MH Base Map for anyone

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

MH Base Map for anyone

Post by Diego_HoF »

During the creation of my map Forest of Silence, i saw some potencial to be one of does MH Defend Base kinda map, so i gonna share the map base here to anyone that want to use it or try/test monsters(it's only the red base without monsters), i removed the flag and music(pick whatever you want) and add bot support/pathing.

sektor2111 wrote:First point:
It needs happily to be removed DefencePoint Actors from nearby nodes and Inventories and AlternatePath has no purpose in MH.
The second point:
I'll bet on 10$ that All Player will defend Base camping only near redeemers spots. If All Player is supposed to have redeemer what kind of monster can be used for a minimal challenge ?
The third Point: WHAT does this means ?
Map has a single zone and adding 4 ZoneInfo actors really makes no sense.
Next Point: Map needs paths in all Base including behind Base, else a monster boosted or Bot boosted there will have nothing to do.
EDIT:Reason: LOL
I'm not a fan of mixing solid brushes in the same spot and miss-aligned. It do needs some work because even on an 1 UU grid some brushes are not aligned either. I have merged polygons for those stairs because I don't see a reason for such a load. Gonna experiment some semi-solid types as well. Definitely render performance can be improved.
Ok, i removed the zoneinfos and changed them to ambientsounds, add pathnodes behind the base and the sizes and finally removed all alternate paths, redeemers and defense points
Attachments
MH-Silence.rar
MH Base Map
(173.64 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Last edited by Diego_HoF on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: MH Base Map for anyone

Post by sektor2111 »

First point:
It needs happily to be removed DefencePoint Actors from nearby nodes and Inventories and AlternatePath has no purpose in MH.
The second point:
I'll bet on 10$ that All Player will defend Base camping only near redeemers spots. If All Player is supposed to have redeemer what kind of monster can be used for a minimal challenge ?
[attachment=0]What_Zones.JPG[/attachment]
Next Point: Map needs paths in all Base including behind Base, else a monster boosted or Bot boosted there will have nothing to do.
I'm not a fan of mixing solid brushes in the same spot and miss-aligned. It do needs some work because even on an 1 UU grid some brushes are not aligned either. I have merged polygons for those stairs because I don't see a reason for such a load. Gonna experiment some semi-solid types as well. Definitely render performance can be improved.
Attachments
What_Zones.JPG
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Re: MH Base Map for anyone

Post by Diego_HoF »

sektor2111 wrote:First point:
The second point:
[attachment=0]What_Zones.JPG[/attachment]
First Point: Thanks to tell me that, those points were part of the CTF map, and the alternatepath was my way to make bots get outside of base.
Second Point: You can remove the redeemers, OR , sent monsters with lots of HPs(OMGs maybe)
Third Point: Used those zoneinfos for ambientsounds, before knowing there was a actor for that.
About the paths, Still new with bot pathing, so for me its ok if they move in the base and get out to fight.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'm still new with mapping and MH is a gametype that i think i'm not reeady to map yet. Modify/change the map if you want, i don't mind it.