Error Messages

Discussions about UT99
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Error Messages

Post by Barbie »

papercoffee wrote:How long should FurMark run?
Until the machine crashes... :lol2: Honestly, if the machine runs FurMark longer than UT crash time limit, it's probably not a problem of an over heated GPU.
papercoffee wrote:I reached 100°C after 3 minutes. I have no clue how hot a video card can get before it's unhealthy.
I neither have concrete data - only the manufacturer can give reliable specifications (maybe have a look at manufacturer's web site). But 100°C seems a lot; I would put a fan on it (it is a passive cooled graphic card).
<EDIT>
If you decide for a GPU fan, consider also mounting a case fan - twirling hot air in the case instead of blowing it out means other components will get warmer also.
</EDIT>
In the years of handling hardware my guideline has been: if you cannot touch it anymore, it's too hot. Furthermore: the higher the temperature, the shorter is the life time of electronic components.
papercoffee wrote:Software Render uses only the CPU?
AFIK yes.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

papercoffee wrote:Ok ...I got this error and can't figure out what happened. Can someone elaborate please... I played this map many times and now this?!
You must newer renderers if the textures are above the old standard size.
BTW.If you update with the OldUnreal Media pack, don't forget to get the more recent update at the bottom of the list.
You will have to tweak the default configs for all the renderers.

Laptops often run everything hot, but if it is a desktop GFX card 100 deg C is definitely too hot.
The GFX driver control panel should show temp and fan speed. If the fan is not responding properly there are alternatives for overriding it.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dr.Flay wrote:You must newer renderers if the textures are above the old standard size.
BTW.If you update with the OldUnreal Media pack, don't forget to get the more recent update at the bottom of the list.
You will have to tweak the default configs for all the renderers.
I have installed the OM-pack a month ago. I switched from OpenGL to D3D because of the system break downs to see if my PC is running better and got this GPF on this map.
I have to tweak them? Uhm ...ok? Did I miss somewhere a tutorial for that matter?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Been running bot tests on a map for a couple days with no issues, but with no changes made today it can't get through 1 single match before this pops up:
What does this mean?

Otherwise, it's shaping up nicely:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

What does this mean?
Attachments
Clip0001.png
Clip0001.png (9.29 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:What does this mean?
I guess there is a sound with invalid format. Can you track down the error to a specific sound?

Maybe this helps also.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Chris
Experienced

Post by Chris »

EvilGrins wrote:Been running bot tests on a map for a couple days with no issues, but with no changes made today it can't get through 1 single match before this pops up:
What does this mean?

Otherwise, it's shaping up nicely:
You seem to be running quite a few very poorly coded mods.

And yes 100C is too hot. You shouldn't see over 75C on modern cards, older high end cards could do up to maybe 85C

EDIT: ANYTHING using a replacement must always do a check to make sure that the object is not already replaced, otherwise will result in infinite recursion like in your first post.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Chris wrote: And yes 100C is too hot. You shouldn't see over 75C on modern cards, older high end cards could do up to maybe 85C
I think this is meant for me.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Resurect this thread with a new strange error ... but somehow it rings a bell.

What is happening?
I have never installed that Amp... but every umod I try to install is suddenly this Amp thing!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A wild guess - there's a Manifest.ini somewhere (in your UT/System folder?) that points to the Oldskool Amp'd? I seem to remember some problem like that back in the day when I could install umods by clicking on them.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

OjitroC wrote:A wild guess - there's a Manifest.ini somewhere (in your UT/System folder?) that points to the Oldskool Amp'd? I seem to remember some problem like that back in the day when I could install umods by clicking on them.
I just deleted the Manifest ini and int and the umod worked again :tu: ... but I think I'll use some umod extractor the next time.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I use UMODTool which is fine, works well - allows one to choose what is extracted and where, read the readme and to create umods should one so desire. I also have UmodExtractor but haven't used that for a long time and it doesn't seem to have the same range of functions.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm assuming this loosely translates to I shouldn't keep opening too many monster rooms at once, I should instead eliminate all the monsters in the room I'm in before proceeding too far ahead... yes?
Attachments
xxClip0001.png
xxClip0001.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:13 am I'm assuming this loosely translates to I shouldn't keep opening too many monster rooms at once, I should instead eliminate all the monsters in the room I'm in before proceeding too far ahead... yes?
No - it means the qdemon code is buggy - see the posts in this thread following your previous post about this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5278&hilit=qdemon&start=30#p86859 and do a search of the forum for 'qdemon' as this was also raised in a couple of other threads.

Sektor improved the code of the QuakeMPak2.u - see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12285&p=98760&hilit=qdemon#p98760
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't know if I can explain well these events of that "berserk FART" code. We do have a triangle of functions transmitting execution in circle like a dog running to bite his own tail and soon it falls down tired of running in place like a crazy.

See scenario >>
Pawn is killing victim and then it calls:
#1 WhatToDoNext - looking for a nearby pawn for fight, doing a query for a legit attack at
#2 SetEnemy - a poorly coded thing which won't check if nearby pawn is not already killed/hidden returning TRUE and then it goes to
#3 State Attacking which will discard enemy already killed ( Enemy.health <= 0 ) and calls WhatToDoNext at #1 + increasing iterating cycles and then #2 and #3 and again...

This dumb sh!t is getting called over an over when Pawn brutalizing enemy should practice victorydance or following a given order if has nothing to do after first cycle. Because Bot wants to roam all time, They added a Sleep cycle to break pathing craps but doing NOTHING at monsters at least for preventing this recursive query.

What is wrong with those pawns ? Let me see... They are not only using the same code unchanged, but even executing the same things from parent classes, a copy-paste of berserker in each child class - mindless. They need some conditions added even if are slowing down a bit the code, it won't do damage.

If you fix original Epic Codes it won't help, these having the old copy happily duplicated for making other dumb pawns, like Berserker was not enough damaging.

Edit: There is a hint for people making dumb moves with ScriptedPawn. Actually an external tweak operating monster in sorting enemy it's more useful than copying bad stock codes. In my private DM, monsters are playing DeathMatch instead of sitting down as they do in MonsterHunt, and some of them are just default stock pawns and nothing "improved" in berserker style and are X times more aggressive than any such copy-paste crusher. I don't need to explain how can be triggered to a better navigation capability because not everyone likes a monster challenge.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.