Coding contest.

Discussions about UT99
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Re: Coding contest.

Post by UTDeath »

Not to worry Unreal Boy, the Squidy is more than enough.
Trying to get a kill with secondary fire on arena match is quite the challenge.
I modified the Translocator a little bit and now it looks like a Pupae, I will upload it later.
Now I'm working on the Pulse Gun replacement, The Queengun.
Like I said, it will be a small, portable Queen that shoots those golden stars the Queens normally shoot as primary fire as well as using the shield as secondary fire.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Do you throw the Pupae to translocate?
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

You have a small Pupae that throws smaller Pupae :D
I didn't really change that much, mostly visual stuff and audio, anyone who knows about weapon code will understand what I did, even non coders should as I left messages that are pretty clear.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

shouldn't it be then a Queen model again who ...poop ...a pupae??!

I mean ... :what: well.
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Here's the Translopae :D
It's supposed to be a Translocator that looks and sounds like a Pupae, I left plenty of messages on the source so it should be easy to understand it.
Anyway, please report any flaws or problems it may have as well as suggestions and stuff.
Also, for coders, check line 103 of the TranslopaeTarget.uc, the message should tell you what I was trying to do but I couldn't get it to work, perhaps that line goes somewhere on the Translopae code instead but I do not know.
Attachments
Translopae.rar
Translopae
(13.45 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:ScriptLog: Fabricate Translopae.Translopae
Log: Failed import: Class Class UT99OrgMW.TranslopaeTarget (file ../System/UT99OrgMW.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'Translopae': Can't find Class in file 'Class UT99OrgMW.TranslopaeTarget'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class Translopae.Translopae': Can't find Class in file 'Class UT99OrgMW.TranslopaeTarget'
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

I wasn't able to spawn it at first. But I recompiled it and it is a nice weapon. Useful in CTF.
Though try to decrease the Player View Scale, its quite big and blocks the view when looking Downward direction.

Great Weapon Though :gj:
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

I think the folders might be the problem, I will re-upload it later in a different way to see if it works. At least Rocky could use it :)
And yeah, I thought about that as well since the Translocator is much smaller, will change that :tu:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Sooo... contest over... Now what :?:
Who wants to package the guns all together to make the weapon pack?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
UTDeath wrote:Here's the Translopae :D
It's supposed to be a Translocator that looks and sounds like a Pupae, I left plenty of messages on the source so it should be easy to understand it.
Anyway, please report any flaws or problems it may have as well as suggestions and stuff.
Also, for coders, check line 103 of the TranslopaeTarget.uc, the message should tell you what I was trying to do but I couldn't get it to work, perhaps that line goes somewhere on the Translopae code instead but I do not know.
What about ?

Ned UT99OrgMW.u
Ned New-Weapons.u

but

ScriptLog: Fabricate Translopae.Translopae
Log: Failed import: Class Class UT99OrgMW.TranslopaeTarget (file ../System/UT99OrgMW.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'Translopae': Can't find Class in file 'Class UT99OrgMW.TranslopaeTarget'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class Translopae.Translopae': Can't find Class in file 'Class UT99OrgMW.TranslopaeTarget'
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

So, who's going to be in charge to merge all the weapons in a single pack and such? The contest is over, so it has to be wrapped up.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:So, who's going to be in charge to merge all the weapons in a single pack and such? The contest is over, so it has to be wrapped up.
This is the one that says that there is :lol2:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Yeah, I want my Lively-Weapons Pack!!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:This was a really good idea. I would have contributed, but there's already a trillion weapons that do it. ie "WeaponLord" mod. I would've had to come up with something truly unique and fun. The bunny bomber was a great example, maybe making it easier to activate the super bunnies (you have to change a variable each round with admin because its not a config file variable)

Did you manage to compile them all together? You should be able to locate which one requires the dependencies, and ask the author. Or create a dud package with dud functions and see what happens (final resort)

Please have more competitions like this!
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Hello guys.
Like I told Ferali a little ago, I rearranged my life and I found I had some little time I could use for UT, it's coding and the forum.
Therefore, and like he advised, I will give closure to this before doing some other projects.
But before it is over we need to finish it, I don't want an unfinished weapon pack.
Like I said, at the end of it we would have a complete set of new weapons and if I have to develop the rest then I will.
If I'm right then we already have five of them:
- Jack's Sushi Gun.
- My Translopae.
- Rai's Waspenator.
- Ferali's Squidy.
- Rocky's Guardian.
We still need more of them to finish this and that brings the question, do you guys want to make them or should I work on finishing it myself?
If we take it back to a contest thing then we should all make them and not only me so that we can then vote on which were the best ones.
At the end it is up to you people, tell me what you want.