Map Edit for anybody

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Map Edit for anybody

Post by Red_Fist »

Barbie wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:But I don't want to load AKcoop just for the pawns
My version of this file ("AKcoop.u") has just 988 kiB. I would not hesitate to add that to the archive.
It's not that, he wrote it for "Unreal" and is meant to be a mutator, so it affects the map for things other than just using pawns from it. I forget what it did but I won't use it.

It's the other settings or code, that interfere somehow.

What we need is a new pack extracting only pawns from all the packs but only as a pawn selection, no other code, like upak or other packs all in one, would be awesome.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

AkCoop has mainly some powerful pawns and some mutator. As a matter of fact it can be imported in MyLevel and map will hold only what is being used/added, the rest is discarded... Code is readable with UTPT.
Edit:
Current file has been updated and deleted, next version is downloadable in later posts.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:[AkCoop's] Code is readable with UTPT.
I tried that also with UTPT v2.0 Beta5, but got obviously incomplete code:

Code: Select all

class AKcoop extends Mutator;
function bool CheckReplacement (Actor Other, out byte bSuperRelevant) {
  if ( Other.IsA('JumpBoots') )
  {
    JumpBoots(Other).Charge = TakeDamage;
    switch (MyEffect != Other) != hatchling;
    // There are 1 jump destination(s) inside the last statement!
    {
      SearchLight(Other).Charge = TakeDamage;
}
Unfortunately the code is also stripped partially so I cannot verify that by looking into AkCoop.u directly nor by UnrealED.

BTW: Is something like this useful for anything except keeping CPU busy?

class AKcoop extends Mutator;
function PostBeginPlay () {
  if ( Initialized )
    return;
  Initialized = True;
}
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Thank you, I will use it (them), I don't mind doing this map but the same old stock pawns just isn't enough terror to spread around for MH

Dang, it don't have those little skaarj from AKCoop, that packhunter and the other one, wish I had those things, I NEED those tiny little dastardly f'ers

It still has good tough pawns in it though.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:BTW: Is something like this useful for anything except keeping CPU busy?
Many mutators are using this way for not being said loaded twice. Me personally I'm not so convinced about such occurrences probably we speak about a second instance of the same mutator - so to speak another copy which is a different thing, perhaps some known server-tool is stupidly calling PostBeginPlay PreBeginPlay for each mutator doing a sh!t double initialization at some of them (more iterators in some cases). I did the same kind of code but... I'm writing it in my way - if this is a must-have in a mutator.

event PostBeginPlay()
{
   if (!bInitialized)
   {
       DoTheInitThings();
       bInitialized=True;
   }
}
We can use only a single condition and honestly I don't know if the alternate condition "Else" is really needed. Mutators generally should prevent another the same type to be loaded rather than a second PostBeginPlay, but heck knows what some "toys" are doing. We all know that we can call a state or a function from a class even if is an automated one and already executed/running.
Red_Fist wrote:Dang, it don't have those little skaarj from AKCoop, that packhunter and the other one, wish I had those things, I NEED those tiny little dastardly f'ers
You can add them using above command inside Editor - this is how I have imported them - they doesn't need compiling (are stripped anyway).
EDIT: Here you go I have added those hunters and even more - now you have some MyLevel.
[attachment=0]MH-StuffStorage_noGame_01.7z[/attachment]
Attachments
MH-StuffStorage_noGame_01.7z
Updated Pawns in MyLevel
(483.33 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Red_Fist wrote: Dang, it don't have those little skaarj from AKCoop, that packhunter and the other one, wish I had those things, I NEED those tiny little dastardly f'ers
They're in AKCoop2.u - see list below
Spoiler
AKcoop2.dragonfly
AKcoop2.hornet
AKcoop2.nester
AKcoop2.hatchling
AKcoop2.icetitan
AKcoop2.packhunter
AKcoop2.deathhunter
AKcoop2.minion
AKcoop2.manta111x
AKcoop2.nester
AKcoop2.squid2
AKcoop2.drone
AKcoop2.mech
AKcoop2.naliinfest
AKcoop2.Evol
AKcoop2.Samain
AKcoop2.Gruel
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I don't see a command or instructions. Not sure how to do this .u stuff

But I think if just trying to use AKCoop loaded (a version you can place and see the pawns in the editor), it still wants stuff and textures from the .U file

Actually if you can just extract all of them to your warehousing map would be a good thing. And I can credit ASguard in the readme.

Fuck you for forcing people to use your shitty mutator and your shitty code. Asshole.

By the way, there's no net incompatbility with this. Now FUCK OFF.

-[]KAOS[]Casey

p.s. you made the development process for 227a-227f much harder because you kept introducing code that broke things in pawns. You are SHIT.

defaultproperties
{
}
Attachments
AKCoop2fix2.zip
changed to place pawns in editor, still can't use though
(205.82 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I have updated MyLevel sample above...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Red_Fist wrote: ... But I think if just trying to use AKCoop loaded (a version you can place and see the pawns in the editor), it still wants stuff and textures from the .U file
If you don't want to use AKCoop or AKCoop2, most of the same pawns are in Asgard2.u (though by the same person, of course)

asgard2.dragonfly 
asgard2.hornet
asgard2.nester
asgard2.hatchling
asgard2.icetitan
asgard2.packhunter
asgard2.deathhunter
asgard2.minion
asgard2.manta111x
asgard2.nester
asgard2.squid2
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And those can be inserted in MyLevel for preventing mismatching headaches too... These operations really doesn't need any compilation done, if package has a normal integrity even is stripped or not it can be used as it is without loading resource files as deps later, everything is inside the map...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Excellent, thank you very much. I guess I will do some version of that Grania map, one Evilgrins will be sorry he posted it and sorry I ever made it,

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I might have to do some weird thing, is that I can't have critters that fly go over the walls to other areas in that map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You can spawn them in other areas or Try XC_PathBuilder by Higor for some aerial alarms. I have also some CreatureFactory able to operate 64 SpawnPoint type KeyPoint not NavigationPoint (preventing adding useless paths).
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I have an idea, it will make it so the player can't just blast their way through without consequences. so they can choose how hard the map will be if they act too trigger happy.

Some spots I will make it unavoidable and getting a redeemer will be at a cost each time they want one.

So if you play drunk, you will know you are drunk LoL

Too bad the rebel skaarj gets killed by bots, but then again we have bots to defend and help unlike SP where they are nice to get and use.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well I added a pool in that large grass area behind the castle, got t have at least one spot for water and watery pawns, adding detail textures, put a step or steps in front of the buildings you can get inside. or to the porch.

Adding some deco plants and trees, I might duplicate a few buildings since some courtyard areas are pretty big, they need some extra stuff, not just plants or trees.

Going to add or make all the movers for each doorway next, and probably for the building entrances.

Trying to stick with the textures that are there so it don't start looking like Unreal.

Placed some pawns from Sektor mylevel map, I probably won't use them all, that sleeper skaarj can F off, damn thing kills and makes you sleep even if you never click to start playing. I would use that thing as a trap, not a pawn LoL

Just going to do a little each day or so, not going to make any gameplay till I have the BSP or movers in place and some deco.

And I definitely don't condone the way this map was built, hope it don't screw up on me. Plus I really don't want to add more polys but I am going to have to add some brushes it should be ok I have seen worse.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Does anyone know why or what is causing this when I move lights around, It happens on other maps as well.

It will happen when I move lights but not every one every time, OR if I move the light successfully then it crashes on the rebuild.
It leaves the screen black only showing the movers, everything is froze and have to hit Alt Ctrl Del to close the editor.
I get the warning log if it rebuilds, but just a crash while moving the light.

There is no fancy setting on the lights.

Log: BspOptGeom building sidelinks
Log: BspOptGeom end
Log: Processed 9469 T-points, linked: 65639/65858 sides
Critical: URender::OccludeBsp
Critical: URender::OccludeFrame
Log: URender::DrawWorld anomaly
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level MyLevel.MyLevel
Init: Input system initialized for WINDOWSVIEWPORT0
Log: Opened temporary viewport
Critical: URender::OccludeBsp
Critical: URender::GetVisibleSurfs
Critical: FMeshIlluminator::ComputeAllLightVisibility
Critical: UEditorEngine::shadowIlluminateBsp
Critical: UEditorEngine::Exec
Critical: (LIGHT APPLY SELECTED=0 VISIBLEONLY=1)
Critical: WEditorFrame::OnCommand
Critical: WM_HSCROLL
Critical: WWindow::WndProc
Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
Critical: DispatchMessage
Critical: 00060398 273
Critical: MessagePump
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode