My Maps

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

My Maps

Post by Diego_HoF »

I'm gonna post all my maps here to share with everyone, i'm still new with mapping and i can't make complicated ones but sometimes simple is better.
Feel Free to comment about them and giving suggestions/feedback, i don't mind criticism.

Also this topic will be use as a Archive of all the maps i created for perservation and to see past proyects that can help anyone in mapping.

(Old)DM-Dimensional

This is the first try making a map, its called Dimensional Cube and is a simple design Deathmatch map.

You fight in 2 areas, one of top surronded by huts and one in the middle that has 4 "special" rooms to enter.

Finally i add some secrets on it, try to find them :cheesegrin:

Screenshots:

Inside Area

Top Area

Rooms

(Old)CTF-SpacePool

Yep, My Second Map completed, this time a CTF map, 2 teams fight to see who can take control of the Pool that travels in space and have more time to play in the water.

Fun Fact: This map use assets of my first attempt to make a map that ended badly and with alot of unlined shapes and bad rooms(Little Nightmare for OCDs :P).

Secrets? Yep, there is 2, one easy to spot and another one not too easy to find :cheesegrin:

Red Base

Blue Base

(Old)CTF-Silence

Welcome everyone to the Forest of Silence, this place is infamous for having a lot of battle moments in the past, now Liandri want to use this battlefield to fight the tournament, just becareful participants because anything can happen here.

Red Base

Blue Base

EDIT:Removed the Zoneinfos in CTF-Silence and replace it with ambientsound actors, please redownload it for no mismatch error

DM-Diego-ToyFactory --> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13597
DM-Diego-Battleship --> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13557
Revamp Maps --> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13748
The Really Series ---> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14511
DM-Diego-GorhlaCultHQ ---> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14590
Attachments
CTF-Silence.rar
Forest Of Silence
(406.68 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
CTF-SpacePool.rar
Space Pool
(126.51 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
DM-Dimensional.rar
Dimensional Cube
(207.61 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Last edited by Diego_HoF on Mon May 03, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Re: My Maps

Post by Diego_HoF »

Made a No RX Version of Spacepool for other CTF modes like siege and Instagib
Attachments
CTF-SpacePool-NoRX.rar
Space Pool No RX Version
(118.05 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by Diego_HoF on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Your mapping seems pretty abstract. :wink:

DM-Dimensional has some potential ...but is too much stuffed with too many random things.
CTF-Silence is the best looking of those first three ...but the use of the textures looks incoherent.
You mixing up too many styles.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

papercoffee wrote:Your mapping seems pretty abstract. :wink:

DM-Dimensional has some potential ...but is too much stuffed with too many random things.
CTF-Silence is the best looking of those first three ...but the use of the textures looks incoherent.
You mixing up too many styles.
in Dimensional, the idea was to make random things and rooms, like changing between dimensions in the middle of the cube and outside making it like its own area :)

in Silence, there only 2 themes used(city and Nalicastle), used city first but then saw better textures in NaliCastle so i use them instead but in the walls outside and the roofs of the village looked good for me
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Diego_HoF wrote:EDIT:Removed the Zoneinfos in CTF-Silence and replace it with ambientsound actors, please redownload it for no mismatch error
Whow, did you release different files with the same name to the public? Happy file mismatching then...

I recommend NEVER doing such - by putting map packages on my server I run into difficulties multiple times, because there exist different versions of files with the same name, and there is usually no possibility to decide which one is the "correct" one. Documentation is very rare in this software segment.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Barbie wrote:
Diego_HoF wrote:EDIT:Removed the Zoneinfos in CTF-Silence and replace it with ambientsound actors, please redownload it for no mismatch error
Whow, did you release different files with the same name to the public? Happy file mismatching then...

