGrins »

Could you maybe expand a bit on what "Ultra" is in this context?

I'm not familiar.
ExpEM wrote:-Extra player models / skins.
Never played the PS2 version, but from what I've seen of the models from it, existing skins from many of the ut99 models fit on them fine.

As you can see · viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11897

Basically you can use the same skins ut99 has, custom and otherwise, for those models.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

As a side project I'm working on "UltraBots" a complete new AI which runs on personality attributes rather than standard skill.
UltraBots are designed to be an AI with human flaws like getting flustered when loosing or cocky when winning, either increases the chance the bot will do something dumb much like humans.
UltraBots also have a whole host of new NavigationPoints for getting around levels along with personal weapon likes and dislikes.
UltraBots have independant pickup tracking and attempt to predict when an item will respawn, Bots with a lower "Pickup_Attribute"
What all that boils down to is UltraBots have emergant personalitys and will each behave differently given the same circumstances.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
All that about UltraBots has nothing to do with UltraTournament asides from namesake at this point in time, however when the UltraBots are finished I will add an option to play against them rather than vanilla Bots.
Long story short, I needed a name to indicate that it isn't Unreal Tournament and chose "Ultra" simply as I am using "Ultra" for a second project.

EDIT:
Also I'm fully aware that the PS2 models fit PC skins. I'm aiming for around 200 bots so I requested the extra models / skins for variety.
Signature goes here.
AndryxaXP
Novice

Post by AndryxaXP »

Can users make their company by adding different user maps from different authors in order to prolong the main company? (Its plot). To the player arranged his own tournament to the taste of custom the maps that he would like to see. For example, to diversify this menu to add levels here. :D
Attachments
UnrealTournament 2017-04-14 12-54-59-59.jpg
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Yep, I'm planning on having almost everything accessed through the ini file so adding or removing user maps will be trivial.
I may make a custom window in-game to do that too if I don't feel too lazy, feel free to recommend any user maps you would like to see.
Signature goes here.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

As the friend spoke earlier, I would like to see the unreal skins so also all the ps2 maps enclusive the mod and maps RA (rocketarena)

And I would like to see a lot of blood in the head shot as well as the camper mods -> sshot https://ibb.co/hqaj35 (head shot)

I would also like a better look for our sniper, but beautiful but detailed similar also the mod camper snipers (Crosshair) -> sshot https://ibb.co/mGwDwQ

I would also like to see the images in .bmp that open together with fullhd

UnrealTournament\Help

Splash0
Splash1
Splash2
Splash3
Splash4
UnrealTournamentLogo
UnrealTournamentSetupLogo
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Good luck with this, I was looking for a simpler way to make my own UT ladder and this sure looks like it :thuup:

*bookmarks*

Oh and moved the thread to Unreal Exports, since its a U227 mod, right?
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

As the friend spoke earlier, I would like to see the unreal skins so also all the ps2 maps enclusive the mod and maps RA (rocketarena)
-Do you mean you want Unreal1 players available as Players / Bots?
-Yep can do the console maps that have been ported to PC.
-As for Rocket Arena, Due to the nature of how it works I would have to do some heavy modding. Would it be acceptable for me to split up the RA maps into single maps (No arena changing)? Other than that, yep I can whip up a custom gametype to play like RA.
And I would like to see a lot of blood in the head shot as well as the camper mods -> sshot https://ibb.co/hqaj35 (head shot)
I would also like a better look for our sniper, but beautiful but detailed similar also the mod camper snipers (Crosshair) -> sshot https://ibb.co/mGwDwQ
-I'm working on how best to make Mutators available.
I would also like to see the images in .bmp that open together with fullhd
-Could you please clarify what you mean here? Do you mean as a replacement for the Menu backdrop or for the Tournament UI?
-I am planning optional 'Nostalgia' Loading Screens that can pop up between level changes, I was going to use those splash screens there.
Good luck with this, I was looking for a simpler way to make my own UT ladder and this sure looks like it :thuup:
-Thanks! You did the Unreal Championship mod didn't you? Most enjoyable, I looked at it and thought there must be an easier way.
Oh and moved the thread to Unreal Exports, since its a U227 mod, right?
-Yes it is for U227 currently although it will probibly work in UT (maby).
Signature goes here.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

No I didn't make it LOL. Just found it one day :mrgreen:

Oh and for map suggestions... I wanna make either a FoT+CTC mappack ladder... or a FnB one :tongue:
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Just a small update, working on the UI system. It's all grey scale so any colours can be overlayed (Ref. Deus Ex 2000).
I'm abit in a fuzz on how to handle trophys. Namely custom gametype ladders etc. such as should I create more trophys or just not worry?
The arrows under the challenge ladder button will bring up the other custom ladder(s) for extra gametypes.
Signature goes here.
AndryxaXP
Novice

Post by AndryxaXP »

It's my dream, I can not wait to try it out in business! good luck to you in the difficult task :wink:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Regarding trophies... I'd say not to bother too much with that.....

... even if I now have an interest of how a Jailbreak trophy would look like :mrgreen: