Looking for map recommendations

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Cadar
Novice

Re: Looking for map recommendations

Post by Cadar »

papercoffee wrote:You should check out FraGnBraG's works ...many are big or at least unusual with long play time.
This map should fit your needs https://sites.google.com/site/fragnbrag ... -epic-town
But don't forget to look into his other works ... Some maps got created in our contests we made here.
https://sites.google.com/site/fragnbrag/

And for a blatant self-advertisement :mrgreen: 3072 The Insane Tower - v2 It's not huge but infinite.
I know FnB's work well. I have a number of his maps, including in several map packs I got from the contests. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll grab a copy of Epic Town. I know some of the maps he based it on.

*EDIT - downloading the Epic Town map from the link you gave me, and my antivirus had a fit, luckily not over the zip file itself. So be careful if you plan to download anything from there.

And I'll definitely check yours out! Hmmm ... so that's what's meant by an "infinite" map. I've seen a couple of them before, it's a seriously underused idea. One of the 100K or 300K maps - Descent, I think - has the same kind of idea where it repeats itself.
Cadar
Novice

Post by Cadar »

OjitroC wrote:@ Cadar - I hadn't played Prong or Heaven's Edge before - both are interesting and different, so thanks for those suggestions.
Yeah, I like both of them myself. I'd love to see the Heaven's Edge concept taken up a notch, maybe with more Z-index capabilities, a bit more underground work (some tunnels and one or two larger 1G spaces, perhaps) and a retexturing just to tone the bright colours down. But it's a fun concept. And Prong's just great, I've had loads of fun with it. You can play totally different games with it: camp and snipe, hop around on the jump pads and drop rockets and flak, get down and dirty with the bots up close. Both of them lend themselves well to be stuffed full of bots and the relics and then having a slaughter fest (-8
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Cadar
You don't have to double post to answer different people. (It's also against the house rules)
In writing mode is the complete thread visible under the write field with the quote function available.
Cadar
Novice

Post by Cadar »

@papercoffee, OK.

And thanks for the level recommendation, it's a lot of fun. I like how you can jump down the hole if you get into difficulties.