DOM-Maiden [Beta]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: DOM-Maiden [Beta]

Post by sektor2111 »

Old man has a few words: When a fox cannot reach at grapefruits will say that they aren't good.

While you don't know how to setup things you say that are not useful... Thank you! Now at least admins will know that your works can be excepted from ON-Line play-ground.
Being finally honest is a good thing after all. Better later than never.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I never wanted my work in On-Line playground either! Who cares with it (the online playground). You can use OFFLINE playground even without Internet!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

For offline play are the bots important ...do your bots work on your map?
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

papercoffee wrote:For offline play are the bots important ...do your bots work on your map?
Yeah, all that remains is making some FearSpot in the campfire.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Use , blocked paths actor, they won't touch it. so long as every path of those is being blocked, and no path node to node of the regular pathnodes.

I never had any luck with fear spots.
Binary Space Partitioning
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Red_Fist wrote:Use , blocked paths actor, they won't touch it. so long as every path of those is being blocked, and no path node to node of the regular pathnodes.

Fear spots are working for me! I set the bInitiallyActive to True. Now even if I order someone to stay in the campfire, they stay away from danger! :D
I tried BlockedPath but it doesn't block all pathes.

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

If I knew that you'd take an advice I'd asked why this is declared as final.
Gustavo6046 wrote:final function vector NewVector(float X, float Y, float Z)
But I know and so I don't ask. ^^
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Barbie wrote:If I knew that you'd take an advice I'd asked why this is declared as final.
Gustavo6046 wrote:final function vector NewVector(float X, float Y, float Z)
But I know and so I don't ask. ^^
Because I doubt someone would want to modify this function. Unless some dumbass wants to change it to the point it's just making the noober's code non-work!

Weapon of Destruction
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Because I doubt someone would want to modify this function
IMO you just force other developers to rewrite the timer() function also if something should be changed in NewVector(). I only see a restriction by using force here but no advantage. But as I mentioned- I won't discuss this if listener does not listen.
:satan:
"If Origin not in center it be not in center." --Buggie
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Barbie wrote:I won't discuss this if listener does not listen.
Listen to what? I do listen. I just don't know yet how to code for network games.

Weapon of Destruction
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:Use , blocked paths actor, they won't touch it. so long as every path of those is being blocked, and no path node to node of the regular pathnodes.

It's a common issue of people who cannot understand those few lines.
Why BlockedPath ? If we have some path must be a reason to block it temporary NOT PERMANENT else what's the point to have it permanent blocked? I have a path but I block it completely, makes no sense, really.
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote:It's a common issue of people who cannot understand those few lines.
Umm, Actually, all you have to understand in theory is that bInitiallyActive() makes bots fear the spot without the need of triggering it, and permanently.

Though sometimes it's useful bots only fear a place when the FearSpot is triggered e.g. when a trapdoor opens.

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

sektor2111 wrote:

It's a common issue of people who cannot understand those few lines.
Why BlockedPath ? If we have some path must be a reason to block it temporary NOT PERMANENT else what's the point to have it permanent blocked? I have a path but I block it completely, makes no sense, really.
no, just to route the bots around the fire.
Binary Space Partitioning
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

A BlockedPath doesn't do much more than "oh, here's a path node, but you aren't supposed to use it", but it certainly doesn't tell bots to actively stay away. It's probably better to ensure paths don't cross that area in the first place. A FearSpot only additionally makes sure bots get away from the spot when accidentally coming too close.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I was trying to explain that BlockedPath cannot keep Bot away like a FearSpot. When Bot is "hunting" (this is exactly state name) you don't wanna know what it does. Simply almost ignores geometry without taking in account acids lavas and spots too far (won't appreciate well how far can jump - it fails often), usually such a mad Bot finds his end corroded, fell or firing a rocket into a wall or decoration doing an insane suicide, actually he doesn't really care if a path is blocked or not, it is just running to enemy with any matter - in state hunting is called something unique (nothing seems to use that ClearPaths() - which I think is guilty when moron starts running at walls ignoring even geometry ), and it is more insane if find itself well rated (good weapon and health compared with enemy).
FearSpot might bug it... or not, but for sure BotRunner (custom stuff does the job). Runner is hacking destination point and calls state roaming so has chances to get a minimum of deviation in front of danger. It helps with some door trigger (when Bot goes into wrong way), is hacking some road causing a circle-run until whatever mission is completed, I had a bunch of reasons for doing that thing.