I recommend NEVER doing such - by putting map packages on my server I run into difficulties multiple times, because there exist different versions of files with the same name, and there is usually no possibility to decide which one is the "correct" one. Documentation is very rare in this software segment.
The version you can download here and in HoF forum is the correct one, i understand your worry, i hate the mismatches too....
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Diego_HoF wrote: The version you can download here and in HoF forum is the correct one, i understand your worry, i hate the mismatches too....
Then what about not adding more stuff to the mismatch noise?
If you edit a map put a version number in its name.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Update:

Day 10: After some research of the cube, we discovered that it has some kind of mind after detecting some electricity pulses inside it... We dont know what can happend but for now the cube is calm. - Scientist

Day 20: AHHH, The Cube is vibrating!!!, the cube sent some cylinders to take over the mini cubes nearby. Walls appear in areas nearby and we are concern that this is just the beginning of something big, we dont know what the cube wants.
But for some reason the farest cubes are gatherting together, we can't predict whats gonna happen next - Scientist

FIX Version Changes:
-Added namespace
-Updated the bizzare dimension with walls movement and gravity up for better jumps to exits(looks weird but thats the idea)
-Update Corridors with walls to make areas less open and teleport more safe to passby.
-Changed the NitrogenZone to VacuumZone(no death message but this is the way i wanted players to die)
-Secret Areas and Teleporters Adjusted
-Added Jumpboots in bizzare Area
-Removed extra bookshelf(rectangle) in Mansion area

I'm gonna make some fixes to my first maps in order to improve them, but at the same time, i want to tell a story with this changes, not just make different versions just to change some stuff and done. Nah, when my 2nd version appears, it will have some of the original map with it.
No need to delete the 1st version, Enjoy and Download Both
Attachments
DM-Dimensional-FIX.rar
Dimensional Cube Fix
(251.73 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Update Version
CTF-SpacePool-FIX.rar
SpacePool FIX
(147.87 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
After some fights, the corridors used to flight were destroyed, and no longer can be use, that means our flag/reactor is vulnerable and others can easy attack, atleast the defense turrets are active to protect there, also we got some extra missles to use. - Enginner

The Area near the Pool got closed by windows blocks and it looks stronger that we think, so no problem to keep fighting here, the special area area isn't lost, we still detect it nearby thanks to a tracker we put there. But cant locate its entrance yet, we will keep searching. - Officer

FIX Version Changes:
-Added namespace
-Added External area for RX dogfights
-Added Turrets to help defend the flag plus 2 deemers(for fights or combos)
-Secret Area location adjusted cause of new external area
-Sniper area now has 2 reason to use, defend the base of foot enemies and ???
-Separaction of the Pool and External area
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You can forget stupid turrets and other pawns in CTFGame - just look at log file after playing that map, EPIC have never used any such stuff in CTF maps - you might want to take in account some "stock" hints...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I've been downloading these but I haven't tried any of them yet, Diego.

How's the bot-pathing?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

EvilGrins wrote:I've been downloading these but I haven't tried any of them yet, Diego.

How's the bot-pathing?
All my maps have bot support :), go ahead and try them
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Update

To Liandri President

Sir, we have continue with the exploring of the pyramid and found some extra hints in a hidden mechanics controling the traps, for some reason some ruins appear nearby and pillars appear inside the hallways blocking some of the area, i dont know what else will find, but it looks this tomb is more that we think it is.

FIX Version Changes
-Added Namespace
-Update Textures in Pyramid
-Adjustment of Movers and traps
-Added Obstacles in hallways to fill
-Added Ruins area outside for pickups
-Central Area updated with solid walls
-Bot Pathing set by me(not the editor)
Attachments
DM-ForbiddenTomb-FIX.rar
Forbidden Tomb FIX
(358.29 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

sektor2111 wrote:EPIC have never used any such stuff in CTF maps - you might want to take in account some "stock" hints...
Yes, they did add turrets in CTF-High. Total 8 minigun-turrets, 4 in each base. But yes, those turrets do cause log errors.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Bummer ...I need working team cannons for my Dog-Fight Map.